Josh Magennis Vs Adam Campbell

There is no hysteria in my part towards campbell I am just saying the lad has a lot of potential and obviously very highly thought of at NFC IMO deserves a start before a journeyman like magennis who is surplus to requirements at aberdeen and after his embarressing appearance at AFC cup final I would have sent him packing

Go to games that means he'd be away from his computer for atleast 2 hours you crazy think how many posts he could of had.

He's clueless just posts aload of shit 24/7. Tries to have opinions on players he's never seen in the flesh

No my friend, I jus sit back and laugh at the dafty posts, maybe time you stopped thinking that people who attend are the only people who can be right?

Oh wait, there are plenty on here tonight who were not at the game and agree with you so that makes them ok?

You have to laugh, in fact, I've jus pissed myself, dam you. lol.gif

There is no hysteria in my part towards campbell I am just saying the lad has a lot of potential and obviously very highly thought of at NFC IMO deserves a start before a journeyman like magennis who is surplus to requirements at aberdeen and after his embarressing appearance at AFC cup final I would have sent him packing

Purely speculative, and again, I'm not saying he can't be a decent player but he's not the saviour people make him out to be, IMO.

So just to confirm would you play magennis before campbell or not ? That's the topic my opinion is i'd play campbell what's yours ?

Ach, I'd play whoever suited the opposition, and as I'm not a manger my opinion on the players of St Mirren football cub matter not one jot.

Thanks for asking though, makes me feel better my opinion means next to fcuk all.

What really annoyed me tonight was Magennis started right mid where he was dreadful.

Instead of taking him off and putting Teale on

Danny moves Newton out to the right mid where he has struggled in before.

Newton and McLean have been playing quite well together recently as performances have shown.

He also moves Gowser back into the centre mid instead of the hole he has been playing and moved Magennis up front beside Thommo.

It just played into the fakes hands and they picked us off in the counter

Moving 3 players around to suit a player who was very poor to start with.

Why Kello subbed,i'm struggling to see where he picked up an injury

Faraway saint ....... Hallelujah you got their eventually so after all that you don't actually have an opinion on the topic because you are not a manger ?? Ok then ....

I can confirm after suffering the full 92 mins that magennis did not suit playing this evenings opposition nor any future opposition IMO

Edited by gazmc83

What really annoyed me tonight was Magennis started right mid where he was dreadful.

Instead of taking him off and putting Teale on

Danny moves Newton out to the right mid where he has struggled in before.

Newton and McLean have been playing quite well together recently as performances have shown.

He also moves Gowser back into the centre mid instead of the hole he has been playing and moved Magennis up front beside Thommo.

It just played into the fakes hands and they picked us off in the counter

Moving 3 players around to suit a player who was very poor to start with.

Why Kello subbed,i'm struggling to see where he picked up an injury

A whole lot of "whatiffery" TBH. (© Drew)

Faraway saint ....... Hallelujah you got their eventually so after all that you don't actually have an opinion on the topic because you are not a manger ?? Ok then ....

I can confirm after suffering the full 92 mins that magennis did not suit playing this evenings opposition nor any future opposition IMO

But I have an opinion on some of the shite posted here, thanks for letting me say the same thing again and again and ..............................snore.gif

The problem is Magennis is not a centre forward. His goal scoring record proves this. He is a good squad player who can fill in a few positions. Campbell is a predator with bags of pace, something we have lacked of late.

So has Usain Bolt, means next to fcuk all.

Pace, on it's own, is next to useless.

How many posts are going to claim Campbell is our saviour when the time he has played have shown he's not going to be a great asset?

Fcuk me, I'm becoming a sheeeeeep right enough. lol.gif

So has Usain Bolt, means next to fcuk all.

Pace, on it's own, is next to useless.

How many posts are going to claim Campbell is our saviour when the time he has played have shown he's not going to be a great asset?

Fcuk me, I'm becoming a sheeeeeep right enough. lol.gif

He isn't our saviour but he isn't even getting a chance. We are failing to score goals and he is another option from the bench.

Magennis was less than hopeless tonight and that's being polite to the guy. If Thommo doesn't score we don't score.

I do not understand why we are comparing Josh Magennis with Adam Campbell.

As Josh Magennis was played on the right wing initially (yes I know that is not his natural position but you would have to ask daft Danny why) then surely we must compare Josh Magennis with Gary Teale. Obviously daft Danny feels that an out of position Josh Magennis is a better right winger than Gary Teale.

Personally I think Gary Teale is a cracking player when played on the right and poor Josh Magennis is trying his best but being hopelessly out of position he is destined to struggle. Hamstrung by our daft Danny if you will.

Adam Campbell is a player I would really like to see played up front with Thommo in a 442 formation. He looks to me to have a wee bit of pace about him and playing off the Thommohawk may well bring the goals that we so desperately need. Nothing will be lost in trying it as daft Danny's only tactic of one up front is failing badly.

All said and done though I do feel sorry for Adam Campbell as daft Danny has sold him a pig in a poke when he brought him here on loan. A fair assumption would be that young Adam was offered first team football but is being left to rot on the bench by our daft Danny.

Gary Teale is on his way back from injury - presumably the reason why he was given 20 minutes tonight and 5 minutes at the weekend?

I was over the moon when we got Campbell.

Me too...finally we had a player with pace capable of scoring goals and winning games......and shortly after doing just that against Hibs Danny brought in Magennis and Campbell hasn't started a game since. It will most likely cost him his job !

He could maybe still see it and play him with Thompson but I think his sheer bloody minded stupidity will win out meaning he'll continue to leave him on the bench until he's doing the odd annual article for the papers on "that special day", Saints are in the Championship and Campbell is scoring 20 odds for some English Championship side.

Me too...finally we had a player with pace capable of scoring goals and winning games......and shortly after doing just that against Hibs Danny brought in Magennis and Campbell hasn't started a game since. It will most likely cost him his job !

He could maybe still see it and play him with Thompson but I think his sheer bloody minded stupidity will win out meaning he'll continue to leave him on the bench until he's doing the odd annual article for the papers on "that special day", Saints are in the Championship and Campbell is scoring 20 odds for some English Championship side.

IF he does than that will be seen as a great error but I'm still inclined to bet that your prediction will turn out to be nothing more than empty words.

Time will tell.

Edited by faraway saint

I think the signings from the last two transfer windows are suggesting this season is mirroring DL's chaotic first season in charge when players were signed and usually thrust straight into the team or had a few subs appearances and disappeared almost as soon as they arrived. This year we have seen this pattern re-emerge with Cornell, Dillo, Grainger, Harkins, Caprice, Bahoken, Campbell, Wylde. Magennis looks like he is about the only signing this season to get a regular start most weeks he is available.

Since he has had 1 MOTM appearance and scored a couple of goals with only about 3 starts I am inclined to take the view that Campbell will score more goals and set up more goals than either Wylde, Magennis or Bahoken. This doesn't mean that he won't at times be gash or inconsistent but at 19 he maybe has more excuse for the odd duff game than someone like Magennis who has a reasonable amount of experience at this level.

I don't know why we can't just accept that this season our defence is going to be gash and cut our losses and say lets just play 3 at the back and accept that we may not get another clean sheet this season, and go for it in the remaining games with either a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 formation. We should be fairly solid in midfield if we can get Goodwin, McLean, McGinn, McGowan and Teale fit and playing with a bit of confidence.

Campbell and Wylde (to a lesser degree) can give us pace and width to help Thommo out and hopefully if we can get Teale up to speed the supply from crosses, corners, free kicks should feed the Hawk better.

If we can stay clear of injuries and suspensions I'd love to see us settle on starting 3-5-2 in the games between now and the end of the season and if we have to chase a game shifting to 3-4-3 and throwing on Magennis or Bahoken or Reilly on up front.

If we must descend to 11th at the end of the season at least lets end up there having given it a crack at stringing some wins together.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Really?

He's been poor more than he's been good.

Another player who has become better when not playing.

Correct ! Both Magennis and Campbell are nowhere near good enough , another two failed signings to add to the list !