Ictfc V St Mirren Top League 29/3/14

shull

I'll be at a wedding....maybe.

The bride to be is a friend of my missus. We aren't talking about a young couple here - they are in their 60s. Anyway, the groom to be had his 'stag' on Saturday. He proceeded to fall over and fracture his skull. Oops! Just out of hospital, I believe.

So....the wedding is in the balance, but whatever happens, I won't be up in Sneck.

Oh, and as for the football?

Meh....

*UPDATE*

The wedding is ON!

The groom-to-be has two black eyes and is reported to be a bit whoozy, but was heard to say that he will be fine after he has had a couple of drinks....

I'm glad it is going ahead, as the distraction from 'open-all-mikes' will be most welcome.

COYS, as ever!

This really is a game we must win against a team that are dropping down the league quicker than a hoors nickers. Yogi wan kenobi has taken this team from 2nd to potential 6th if they were to loose to us tomorrow, by the cut off. Another manager who is totally out his depth so if we fail to win this then its tees-oot for us. Play-off becons.

The only plus side is its not guarantteed that we play 2nd from Championship. We could end up facing the team that finish 4th.

I bet you will find that in 10 years from now the team that ends up in the play-off spot from spfl ends up staying up around 7 times from 10 and that infact it is not so daunting as is being made out due to the better playing squad, the extra time to prepare, the 2nd game being at home and also the fact we could face a team that finish 4th 18 points off top team.

So there is still some light left at the end of the tunnel.

This really is a game we must win against a team that are dropping down the league quicker than a hoors nickers. Yogi wan kenobi has taken this team from 2nd to potential 6th if they were to loose to us tomorrow, by the cut off. Another manager who is totally out his depth so if we fail to win this then its tees-oot for us. Play-off becons.

The only plus side is its not guarantteed that we play 2nd from Championship. We could end up facing the team that finish 4th.

I bet you will find that in 10 years from now the team that ends up in the play-off spot from spfl ends up staying up around 7 times from 10 and that infact it is not so daunting as is being made out due to the better playing squad, the extra time to prepare, the 2nd game being at home and also the fact we could face a team that finish 4th 18 points off top team.

So there is still some light left at the end of the tunnel.

knowing our luck we will end up playing QOS. With the great recorx we have at there ground

In Inverness on Saturday. Pre-arranged stop over to take in the game on the way south.

After Tuesday's result lost a bit of appetite for the game but will be going to cheer the Saints on all the same.

Let's hope for a much improved performance and a positive result. Need a confidence boost going into the post split games.

Expect Goodwin to be back in, hope Kello is fit & would like to see more of Campbell (especially if Magennis is as bad as everybody says he is).

Going to give the boys my full backing - COYS.

Fans, supporters have been giving the boys the backing all season with money & support. The BOD have not been backing the boys or fans with keeping Danny Lennon in a job!

We need to somehow get a win today. Inverness have been toiling recently and the players should be going all out to repay the fans for that fake Saints debacle. Losing is a bad habit to get into and we have got to start picking up points. We don't have a settled formation which is part of the problem imo - I'd pull McGowan back and put him in the playmaker role as he is far better going forward trying to make things happen than up supporting Thommo. Goodwin must come back in and it may even be worth considering a 3-5-2 formation as we might as well have a go.

COYS!

I've got a feeling.........

2-1 Saints with Thommo getting both...... after we go in at half time 1-0 down.

BELIEVE.

That's the one scenario I Don't envisage.

Our teams confidence is fragile at best. IF we lose the first recent previous tells me we'll lose more.

Team should be:

Dilo

Naismith

McGregor

Cheeser

Kelly

Newton

Goodwin

McGowan

McLean

McGinn

Thommo

Simple team, no mercenaries like Magennis. Play this I'm sure we will get least a point, don't play this I'm sure we will lose.

Team should be:

Dilo

Naismith

McGregor

Cheeser

Kelly

NEWTON?

Goodwin

McGowan

McLean

McGinn

Thommo

Simple team, no mercenaries like Magennis. Play this I'm sure we will get least a point, don't play this I'm sure we will lose.

unsure.png ?

Edited by bluto

NEWTON!!!

The problem with Newton is that he's been asked to be a creative player, he isn't.

Ask him to sit beside Goodwin and buzzbomb the opponents. Run around daft like the Duracell bunny he is, win the ball, then give it to the more creative players in the team. Players like McLean, McGinn and Gowser.

Ask him to perform that role and he will excell IMO (in my opinion). He's one of the fittest players I've ever seen at St Mirren, and he can get stuck in too.

Edited by Lex

NEWTON!!!

The problem with Newton is that he's been asked to be a creative player, he isn't.

Ask him to sit beside Goodwin and buzzbomb the opponents. Run around daft like the Duracell bunny he is, win the ball, then give it to the more creative players in the team. Players like McLean, McGinn and Gowser.

Ask him to perform that role and he will excell IMO (in my opinion). He's one of the fittest players I've ever seen at St Mirren, and he can get stuck in too.

I don't disagree. I like him. What I didn't quite get, obviously, is why Loanee Magennis and Campbell, I assume, should be a mercenary when loanee Newton was absolved.