St Mirren V Motherwell.. 5/4/14

Lex

I think Naismith is shaping up to become a big player for us. There is bound to be a clearout this summer, Naismith is one we could build a new team around.

He's certainly one of the most disciplined players in the team. Seems to know his role really well. Can get up and down the park quickly, strong, and can score a goal.

Poor line up in my opinion, Campbell, Wylde and Teale all on the bench. The team he has out today hasn't worked all season.

DL obviously isnae as good a manager as you could be.

Though there are other tubes who give up too soon. :)

From not Paisley.

Even before Lex did.

It certainly couldn't be going any worse really. Both our rivals winning, us losing and Gowser injured and we haven't even played 30 minutes. Even Morton are winning!

Goals knocked the stuffing out us. We look nervous and edgy, the fans are nervous and edgy. Long way back from here.

Things... Can only get ...

Not a tube just... Worried..

0-2

That, may be game over.

But in your heart of hearts you seem more positive than others... Good Buddie. :)

It pays off.

Edited by bluto

Great comeback today, hats off to the Thommohawk for doing what he has done countless times before and delivering the goods. As others have said I thought Kenneth McLean was different class - the knobends on Sportscene have been bigging up Vigurs and Ainsworth of late but McLean was the best player on the pitch by some way. I wonder if they'll talk him up?

Still, we're not out of the woods yet, but we've found a compass and someone has told us what direction to walk in...

You should take pictures of these cunts and expose them to the public.. That's what puts me off the football, fine , berate the players but it should be opposition ones, not the team you support.. At least their wife's aren't gettin a beating when they are at the football!,

The only thing I don't like about my seat at the new stadium is that I've been sitting next to a guy who seems to support whoever we are playing every game.

Saints are always crap.

Management is always crap.

Refs giving dodgy decisions against us are always right.

For me, the whole point in being a supporter is that you support the team. If part of that is giving the benefit of the doubt to St Mirren, so be it.

I'd far rather be like that than someone who seems to revel in every Saints setback.

Maybe he's actually Elvis?

Enjoyed that. Massive 3 points. 2 goals down and to come back and win 3-2 so late in the game will do wonders for everybody at the club. It's game on now.

Doesn't mean we won't finish 11th but it's going to be some end to the season for everyone in the bottom 6. Love it! Hearts will also play their part. How they would love to help Hibs finish 11th.

Bring on the Hibs in 2 weeks time!

He is onside McGinn cut the ball back and the Well defender played it to him, the defender McGinn turned may have played him on as well but is out of the picture

Aye, and no Well player seemed to appeal for it.

Great stuff from Saints today. I think pound for pound Thomo is one of the best players St Mirren have signed.........ever ! His goals today were so important and I think it was appropriate he scored them.

I think Partick and Kilmarnock will have been looking at that game today, probably thinking that Motherwell would win it. It will be a blow to them to see us come through and take the points. I just hope Saints can put together a wee run between now and the end of the season. Nice one Thomo

Great stuff from Saints today. I think pound for pound Thomo is one of the best players St Mirren have signed.........ever ! His goals today were so important and I think it was appropriate he scored them.

I think Partick and Kilmarnock will have been looking at that game today, probably thinking that Motherwell would win it. It will be a blow to them to see us come through and take the points. I just hope Saints can put together a wee run between now and the end of the season. Nice one Thomo

Totally agree with your second paragraph.

You did type some words in the first paragraph that you didn't need though. These ones.. "... pound for pound".

Did Magennis get booked for launching the ball somewhere in the general direction of Love St after the third went in?

That win was just as sweet if not better than the cup final. Certainly not celebrated a goal like that since the 3-2 Fir Park game. Total elation.

Having watched the penalty again to say we may be a wee touch lucky is an understatement, but first instinct was a penalty. Was it against Motherwell that we were awarded a penalty only for Craig Thomson to change his mind and give a free kick earlier in the season?

Great comeback today, hats off to the Thommohawk for doing what he has done countless times before and delivering the goods. As others have said I thought Kenneth McLean was different class - the knobends on Sportscene have been bigging up Vigurs and Ainsworth of late but McLean was the best player on the pitch by some way. I wonder if they'll talk him up?

Still, we're not out of the woods yet, but we've found a compass and someone has told us what direction to walk in...

It wisnae Bluto wis it?

Just for some post elation balance, Newton was rank rotten today...........

again I thought the lad put in a power of work and was unfairly targeted by the boo boys.

Second half... until he came off... he was the outstanding player on the pitch.

First half he covered a lot of ground and helped out in a defensive cover role.

Didn't always work for him... but he never hid.

Why the need to decry the efforts of our young players on a night when we should be celebrating?

bangin.gif

Sitting in the family stand in a fit of rage a guy behind me proclaimed "he's the worst player I've ever seen play for us!"

Must have been a St Mirren fan for about 15 minutes for that to make any sense whatsoever!

Fair enough he didn't have the best of games but he's a talented boy and always bursts a gut and gives his all.

He is onside McGinn cut the ball back and the Well defender played it to him, the defender McGinn turned may have played him on as well but is out of the picture

Absolutely spot on, He was onside as the last Saints player to touch before Tommo was McGinn who cut it back, So he could not be offside

Edited by santaponsasaint