St Mirren V Motherwell.. 5/4/14

Lex

Amazing! What a turnaround, totally out of the blue but as the Romans say carpe diem, first time we've come from behind ooolala-sign.gif to win this season. Going into the post-split fixtures in a far better state off mind.

Noticed none of Lennon's 2014 signings started the match today - I'd sack him for that alone.

Aye, optimism rules. thumbup2.gif

Amazing! What a turnaround, totally out of the blue but as the Romans say carpe diem, first time we've come from behind ooolala-sign.gif to win this season. Going into the post-split fixtures in a far better state off mind.

Noticed none of Lennon's 2014 signings started the match today - I'd sack him for that alone.

So after coming from behind, scoring 2 goals in the last 5 minutes to turn defeat into victory and moving out of 11th place and a mere 3 points off 7th place we introduce a new reason to sack the manager, no January window signings in the starting XI so cheerio?!

I thought the January signings of Campbell, Wylde, Magennis were all about giving us more attacking options, whether or not they start a game. With a midfield that has McGowan, McGinn, McLean and the club captain I think there was always a probability that if we were going to start with 1 striker that Campbell and Magennis would be used as impact subs in a striking role and utility midfielders.

Djembe Djembe was no doubt signed to provide more cover for the defence and also to give us another holding midfield option if Goodwin was injured or suspended and was a gamble in terms of his match fitness.

Why don't we just enjoy climbing the table and see where we finish before making up new reasons to sack a manager? We might still record our highest league position or points total in the SPL this season, in which case sacking the manager responsible might seem harsh. You never know, perhaps we will hit form and win a few games back to back at just the right time in the season. Suddenly the great recent form of Partick Thistle and Ross County has taken them to either being behind us or level on points with us.

ETA: Newton re-signed in January and was in the starting XI, so DL's is safe under the all new BtB crieria this week.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Have to agree with Dibbles. It's amazing how quickly things can change. 3 points off Hibs as it stands. We could theoretically end up 7th.

Let's just ignore all the sack the manager talk till the end of the season. It's not going to happen until then anyway, so why bother?

Just home, picked up a box of coors light from asda on route. Fantastic come back, McLean and Naismith were tremendous but my man of the match goes to Wylde, he changed the game, he was immense when he came on, give us the width that we were lacking, he was beating 2 and 3 guys at a time, he was a man on a mission, great result.

Josh Magennis is utter garbage though.

Have to agree with Dibbles. It's amazing how quickly things can change. 3 points off Hibs as it stands. We could theoretically end up 7th.

Let's just ignore all the sack the manager talk till the end of the season. It's not going to happen until then anyway, so why bother?

Agreed. It's waaaaaay too intense for bothering with all that shite.

Any one of FIVE teams could end up in the playoffs.

This is what football is about.

Thankfully it looks like our players have decided to give it a go so now we can maybe start to enjoy the run in.

Every game needs to be won and every player and fan needs to be focussed on that fact.

As Marvin used to say - "Let's get it on".

That was some game, still buzzing!!!! Even at 2 down I wasn't too despondent. Granted, we we defending like coos but we were at least creating chances - McGregor and Goodwin especially - which was night and day from the St Johnstone game. I thought at the start of the second half we were really piling on the pressure but just couldnt score. And then just when you think all our momentum is gone we pull out 2 goals in a minute to win it. Not sure my heart can take another 5 matches like that :)

No mention of the Motherwell No.2's very clear head butt on Greg Wylde, right in front of the Motherwell bench.

Not a squaring up. A clear, bona fide head butt.

He was retaliating for Wylde making a cry baby, fingers to lips gesture to another Motherwell player who couldn't handle losing.

Motherwell enjoy the moral high ground, so I've no doubt that they'll confess to the compliance officer on the player's behalf.

I expect the whole episode to end with a two game ban for pantomime villain Jim Goodwin, who wasn't on the park at the time.

He is driving home......then he will be too pished to type :thumbs2

Yep, at least he makes the effort to go to the games and pays the money so is entitled to his opinion, thankfully he stayed and watched an amazing comeback.. ( not a dig at you bud)! Wee prick text me till it was 2-1 but never heard from him again so thought the worst, got in from work and read through match report and hey ho we feckin won, nice ...

No mention of the Motherwell No.2's very clear head butt on Greg Wylde, right in front of the Motherwell bench.

Not a squaring up. A clear, bona fide head butt.

He was retaliating for Wylde making a cry baby, fingers to lips gesture to another Motherwell player who couldn't handle losing.

Motherwell enjoy the moral high ground, so I've no doubt that they'll confess to the compliance officer on the player's behalf.

I expect the whole episode to end with a two game ban for pantomime villain Jim Goodwin, who wasn't on the park at the time.

Think it was Vigurs.

Wylde did the initial winding up in front of us. It was pretty effective and amusing.

Didn't see the "afters" further up the pitch though.

I'm sure Mr.Lunny will pick it up though.whistling.gif

That was a massive improvement in attitude from the players, now give us 5 more performances like that second half. Oh and the Dons beating Hibs on Monday night would make for a very interesting bottom 6, I wonder if Butcher regrets moving from Inversneck.

The new ground has been calling out for a game like that. Hopefully this will see us finally kick on. As I said before this is what we are and this is what we are capable of. We are staying up - no danger this was a dagger to the heart of the rest of the bottom 6. SMTID to all Buds tonight.

Fell back in love with StMirren today.........

We were an utter shambles, we were low, then Gowser going , well I started to get the FEAR, then we got lucky , then we came out and we then tried like phuck and IMO we all f elt something was growing today as that match went on.

Mucho applause to DL , changed the game and Teale's presence lifts us and scares opponents.

Attitude became really good, we got a reward today instead of the kick in the haw maws of late. For it to be Thommo , well , that just tops it !

Also loved the bitterness felt by Motherwell players at the end .........girfuy. That' s more like it !! ........ Lol