Bad Defending

I think that's incredibly harsh on McLean who has been our only real creative spark and source of goals from midfielder. It's beginning to look more and more that Harkins would have offered far more going forward than what McGowan has.

It may be harsh on him more than the others.

How many goals or assist's have those 4 contributed from open play all season. A very low return I'd imagine.

Young or not Kelly was horrendous on Tuesday . Had that been grainger, camara or even dummett they would have been crucified. The fact that he is on of our own doesn't wash.

It's a strange one, he's been pretty horrific all season in my view. Positionally he's all over the shop, and he seems to show the opposition the route to goal rather than away from it. Sadly he's our only left back.

The entire back four really don't help each other, all trying to cover each others mistakes and messing it up further.

It's a strange one, he's been pretty horrific all season in my view. Positionally he's all over the shop, and he seems to show the opposition the route to goal rather than away from it. Sadly he's our only left back.

The entire back four really don't help each other, all trying to cover each others mistakes and messing it up further.

They don't play as an unit not surprising as the 4 of them are centre halfs.

The young ones do too much trying to be the wide men also bombing forward as the midfield is too narrow.

The other night Goodwin was shouting orders as he was warming up behind the goals as there was no talking.

Kelly best performances have been when Grainger was on the pitch with him.

Ok Grainger was rotten but Kelly was performing better.

A good part of your game is talking apart from Goodwin i see very little of that going on recently

Goodwin PROTECTS the back four. No-one else playing there does that. Mclean does not come over to cover gaps when the likes of Kelly bombs forward. He stays in the middle and tries to generate attacks but that is not the primary role of that position.

I dont rate kelly at all even when u see him run he aint an athlete at all.

Playing well above his level.

I think thats very harsh. Its his first season in the SPL, he is a good tackler and good going forward but I would agree his positional sense needs improving. His play isn't helped by a poorly organised defence, which again comes down to communication and proper defensive drills being worked on, which makes me wonder whether they actually do this at training. However, Kelly has recently been capped at Under 21 level, and I definitely think he has the potential to be a good player, but being the only left back at the club has probably put a lot of unfair pressure on him.

Criticising Kelly is really harsh, he's came in the team and done nearly as good a job as Dummet did last year and he's now playing in the premiership. He's got himself capped for Scotland U21s (which is no mean feat when you play with St Mirren) so he is obviously rated by people outside the club as well.

He didn't have a great game on tuesday but to be fair to him he was left completely unprotected because we played 4 central midfielders, I think McGinn was supposed to be playing infront of him but he naturally drifts inside and had a bad game anyway.

We might have the best defensive record of the bottom 5 but the way we concede our goals is laughable.

We don't have a spine to the team when Goodwin isn't playing. McGregor and McAusland aren't solid enough to hold it together without Goodwin.

Love him or hate him we missed him on Tuesday and the last 10mins v United.

Killer passes in the final third are a glaring problem too. Gowser bang out of form and no supply to Thommo.

It's easy to see why we are struggling. Hopefully Teale is ready to be involved more now. Missed him badly

Our back 4 have been poor for most of the season with an odd exception. McGregor sees to escape the flak when Cheesey gets it full on. The boy Kelly continually is found out of position and cannot defend a high ball.

Edited by islaysaint

I dont rate kelly at all even when u see him run he aint an athlete at all.

Playing well above his level.

Couldn't disagree more. He's a fine young player in his first season in the top league. Could go far. Harsh of fans to have a go at the young boys, who have impressed far more often than not.

Kelly has been exposed far too much this season. Mainly because he hasn't had a natural left midfielder ahead of him.

Kelly, Naismith and Mcginn have had excellent seasons. Can't be too harsh on the youngsters, especially as this is their first season in the first team and it's McGinn's first full season in the first team.

Kelly has been exposed far too much this season. Mainly because he hasn't had a natural left midfielder ahead of him.

Kelly, Naismith and Mcginn have had excellent seasons. Can't be too harsh on the youngsters, especially as this is their first season in the first team and it's McGinn's first full season in the first team.

The Kelly situation is summed up by the behaviour of the utter f**kwit sitting at the edge of W1. One second he's shouting at Kelly to get forward and offer an option, the next he's hollering at him to get back and Cheesy to get across. It's lunacy expecting all three to happen, but it's how Danny sets us up. I'm not saying Danny is a f**kwit, but his expectations are no better than Mr Angry's.

Naismith has been the same, up and down like a race horse with no support. A non-caring Newton or Magennis ahead, yet it's Naismith's fault for trying to create.

Even McGinn, mostly excellent and his issues are mostly due to trying too much.

At last someone who sees the problem. I haven't been overly impressed with him but I think he might get better. At min he is too slow for me and is often caught out. Naismith is a better attacker than he is defender

Criticising Kelly is really harsh, he's came in the team and done nearly as good a job as Dummet did last year and he's now playing in the premiership. He's got himself capped for Scotland U21s (which is no mean feat when you play with St Mirren) so he is obviously rated by people outside the club as well.

He didn't have a great game on tuesday but to be fair to him he was left completely unprotected because we played 4 central midfielders, I think McGinn was supposed to be playing infront of him but he naturally drifts inside and had a bad game anyway.

Your joking right. Honest to god I actually can't believe you think he is a good player. He's slow as a week in the jail Paul was not. Dummett signed a new deal at Newcastle recently. Must be an bog standard player to get that .