Josh Magennis Vs Adam Campbell

I wonder if Dumbarton fans were seething when they spotted Paul McGinn suited up at our cup final last season.

Maybe they would have, had Dumbarton and St Mirren been division rivals, the player actually jumped onto the cup presentation podium, the player had been involved in a sickening defeat 24 hrs earlier, the player had been pish in a Dumbarton jersey, and if Dumbarton were up for sale and facing relegation to a division about to contain both Hearts and The Rangers....

Maybe if there was anything remotely the same about the situations some Dumbarton fans might have found the situation a bit whiffy.

I wonder if Dumbarton fans were seething when they spotted Paul McGinn suited up at our cup final last season.

Paul McGinn behaved himself perfectly after our cup win. Club suited, part of the entourage but left the squad of players that won the tournament to enjoy it.

We didn't see McGinn piggy backing Danny Lennon at the final whistle nor did we see him dancing around the pitch at Hampden with a St.Mirren scarf and champagne all over the place or a Twitter photograph of him drinking champers out the trophy.

Paul McGinn handled the situation exactly how it should've been. Magennis, not so much.

No matter how badly we are playing, I always get behind the team, 35 years of getting behind the team, and there has been some shite in that time that its been bloody difficult to get behind.

But last night, I lost it. I finally vented my fury at Magennis when he yet again failed to win a header, jump, try to win the ball, even do star jumps in front of the defender to put him off, when he'd a three yard start on the said defender. And then, he has the cheek to stand there looking disappointed at the final whistle.

Magennis isn't a footballer, but still he gets 90 minutes ahead of Campbell, Teale, Wylde, or the plethora of players that "nice guy Danny" didn't get on with.

davidg.... Wake up! Time to get up!

10 hours sleep, first time in ages :P

He's an Aberdeen player that can't get in their team, is on loan with us, and shat himself at Tannadice on Saturday. Jumping around in a suit on an Aberdeen cup winning podium when he had fcuk-all to do with it and the shite stains are still difficult to remove from his St Mirren shorts?

Fcuk off Magennis. Just my opinion.

Peter Pawlett and others who missed out through injury have a right to be visibly part of the celebrations. Magennis missed out because he is currently turning out for St Mirren FC.

Happy to agree to disagree with St Mirren fans who think it is fine and dandy for Magennis to be giving it large in a suit on the podium.

The under-use of Campbell, the playing of Newton in varying positions that aren't his best (leading to sarcastic texts from Harkins) and my own strong reaction to Magennis' gurning on Aberdeen's cup podium 24 hours after bottling it in a St Mirren game all concern me. It's a point I've raised a few times - our reliance on loanees, then not playing them or shuffling them around.

How much do these guys really feel for the St Mirren jersey? Not a lot I would suggest when compared to, let's say Cheesy. Are they going to battle in the coming weeks like Shuggie, Broadfoot and Mehmet types did when the shit hit the fan? St Mirren go down via the playoffs and the loanees waltz off.

I'd imagine Campbell and Newton would be at Championship or League 1 English clubs in the blink of an eye, and Magennis would take about five minutes to get the trouser press out for his Aberdeen FC cup final suit, and offski he'd go.

I'm no' a happy camper about Danny's soft-centre, loanee-heavy St Mirren when we're facing the sharp end of another relegation threatened season.

I thInk Danny is a decent chap, I really do. However, over recent weeks, how many times have I voiced concerns about facing a vital relegation dogfight without characters like Shuggie, Broadfoot, or Gus MacPherson? I have been vocal about this in regard to loanees and what the St Mirren jersey means to them. Newton gets shuffled around, Campbell doesn't get a game, and Magennis piss-farts around on a cup winning podium when he was nowhere near the final.

Nice guy undoubtably, but he better not get us relegated. Him and the loanees he lauded as the ones he was waiting on. Christ, I forgot about Bahoken and Eric the Bunnet too. How much do guys like this care if St Mirren stay up or not?

Magennis is gash, and he's a contracted Aberdeen player, not a St Mirren one, and he gurned around in an Aberdeen suit on a cup final podium he had fcuk-all involvement in, and it happened 24 hours after he was involved in our capitulation at Tannadice. He's not the type I want in the trenches wearing our stripes when we need someone who is paid by the club, contracted to the club, most likely cares more for the club, and would be most likely be looking at a wage cut or being let go alltogether should relegation happen.

The worst thing that happens to Magennis should St Mirren be relegated is... well, fcuk-all happens to Magennis... He's an Aberdeen FC player.

Fcuking nonsense. Magennis, Bahoken, Campbell, Harkins, Grainger, Caprice.... enter name here of waste of wage / loanee experiment gone wrong.

Get him tae'....

Maybe they would have, had Dumbarton and St Mirren been division rivals, the player actually jumped onto the cup presentation podium, the player had been involved in a sickening defeat 24 hrs earlier, the player had been pish in a Dumbarton jersey, and if Dumbarton were up for sale and facing relegation to a division about to contain both Hearts and The Rangers....

Maybe if there was anything remotely the same about the situations some Dumbarton fans might have found the situation a bit whiffy.

You're really no' happy about this are you.... punk.gif

I'm certainly not writing him off, he's a talented player and may play at a high level one day, I wouldn't mind having him back on loan here next season actually and wouldn't be surprised if it happened. He's 19 though, and as with virtually every player that age he's very inconsistent and not fully physically developed.

I don't expect he will start another game for us this season and I don't think that's a mistake. He offers pace from the bench, but he's not ready to be a regular starter in my opinion.

It's maybe too late now but if we had just gave him a consistent run in the team from January I think he would have been a great player for us and still can be. The success of Naismith, Kelly, Mcginn and Mclean have showed that you can throw a youngster in a the deep end and if they are good enough it will bring out the best in them. If they're good enough they're old enough, and if he is so highly rated from a very good Newcastle youth team then there is no way he doesn't have the talent.

McGinn had never played for Saints first team, McGennis has made over 100 appearances for Aberdeen including one in this seasons LC run - I'd cut McGennis some slack over what happened at Hampden although I wouldn't start him on Saturday.

As for Campbell OK he's not the finished article but if he was he wouldn't be here but he looked perfectly capable of operating & scoring at our level. Campbell was moved down the pecking order by the arrival of Wylde on an 18 month contract & then McGennis on loan leading to a change in our playing system. Things ain't working and it's up to the manager to shake things up, I've already given my opinion on the events of the transfer window and what I'd do regarding the team line-up all we can do now is bitch about it on here & see what happens on Saturday.

Moving slightly off topic the treatment of Campbell surely scotches the rumours that Newton had to be played no matter how he was performing.

I'm certainly not writing him off, he's a talented player and may play at a high level one day, I wouldn't mind having him back on loan here next season actually and wouldn't be surprised if it happened. He's 19 though, and as with virtually every player that age he's very inconsistent and not fully physically developed.

I don't expect he will start another game for us this season and I don't think that's a mistake. He offers pace from the bench, but he's not ready to be a regular starter in my opinion.

I doubt Newcastle will be sending us anymore players after the way Campbell's been treated, and I doubt he would even want to come back here next season.

I doubt Newcastle will be sending us anymore players after the way Campbell's been treated,

Why?

They've sent 3 players up. One scored the winner in a national cup final for us and the another is getting a regular start with Newcastle in the EPL and even scored against Liverpool.

Campbell couldn't get a game with Carlisle and his loan deal was cut short, maybe there's more to the Campbell story?

10 hours sleep, first time in ages :P

You're really no' happy about this are you.... punk.gif

Naw. Walked out of Tannadice scunnered, watching fellow fans sinking their heads into their hands and so on and soforth, and the next day Magennis really got me annoyed.

Had my say on it many times. Not going to bother with Magennis any more.

Forum breathes collective sigh of relief!...fair enough, I banged on about it. Still, open forum and all that. However, I promise, no more harping on about 'our' Aberdeen FC player Josh Magennis.

Edited by pozbaird

Naw. Walked out of Tannadice scunnered, watching fellow fans sinking their heads into their hands and so on and soforth, and the next day Magennis really got me annoyed.

Forum breathes collective sigh of relief!...fair enough, I banged on about it. Still, open forum and all that. However, I promise, no more harping on about 'our' Aberdeen FC player Josh Magennis.

Hoo rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. whistling.gif

Booooo, give us one more rant thumbup2.gif

Why?

They've sent 3 players up. One scored the winner in a national cup final for us and the another is getting a regular start with Newcastle in the EPL and even scored against Liverpool.

Campbell couldn't get a game with Carlisle and his loan deal was cut short, maybe there's more to the Campbell story?

He must have a bad attitude in training.

What ever happened to Thomas Reilly?