St Mirren V Motherwell.. 5/4/14

Lex

I'll offer you a bet - if we move off 11th spot this weekend I'll not post on this site again if we're still there you don't.

I've told you before, I'll tell you again. Listen to your Lex. You're lucky I like your posts and didn't want you to stop posting ;)

magic, absolutely magic....what a turn around. Was working on the tractor, one minute thinking that at least we had made up 2 goals on Thistle the BOOM.....I was tooting the tractor horn to the coos and myself like a crazy crazy man....felt an instant lump coming to my throat and near a wee tear.

Well done Saints. That is what it is all about

BBC report "But just after that St Mirren Park erupted. A loose ball in the box found the feet of Thompson and the big striker was at an acute angle but somehow his shot found the net, and the noise inside the stadium was deafening." Would have been great to be there

BOOM!

Fantastic result. Made all the more enjoyable by McCall whining about the penalty award. GIRFUY!

I thought their first was from an OS position, but who cares now. Makes no difference and we have a massive morale boosting result. The momentum has swung towards Saints.

McLean was superb today, and Naismith had a great game too. We weren't wonderful, but didn't throw in the towel. I worried about bottle and the graft of this squad, but they have gone some way to reassuring us that they are up for this now.

Enjoy your night Buds. Best I have felt about the fitba since the cup win. Funny old game, right enough.

On this seasons performances I cant see us turning it round. Can you?

Will be delighted if I am wrong.

f**kin love being wrong! Nobody saw that coming.

Increfible comeback. Fantastic fight and spirit today against a good side. Have to build on this in the next 5 games. Going to enjoy this result buy not getting carried away.

Going to enjoy my 16 hour nightshift tonight with a Killie fan and a Thistle fan!

First 30 mins 2,0 down must admit I thought we were dead and buried, Even tho we created a few good chances from set pieces from McLeans superb crossing, But the effort in the 2nd half was fantastic, We kept going forward and this time we got the breaks, Motherwell had three chances on goal and scored two, McLean, McGinn, Goodwin and Tommo for his goals were top men, Motherwell were complaining about the pen from were I was we couldn't see it, But about time we got a break from Refs after the Dundee Utd debacle. Great three points, But we have to keep up the effort levels we saw today COYs.

f**kin love being wrong! Nobody saw that coming.

Increfible comeback. Fantastic fight and spirit today against a good side. Have to build on this in the next 5 games. Going to enjoy this result buy not getting carried away.

Going to enjoy my 16 hour nightshift tonight with a Killie fan and a Thistle fan!

Actually I did see that coming :P check my pre- match and pre- half time posts :P

Magic ! Hope the nightshirt feels better for that result :)

3-2. My favourite St.Mirren score over the past year and a bit.

Where has that fight been? More of the same please Saints.

3 points from 7th all the Danny critics...sack the manager indeed.

That aside that has to be one of the best atmospheres at our new home, at least the last quarter. Up there with the Scottish Cup win against Celtic and Christmas Eve win against Rangers. Great to see everyone get behind the team and getting the reward today.

Come on you Saints!

ETA: Well done everyone, my point is not to be decisive, simply let's leave the judgements for the end of the season and let's all get behind the team, management and club until then.

Edited by Bart Simpson

You will not be happy until we're relegated. We could be 5 behind going into the split easy. Thistle will beat hearts and county who are the form team will be well fancied to beat Inverness at home. Our sorry excuse of a season will need drastic improvement and can we raise our game and win a league game for only the ninth time in 1 year and two weeks since we won the cup. ?

Aye, you're right enough. 1eye.gif

I`ve not been Wyldes biggest fan , bit of a one trick pony i thought but today his display made all the difference. He was a constant threat & well were forced to put two & sometimes three on him when he got the ball. Couple that with some excellent crosses.

He's definitely a confidence player, and some fanny in the main stand was giving him stick, but he was excellent when he came on. It's nice having a player who wants to be direct, it might not always come off but it's going to create.

McGinn was rather poor, but really upped his game in the last 20 minutes or so.

Also how good is Kenny McLean. I can't believe people used to actively boo him. We're really going to miss him when he leaves.