Josh Magennis Vs Adam Campbell

I really can't believe I even need to ask this. But on what planet does Josh Magennis merit a start ahead of a lad who we've seen all of 4 times?

A 19 year old boy who we chased for 6 months and when we finally signed him, gave him 3 starts before relegating him to 5 minute cameos?

Magennis is a tried and tested failure in the SPFL. His performance tonight made the one which big Bahoken put in on his debut earlier in the season look like Maradona vs England in 1986.

Does anyone genuinely believe, apart from our management team that Josh Magennis merits anything other than a 5 minute time wasting sub appearance when Thompson is knackered?

On the other hand, in Campbell, We have a guy who has proven himself in his short time on the park to be potential game changer for us. A fast, direct, skillful option. Yet we insist on not playing him.

What the f**k is that all about?!

Edited by djchapsticks

I really can't believe I even need to ask this. But on what planet does Josh Magennis merit a start ahead of a lad who we've seen all of 4 times?

A 19 year old boy who we chased for 6 months and when we finally signed him, gave him 3 starts before relegating him to 5 minute cameos?

Magennis is a tried and tested failure in the SPFL. His performance tonight made the one which big Bahoken put in on his debut earlier in the season look like Maradona vs England in 1986.

Does anyone genuinely believe, apart from our management team that Josh Magennis merits anything other than a 5 minute time wasting sub appearance when Thompson is knackered?

On the other hand, in Campbell, We have a guy who has proven himself in his short time on the park to be potential game changer for us. A fast, direct, skillful option. Yet we insist on not playing him.

Really?

He's been poor more than he's been good.

Another player who has become better when not playing.

Edited by faraway saint

Really?

He's been poor more than he's been good.

Another layer who has become better when not playing.

How many starts has he had? 3? 4? He was our MOTM vs Hibs and scored on his debut against Kilmarnock.

He was also being played as a right winger in the majority of those starts, not his natural position.

Edited by djchapsticks

It's not just Magennis.

What about, Caprice, Harkins, Grainger, Bahookie, Wylde, etc etc. I just can't take any Mair. Yes Mair the chap that's helped transform Partick Thistle.

It's not just Magennis.

What about, Caprice, Harkins, Grainger, Bahookie, Wylde, etc etc. I just can't take any Mair. Yes Mair the chap that's helped transform Partick Thistle.

Agreed. The entire situation though just sums Lennon and his season's dealings perfectly. We were told that Bahoken was 'the one we've been waiting for', then he was a mixture of shite and not given the chance. Then Campbell was 'the one we've been waiting for', started impressively enough and was mysteriously dropped. Signed Wylde, who despite a slow start, appeared to play himself into the plans with a good showing from the bench vs Killie, then has been dropped for every match since.

Yet Magennis is a tried and tested dud at this level. A guy we signed just to apparently beef up the number of attacking options we have. He's looked the same old Josh Magennis I remember from Aberdeen, with his Brian McGinty levels of ineffectual play. And yet is being started week in, week out.

It's not just Magennis.

I would say the jury is still out on Wylde I would like to see him been given a proper run in the team but agree with rest utter gash.

Am sorry but Magennis just doesn't have it and there was a reason he never got near the Aberdeen first team and the recruitment on the last year and a half has been soon bad it is untrue.

I would say the jury is still out on Wylde I would like to see him been given a proper run in the team but agree with rest utter gash.

Am sorry but Magennis just doesn't have it and there was a reason he never got near the Aberdeen first team and the recruitment on the last year and a half has been soon bad it is untrue.

The thing is, Aberdeen still want Magennis, they let Wylde go.

I do not understand why we are comparing Josh Magennis with Adam Campbell.

As Josh Magennis was played on the right wing initially (yes I know that is not his natural position but you would have to ask daft Danny why) then surely we must compare Josh Magennis with Gary Teale. Obviously daft Danny feels that an out of position Josh Magennis is a better right winger than Gary Teale.

Personally I think Gary Teale is a cracking player when played on the right and poor Josh Magennis is trying his best but being hopelessly out of position he is destined to struggle. Hamstrung by our daft Danny if you will.

Adam Campbell is a player I would really like to see played up front with Thommo in a 442 formation. He looks to me to have a wee bit of pace about him and playing off the Thommohawk may well bring the goals that we so desperately need. Nothing will be lost in trying it as daft Danny's only tactic of one up front is failing badly.

All said and done though I do feel sorry for Adam Campbell as daft Danny has sold him a pig in a poke when he brought him here on loan. A fair assumption would be that young Adam was offered first team football but is being left to rot on the bench by our daft Danny.

Magennis is a terrible excuse for a footballer no first touch and terrible in the air , can anyone explain why campbell isn't getting a chance ! He's a got pace and eye for goal which is exactly what we were crying out for tonight

A greyhound has pace.

An eye for goal? Hmmm, not convinced but I suppose this is the place to post opinions.

Magennis is a terrible excuse for a footballer no first touch and terrible in the air , can anyone explain why campbell isn't getting a chance ! He's a got pace and eye for goal which is exactly what we were crying out for tonight

His pace would have been no use tonight as the fakes defence never moved up by their 18 yard line.

Saying that god knows how Magennis stayed on the full match though

4 starts and 2 goals is not a bad return IMO

I would have campbell in my team any day of the week before the cart horse that is josh magennis

Are you forgetting his other appearances or doesn't that suit you "opinion".

FKSKS, I'm not saying he's not a decent player but the hysteria that swells among some of our support for someone who HAS NOT been great is ridiculous.

He's been "hooked" in other games because he was ineffective.

Faraway were you at the game. Msgennis was shocking. Your absurd comments are as bad as Lennons tactics.

Go to games that means he'd be away from his computer for atleast 2 hours you crazy think how many posts he could of had.

He's clueless just posts aload of shit 24/7. Tries to have opinions on players he's never seen in the flesh