Playoffs Will Be Brilliant - Can't Wait

I am a diehard Saints fan but have struggled to motivate myself to go to many games over the last few years mainly because when I do its total turd. The games I have enjoyed are obviously the glory hunting cup runs but also the nail biting excitement and big crowd atmosphere/tension of the relegation deciders. Whilst perhaps a financially precarious situation I would quite look forward to the playoffs. Even if we go down I also think Title/promotion deciders against Rangers and Hearts will be far more exciting than Ross County away.

So keep Danny Lennon and lets get to the playoffs ! I can't see any real downside !

I am a diehard Saints fan but have struggled to motivate myself to go to many games over the last few years mainly because when I do its total turd. The games I have enjoyed are obviously the glory hunting cup runs but also the nail biting excitement and big crowd atmosphere/tension of the relegation deciders. Whilst perhaps a financially precarious situation I would quite look forward to the playoffs. Even if we go down I also think Title/promotion deciders against Rangers and Hearts will be far more exciting than Ross County away.

So keep Danny Lennon and lets get to the playoffs ! I can't see any real downside !

Zoomer!!!

The only thing I would agree with is that if we DO finish 11th, the two-leg playoff games will be like Falkirk away or the Motherwell 2-3 game. They will be exciting, nail biting, and especially in the away game, our supporters will be magnificent. Guaranteed.

However... I want to be watching Ross C, Partick or Killie fans shitting their drawers while we look forward to holidays and the World Cup. Oh, and thinking about the sale of the club, the manager's position, getting merchandising sorted, getting rid of some duffers and hopefully signing players and not injecting the loanee drug all night long.

there is no guarantee whatsoever that we'd be involved in title/promotion deciders if we ener down. We'd lose all our best players and more than likely be around mid table in a strong championship

The play-offs are designed to favour the team from the top division with them playing the first leg away from home - even though it's a Wednesday night I reckon our end would be jumping should it come to pass.

Wednesday 21 May, 2014

Premiership play-off final, 1st leg
2nd or 3rd or 4th in Championship v 11th in Premiership

Sunday 25 May, 2014

Premiership play-off final, 2nd leg
11th in Premiership v 2nd or 3rd or 4th in Championship

what a refreshing post

just like the good old days

when fans only focus was the excitement of the game, any game, without thinking about all the financial implications and the what if survival scenarios, when you would be hoping you would draw a big club in the cup with the opportunity of turning them over rather than today's environment of hoping for a lower league team to improve chances of progression into the next round and a possible tv appearance.

we are all now so clued up and influenced by the propaganda of the businessmen, club owners and financially motivated UEFA that over the years we have started to think like them as well where every match played is only rated on the long term financial implications.

It's the same reason that cup competitions in every country are being deliberately devalued and that more and more focus is on the leagues. because it reduces the chances of an upset to the larger businesses income and profit. ie the wee team getting some cash the big team wanted !

yes, with the influence of the financial implications and future status of the club on my mind, or perhaps just me being under the influence on the day, the playoffs will be exiting, isn't that what we all want, more meaningful games

bring it on

A diehard fan who doesn't go to the games........

Play-off matches would be sphincter-shredding.

I reckon the away matches post-split are the time to really get behind the team with a view to avoiding being in the play-offs at all. The home games will be typically insipid affairs, but all the chat about the Motherwell Great Escape, and that magnificant day at Grangemouth has got me thinking that the away matches could be more than decent occasions (albeit we'd rather not be in this position at all).

I have a real fear that, if left to the wire - ie: the play-offs - some of our current squad of players could either freeze or lose the plot and get themselves sent off. I want to be able to relax and sit with a smug look on my face when another of our rivals face the dread of the play-off. I'm getting on a bit, and worry that my ol' ticker wouldn't withstand it!

I can't believe some folk are excited about taking part in the play offs, if we are drop down into the championship it will be an absolute disaster for our club.

What a load of tosh

I have suppported the saints for nigh on 50 years, seen them relegated at least 3 times and have heard all the prophecies of doom

All these decades later, saints are still here, i am still here and life has been mostly fantastic regardless of what division the saints are in

Play-off matches would be sphincter-shredding.

I reckon the away matches post-split are the time to really get behind the team with a view to avoiding being in the play-offs at all. The home games will be typically insipid affairs, but all the chat about the Motherwell Great Escape, and that magnificant day at Grangemouth has got me thinking that the away matches could be more than decent occasions (albeit we'd rather not be in this position at all).

I have a real fear that, if left to the wire - ie: the play-offs - some of our current squad of players could either freeze or lose the plot and get themselves sent off. I want to be able to relax and sit with a smug look on my face when another of our rivals face the dread of the play-off. I'm getting on a bit, and worry that my ol' ticker wouldn't withstand it!

To add to the sphincter theme-how many of the loanees will have gone home and will any of our playing staff have left at the end of contracts before then?