St Mirren V Motherwell.. 5/4/14

Lex

This will hopefully be the match that sparks a turnaround just as the semi win against Celtic dis last year. There is absolutely no doubt that the pendulum has swung in pur favour. The players should be buzzing as we all are, so I expect to see them kicking on now.

Massive day today.

Very satisfactory, very satisfactory indeed.

Incredible game of football. Thommos goal before half time was vital. Changed the mood of the stadium and we all believed.

Wylde was outstanding when he came on and even though he isn't to peoples taste Magennis caused Motherwell problems.

Goodwin and McLean grabbed the game by the balls and McGinn didn't stop putting himself about.

Amazing the difference 45 minutes can make. We were staring at the play offs now we may have a shot at 7th

Don't think I've celebrated a goal as much at SMP, since we beat the oldco on xmas eve

a couple years ago, I completely lost it, but it felt fcuking magical...

thought young Kenny was superb, I've never seen him cross the ball as well as he did today,

but the whole team deserve praise for their attitude after gifting motherwell 2 of the softest

goals you'll ever see, the heads would normally have gone down, but they fought like maniacs

out there today and got what they deserved, WELL DONE LADS....

To the guys in the family stand row m &n ,row 90 somethin .

PLEASE get behind ALL of the team. Stop singling out Cheesy for every little slip, you were silent when goody lost possesion two , three, four times , you kept quiet when Darren slipped up (again) & left us exposed , you chose to ignore young sean getting caught out of position for the umpteenth time ....... but woe betide cheesy if he hesitates or makes the wrong choice. YOU GAVE HIM UNJUSTIFIED HELL!!

You guys should put your petty vendettas behind you & start supporting the WHOLE team. It wa frankly embarassing at times today, you even shouted at him when Dilo gave Naismith a bad pass ?!?

Fantastic result and second half performance. Yes we did get the rub of the green, but we deserved it. Agreed with Danny that we should not have been 2 down, Motherwell were clinical. The goals we lost highlighted how important Kello is to us. McLean was MOM with MCGinn not far behind, a special mention too for Marc MacAusland. More of the same please against Hibs, Ross Co, Killie, Partick and Hearts. Have a good night Danny.

What a day. Brilliant.

Other than the gifted goals, Motherwell carved us open quite a few times without really threatening the keeper.

Based on the 2nd half performance we probably deserved the 3 points. We had several clear chances, especially in the first 20 mins of 2nd half.

Players showed they're up for the fight, and the subs today showed that the senior players aren't picking the team. That must be the biggest load of shite I've heard in years.

Danny called the shots and got the changes spot on and at the right times.

Even switching Wylde and Teale for a few minutes after he got himself involved with the right back. It was clear, Danny called the shots and the players responded to his instructions.

Can't wait for the games after the split, I'm sure we'll win more than we'll lose and Thistle will enjoy the play offs.

Good to be a buddie :)

Edited by davidg

The team and management deserve all the praise that will come their way today.

I was worried when it went 2-0 that the atmosphere in the stadium would turn poisonous but from where i was it was the opposite. Great reaction from the fans and we got our reward for that.

Team that finished, except Goodwin in for Magennis is our best lineup IMO on current form. Mcgowan and Newton should be getting a rest for the next few weeks IMO.

PLEASE get behind ALL of the team. Stop singling out Cheesy for every little slip, you were silent when goody lost possesion two , three, four times , you kept quiet when Darren slipped up (again) & left us exposed , you chose to ignore young sean getting caught out of position for the umpteenth time ....... but woe betide cheesy if he hesitates or makes the wrong choice. YOU GAVE HIM UNJUSTIFIED HELL!!

You guys should put your petty vendettas behind you & start supporting the WHOLE team. It wa frankly embarassing at times today, you even shouted at him when Dilo gave Naismith a bad pass ?!?

You should take pictures of these cunts and expose them to the public.. That's what puts me off the football, fine , berate the players but it should be opposition ones, not the team you support.. At least their wife's aren't gettin a beating when they are at the football!,

You should take pictures of these cunts and expose them to the public.. That's what puts me off the football, fine , berate the players but it should be opposition ones, not the team you support.. At least their wife's aren't gettin a beating when they are at the football!,

Whisper it. one of them had his missus sitting beside him !! rolleyes.gif

I was sitting in row O in the south stand and a couple of guys around me were giving cheesy pelters for f**k all, it was brutal, he hadn't even done anything wrong to be honest, he's an easy target.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wonder how many we lose because of this sort of "supporter" against the argument we're losing fans because of losing games?

He's definitely a confidence player, and some fanny in the main stand was giving him stick, but he was excellent when he came on. It's nice having a player who wants to be direct, it might not always come off but it's going to create.

McGinn was rather poor, but really upped his game in the last 20 minutes or so.

Also how good is Kenny McLean. I can't believe people used to actively boo him. We're really going to miss him when he leaves.

there was a chump in the west stand shouting direct abuse at Kenny today which he definitely heard as he turned round at the same point,embarrassing.

there was a chump in the west stand shouting direct abuse at Kenny today which he definitely heard as he turned round at the same point,embarrassing.

Kenny was tremendous today, he bossed the game today I thought, made Vigurs look shite. There is something really sexy about the way McLean Strikes a football, he pings a ball like Ronaldo does.

McLean has filled out well, he's built like a tank these days, on current form and potential I would have him in my team over McGowan every day of the week, I feel McGowan slows a lot of our good play down, you seen the difference when he went off today and Wylde was driving at players taking on a couple of players at a time, the tempo of the game picked up when McGowan went off.

Think I'll move from the family stand next year, it's f**king depressing.

It will cost me £100 more for 2 adults and 2 kids but I think I'll move bank to the main stand.

It was quite f**king depressing being in the Main Stand after about half an hour today.

It got better though..................................clap.gif