Open Letter To Mr. Stuart Gilmour

What? You can't have been a fan for long my friend. I could reel out a list of names of managers who I consider have been poorer than our current manager - Tommy Bryceland, David Hay, Alex Miller, Wilson Humphries, Tony Fitzpatrick, John Coughlan Jimmy Bone. It depends on what you consider as 'worse' but to state the worse in history requires some evidence to back that up. We are struggling and there is a lot wrong at this time with the team and how it is playing - both for players and management staff. We have no divine right to remain in the SPL and if we end up in the playoffs and lose out then sobeit - someone has to go down in any league. It may be that our players are not good enough to stay in this league or they may prove me and others wrong by giving themselves a kick up the arse and performing to the level we know they can play at. Nothing is resolved yet and Plastics, Killie and Ross Cunty are all bricking it and easily overtaken by one or two good results. The whole thing will be a battle of nerves and we have to play them all yet. Keep the faith but to state that Danny is the worse manager in our history is naive and unsubstantiated.

Alex Miller doesn't belong in that list.

To be fair no one deserves to be in a list beside Davie Hay

He stands out alone

35 yrs give or take.Danny Lennon is the worst manager in our history.I just hope the board will never again consider a homeless wino for the managers job

Quite simply one of the worst comments ever posted on here....Disgraceful and cowardly in the extreme.

IMHO a Ban would be appropriate here Mods.

Guessing ? With the club negotiating a take over with three different parties it seems a take over is only weeks away. That tells me the current board don't have much room for movement regarding long term decisions any new board will want their own man of choice. Short term replacement ? That's not the answer.

Worrying times indeed not just the threat of relegation more importantly the long term future. Who ever puts the money up for the club will want their money back and that can only come from one place. Which will effect player budget and staff employed by the club long term. Just my opinion. Depressing.

Leave Mr Gilmour and Danny alone.

No reason why there shouldn't be " THE STEWART GILMOUR MAIN STAND " at Greenhill Road.

And Danny is a legend, he'll turn it round.

An " open letter " ffs !!!

Gies peace and get behind all of the Club.

You only need to see Stewart Gilmour after the Cup win or when we were promoted to see what the club means to him. You should be embarrassed by your brainless rant!!

Yes, Stuart's always at the forefront when back slapping is the order of the day , or when he wants us to keep Rangers in the top league or when he sells his shares for total profit !

At times like this it's easy for idiots like you to come on here and make stupid comments like this!!! The current board have invested more time and money in St Mirren than you ever will. To say they don't give a toss is absolute nonsense!!!! You only need to see Stewart Gilmour after the Cup win or when we were promoted to see what the club means to him. You should be embarrassed by your brainless rant!!

This may be true, but they are going to leave with a very nice payday, which has been their plan all along. It wasn't long after the stadium sale the decided they had had enough and decided to put the club up for sale!

This may be true, but they are going to leave with a very nice payday, which has been their plan all along. It wasn't long after the stadium sale the decided they had had enough and decided to put the club up for sale!

We were on the verge of shutting down the board dipped into pension funds signed their houses over to the banks poured savings into the club Worked endless hours with stress levels into the red line. All in the name of saving the club we love yet some fans are not happy.

Be honest with yourself here you have a full time job and spend many hours running a club that's about to fold. You dip into your life savings to put them in to the club. Maybe your 10 years from retirement and cash in your pension to put that into the club also. While your at it you sign over your house as capital.

Think of it as putting every bit of cash you have saved along with your house on a fixed odds coupon. Would you do it. Simply put the board gambled everything they had at very high odds.

If you can say yes I would then I can't argue your case.

However if the answer is no what right do you have to say they are walking away with a fat profit ? If you look at how may of the board are selling up then they are not exactly turning into over night millionaires

We were on the verge of shutting down the board dipped into pension funds signed their houses over to the banks poured savings into the club Worked endless hours with stress levels into the red line. All in the name of saving the club we love yet some fans are not happy.

Be honest with yourself here you have a full time job and spend many hours running a club that's about to fold. You dip into your life savings to put them in to the club. Maybe your 10 years from retirement and cash in your pension to put that into the club also. While your at it you sign over your house as capital.

Think of it as putting every bit of cash you have saved along with your house on a fixed odds coupon. Would you do it. Simply put the board gambled everything they had at very high odds.

However if the answer is no what right do you have to say they are walking away with a fat profit ? If you look at how may of the board are selling up then they are not exactly turning into over night millionaires

Agree with this completely, the guys have earned themselves a bit of profit.

35 yrs give or take.Danny Lennon is the worst manager in our history.I just hope the board will never again consider a homeless wino for the managers job

So you were that 'Homeless Wino' that lost out to Danny for the managers job?

You know i can't help feeling you may have transposed your character assessment there and perhaps uncounciously created a 'double dipper' slanderous insult.... what if it was re-arranged to 'Winless Ho..?'

That's all well and good Ian , but they all took back what they were owed when Love St was sold , so what they make now is all profit , and it'll be a tidy sum each , certainly enough to fund SGs numerous cricket safaris for the next 20 years !

Speculate to accumulate I think you call it, and that's what they done, they saw an opportunity and grasped it with both hands, if they were getting back what they put in fair enough, but they will walk away with a whole lot more, that's what sticks in the throat.

Similarly, if Saints get relegated, they may finish higher a few seasons later.

WGS has Scotland playing better football than the previous manager, it has been said. As has DL.

The same benefit MIGHT arise if DL goes and someone else comes in.

WGS could not save the qualification process. A new manager also might not save Saints.

It cost the SFA £40,000 to sack Levein, IIRC...?

I assume all Buddies wanting to sack DL and hire an anonymous 'someone else' will be prepared to dip in their pockets to fund the transition?

Anyway... there's ages before the end of season!

Like I said elsewhere Tuesday night was, by my reckoning, our first sub-3000 attendance in the SP(F)L - maybe the non-ST fans are voting with their feet.

I remember SG saying that Tom Hendrie had the safest job in Scottish football and less than a month later we were involved in the messy business of removing him - you reach a stage where the cost of sacking the manager exceeds the cost of keeping him. Now there are a few unknown variables for the BoD to consider but I reckon we're reaching the stage. Lennon may even be like Wile E. Coyote - just beginning to realize he's a few feet over the edge.

That's all well and good Ian , but they all took back what they were owed when Love St was sold , so what they make now is all profit , and it'll be a tidy sum each , certainly enough to fund SGs numerous cricket safaris for the next 20 years !

Not quite - Camscott, the company which assumed the debt owed to Barr Construction in order to pursue the ground move was paid off but the money the directors used to buy their shareholdings has still to be recovered. Even if/when they sell their shares I doubt whether they will make any/much money compared to what they would have done had they invested it in a commercial venture.

I've been a shareholder since 1996 and in that time none of the Board have taken any money from the club according to the audited financial reports - now I accept you can argue that they've had the kudos & perks associated with being directors of a football club but to repeat myself I'd be surprised if any of them leave the club substantially richer.

Edited by Bud the Baker

As years of their (the Bod's) time, labour and love have been invested in saving a club, that we all purport to love (but mostly can't keep going ourselves for a variety of reasons), I am baffled by the bleating about them making a profit from that.

Don't Paisley Buddies accept a wage for their time and labour? :unsure:

Like I said elsewhere Tuesday night was, by my reckoning, our first sub-3000 attendance in the SP(F)L - maybe the non-ST fans are voting with their feet.

Why non ST fans?

There were plenty of empty ST seats in the area I sit.

Edited by HSS

If you are worried SGG et al are perhaps looking to make a hefty profit from the sale having already recouped their intial investment previously...?

Go ask him..! He'll be only too happy to set you straight regarding where the monies from the ground sale went and who/what benefited from that.

deal in facts... not speculation.

I don't give two hoots if the BoD make a profit while getting out. Fergus McCann did the same at Celtic - leaving them in a good place while walking away with a profit. Celtic were very close to armageddon when he saved them. Our club was close to armageddon when Reg was headed off at the pass.

The BoD making a buck doesn't concern me if they also leave us in a good place. That place is still in the SPFL, avoiding Hearts and The Rangers.

Unfortunately, at present, we seem to be sleepwalking towards a trouser troubling playoff, the manager is hanging on by a thread, many of his signings have been bloody awful, we are without our merchandising provider, and results since the cup final have been largely dreadful.

Not a peep from them. About anything. They really made a right royal cock-up in publically admitting to being finished, tired, out of ideas. They seem to be hell bent on living up to that self-imposed state of affairs. Danny also seems to be finished, tired, out of ideas. The whole place seems to be rudderless and simply praying for a good outcome to this season.

The selling consortium have not received much criticism from the fanbase for ring-fencing the 52% and freezing out some of the larger minor shareholders. They haven't (as far as I can tell) been on the end of 'Gilmour out' or 'sack the board' protests. Criticising our BoD is like kicking a puppy - the 'they saved the club' tank is surely seeing the seemingly never-ending supply of goodwill in it draining away now though.

I hope they leave with a profit, their legacy intact, and the club in a good place in the top flight - just like Fergus the bunnet. The longer things drag on though, without as much as a peep about anything, decreases the chances of them achieving that... IMHO.

That's my understanding as well.

They have been great but i wish this was over and done with so the club can move on.

I feel we are a shambles off the park as on it the now.

Only listen to Poz's rantings all on the button

That's my understanding as well.

They have been great but i wish this was over and done with so the club can move on.

I feel we are a shambles off the park as on it the now.

Only listen to Poz's rantings all on the button

your understanding? as posters have said above don't speculate such nonsense call SG and ask him ! its a matter of fact the BOD haven't made a penny have had to put more money into the club over the years and there is still no guarantee they will get any of it back. They saved the club from extinction (i was there when SG got up and stopped Brierly at the EGM) and have taken it forward. Its no wonder they've had enough with the abuse they receive on here. Shame on you.