Open Letter To Mr. Stuart Gilmour

Similarly, if Saints get relegated, they may finish higher a few seasons later.

WGS has Scotland playing better football than the previous manager, it has been said. As has DL.

The same benefit MIGHT arise if DL goes and someone else comes in.

WGS could not save the qualification process. A new manager also might not save Saints.

It cost the SFA £40,000 to sack Levein, IIRC...?

I assume all Buddies wanting to sack DL and hire an anonymous 'someone else' will be prepared to dip in their pockets to fund the transition?

Anyway... there's ages before the end of season!

Sacking Danny might also gain the club extra funds. If we go down it would be a financial disaster , staying in this league this season must be a priority!

Sacking a manager is always a gamble I suppose, who knows if a new man came in till the end of the season it would make any difference. IMO it's a gamble worth taking.... Look at that performance last night , we looked like a team playing for the sake of it, not a team right in the thick of things at the wrong end of the table.

Dear Stuart

In case you don,t know a proportion of the support are regular..... Knicker wetters , given to airing their soggy Y-fronts on this forum. If you should receive ANY letters, especially those feckin open ones that go on and on about stating the bleeding obvious. Please feel free to giving the letter a wide berth....

or better still bring the writer in to explain in detail how they will improve the team,s performance and results. that should be good for a Rory McGrath.

Yours Lord P

Dear Stuart

In case you don,t know a proportion of the support are regular..... Knicker wetters , given to airing their soggy Y-fronts on this forum. If you should receive ANY letters, especially those feckin open ones that go on and on about stating the bleeding obvious. Please feel free to giving the letter a wide berth....

or better still bring the writer in to explain in detail how they will improve the team,s performance and results. that should be good for a Rory McGrath.

Yours Lord P

Edited by Drew

Similarly, if Saints get relegated, they may finish higher a few seasons later.

WGS has Scotland playing better football than the previous manager, it has been said. As has DL.

The same benefit MIGHT arise if DL goes and someone else comes in.

WGS could not save the qualification process. A new manager also might not save Saints.

It cost the SFA £40,000 to sack Levein, IIRC...?

I assume all Buddies wanting to sack DL and hire an anonymous 'someone else' will be prepared to dip in their pockets to fund the transition?

Anyway... there's ages before the end of season!

I saw a figure quoted at the time which was a lot more than £40k. Was it not more like 400 or even 800K? If I remember correctly it wasn't given as a lump sum but he was effectively on gardening leave receiving his salary. It was quoted as a reason for his showing no interest in jobs that cropped up.

So you also are not sure what to suggest is done.

"Act before it’s too late" is a pretty poor payoff to the preceding waffle. After your preamble, I was hoping for something constructive - especially from you.

No pointers as to how he should act? Which actions should be taken...?

It could be you don't personally want the responsibility of calling for DL's removal, particularly as neither me, you or even SG can have any guarantee that all will be sweetness and light under a new management.

A couple of reasons why I would expect DL to prevail:

1. The post split games will be against 'lesser' teams than Shellic and StJ.

2. I feel that the team which beat Killie a few weeks ago showed they had talent, skill and worked well as a team, sufficient to ensure survival.

ok, 3. We have some great young players, brought through by DL. I think they WILL keep him in his job till at least the season end.

4. Change for change's sake, seldom succeeds.

Bluto,

Call it waffle if you like, I just called it as I see it and if you think that’s waffle then fine – personally I think it is pretty near to how I feel – extremely frustrated!

The Board make the decisions, not you, not I. They are paid to make them (or at least theoretically get a return for making them) but the silence is pretty deafening.

What do you want me to say? – “Lennon must go” – if you think that helps I’ll say it – but does it help, it’s been said a thousand times already on this site. – What I do want however is the Board to stand up to something that has been glaringly obvious to many in the stands at St Mirren Park for some time and not hide away from making decisions that might be unpopular or even unsuccessful, but at least they will have tried, where at present they are letting things glide incessantly downwards.

Stewart reads B&W Army regularly, and as alluded to by Tam he is always up for a chat with concerned supporters.

The board are not daft. They are all St.Mirren minded men. They will be hurting as much as everyone else after last nights performance.

We need to rely on them to make the right decisions in the interest of the football club.

If they are hurting after last night, they must also have been hurting after a 3-0 defeat that could have been 5 or 6 in the game before last night. They must really have been hurting after spunking a 2-zip lead with 11 mins to go at Tannadice in the game before that. They must have been hurting when we were well on top of a poor Hearts team at home before Danny fcuked it up in the second half. They must have been hurting at our inability to hold onto many leads in games. They must surely be hurting at signings like Bahoken. They must be hurting when Partick Thistle rip us a new arse and Danny sends out DVZ and Newton to trip over each other. In short, they must have been hurting so many times since March 17 2013 that one must wonder why they haven't acted to try and stop the hurt.

Dear Stuart

Yours Lord P

I don't wear Y-fronts!

The reason nothing will change prior to play offs is the same reason we have been saddled with the worst manager in our history 12 months past his sell by date-the bod know they can get away with it,its as simple as that .We have some of the least demanding "fans" in the world ,leaving the board home free to do what they want,when they want with a minimum of fuss .I dont take 50% of our fans seriously,dont expect Mr Gilmour to,and that includes one of his patronising little phone calls that make you feel "listened to" f**k off

The reason nothing will change prior to play offs is the same reason we have been saddled with the worst manager in our history 12 months past his sell by date-the bod know they can get away with it,its as simple as that .We have some of the least demanding "fans" in the world ,leaving the board home free to do what they want,when they want with a minimum of fuss .I dont take 50% of our fans seriously,dont expect Mr Gilmour to,and that includes one of his patronising little phone calls that make you feel "listened to" f**k off

Aye, aye, we get that....but do you wear Y-fronts?

Aye, aye, we get that....but do you wear Y-fronts?

SG will gladly phone fans at home to discuss St Mirren related underwear issues. Personally I favour Bahoken Briefs... they were the ones I was waiting on. The Thommohawk Boxers were a tad disappointing - no support up front. The Goodwin Y Fronts were a disaster - balls all over the place.

We have some of the least demanding "fans" in the world ,leaving the board home free to do what they want,when they want with a minimum of fuss .

Are you for real?

A large proportion of posters on here can't accept that we should be grateful to stay up every season and have the odd season when we get a cup run.

That's what the board budget for and that's what we get.

I've got no problem with that, sadly I'm in the minority at times.

The Board don't give a toss so don't know why you bothered with an open letter the club deserves everything that's comming and everyone can see what's comming except them.

At times like this it's easy for idiots like you to come on here and make stupid comments like this!!! The current board have invested more time and money in St Mirren than you ever will. To say they don't give a toss is absolute nonsense!!!! You only need to see Stewart Gilmour after the Cup win or when we were promoted to see what the club means to him. You should be embarrassed by your brainless rant!!

What? You can't have been a fan for long my friend. I could reel out a list of names of managers who I consider have been poorer than our current manager - Tommy Bryceland, David Hay, Alex Miller, Wilson Humphries, Tony Fitzpatrick, John Coughlan Jimmy Bone. It depends on what you consider as 'worse' but to state the worse in history requires some evidence to back that up. We are struggling and there is a lot wrong at this time with the team and how it is playing - both for players and management staff. We have no divine right to remain in the SPL and if we end up in the playoffs and lose out then sobeit - someone has to go down in any league. It may be that our players are not good enough to stay in this league or they may prove me and others wrong by giving themselves a kick up the arse and performing to the level we know they can play at. Nothing is resolved yet and Plastics, Killie and Ross Cunty are all bricking it and easily overtaken by one or two good results. The whole thing will be a battle of nerves and we have to play them all yet. Keep the faith but to state that Danny is the worse manager in our history is naive and unsubstantiated.

Bluto,

Call it waffle if you like, I just called it as I see it and if you think that’s waffle then fine – personally I think it is pretty near to how I feel – extremely frustrated!

The Board make the decisions, not you, not I. They are paid to make them (or at least theoretically get a return for making them) but the silence is pretty deafening.

My sense is that they made a decision - and that was to hire DL as a manager. It was made back then: it has not been an utter failure. Their silence is perhaps 'deafening'(?) because their decision is still in situ, the same, unchanged, unrevoked. They are sticking with DL - for whatever reason/s, financial/moral/fitba/bureaucratic/practical... they have made their call.

We went through this weeks ago when there might have been a wee window of time when some Buddies thought 'sacking the manager' was a 'good idea'. That is well gone, now.

What do you want me to say? – “Lennon must go” – if you think that helps I’ll say it – but does it help, it’s been said a thousand times already on this site. – What I do want however is the Board to stand up to something that has been glaringly obvious to many in the stands at St Mirren Park for some time and not hide away from making decisions that might be unpopular or even unsuccessful, but at least they will have tried, where at present they are letting things glide incessantly downwards.

I don't want you to say a thing. I certainly don't want you to join the knickerwetters. Or even saying it every month or so as billyg does :) That has not hastened its happening. As you note, it's been said a thousand times already on this site...

DL is still manager.

Saying we need action, as you did - just as the thousand other times it has been said, does not cause action to occur. It just adds to a torrent of irrelevant fans' chatter, as you're aware.

I suspect DL, SG and other Board members have had chats. Much more meaningful chats than the waffling (no disrespect intended - it's just how all this noise about the manager strikes me) on this peripheral, mostly irrelevant, fans fitba forum.

Them having 'had chats' is not the same as letting things glide.

When it happens it will have happened. Relax. All things must pass. :)

At times like this it's easy for idiots like you to come on here and make stupid comments like this!!! The current board have invested more time and money in St Mirren than you ever will. To say they don't give a toss is absolute nonsense!!!! You only need to see Stewart Gilmour after the Cup win or when we were promoted to see what the club means to him. You should be embarrassed by your brainless rant!!

Shut up you f**king idiot .So if Mr Gilmour and the board cares so much about the club NOW why the f**k are they not doing something about the mess its in right now .

The Vanzy ones were old and tired.

The Campbell ones were untried and too short.

The Cheesy ones were well Cheesy.

The Grainger & Harkins combo was a feckin waste of money.

The Caprice looked better on the model.

Post of the week!

What? You can't have been a fan for long my friend. I could reel out a list of names of managers who I consider have been poorer than our current manager - Tommy Bryceland, David Hay, Alex Miller, Wilson Humphries, Tony Fitzpatrick, John Coughlan Jimmy Bone. It depends on what you consider as 'worse' but to state the worse in history requires some evidence to back that up. We are struggling and there is a lot wrong at this time with the team and how it is playing - both for players and management staff. We have no divine right to remain in the SPL and if we end up in the playoffs and lose out then sobeit - someone has to go down in any league. It may be that our players are not good enough to stay in this league or they may prove me and others wrong by giving themselves a kick up the arse and performing to the level we know they can play at. Nothing is resolved yet and Plastics, Killie and Ross Cunty are all bricking it and easily overtaken by one or two good results. The whole thing will be a battle of nerves and we have to play them all yet. Keep the faith but to state that Danny is the worse manager in our history is naive and unsubstantiated.

35 yrs give or take.Danny Lennon is the worst manager in our history.I just hope the board will never again consider a homeless wino for the managers job