St Mirren V Motherwell.. 5/4/14

Lex

Yesterdays result evens up the disaster of the Dundee United game/day. ( I said before this game this weekend could well be this very thing)

The Dundee United game was almost the game that cemented our position in the play off place while yesterday doesn't get us out of this potential nervy situation it evens up ALL the negatives from that day in Dundee.

It doesn't erase the previous poor performances, it doesn't remove Lennon & the players from letting the support down but it gives us a real chance to stay in the to league.

As has been said, (See Drews post) it's too late for all the "remove Lennon" bollox, we are what we are and are capable of getting results to survive.

I'm well aware there is blind optimism and equally blind pessimism but yesterday shows ,if not proves, we have enough, including the current manager and players, to survive.

We could end up in our equal best finish (Yes, that's my prediction) and regroup for next season with whatever changes may take place.

Motherwell seem to have a few players out including McFadden so it's a good chance to get something here which means we will probably blow it, it really is a must win game as we could be going into the split 5 behind Partick and 6 behind County which would make it game over for us I'm afraid, I'm that confident Partick and County will win that I'm going to stick money on it, we MUST take something from this game.

... or we could be going into the split 1 ahead of Partick and level with County?

I offered you a £100 charity bet months ago in an attempt to call your bluff and get you to cut out the negative, speculative nonsense you post. You crapped yourself...

The offer still stands Mr "Confident"

Well, well. What d'ye know? smile.png

GIRFUY

This is a shambles here, no shape, no plan or f**k all, I'm offf at half time, seen enough of this.

smile.png

I

Great post

BkehwR4CYAArvS3.jpg

cloud9.gif:heart:loveyou:wub:love-sign.gif

Edited to add: How happy does the old bloke in the front row look? What a fantastic day.

... and some great breakdancing from the Wylde guy!

The first Well goal, a MILE offside

Has not been mentioned, but it was also great to hear that we relegated Hearts.

ETA: Added to a wee win in the Grand National, a great night oot at The Bungalow and The Rangers getting humped, it's been a great weekend.

Edited by Vambo57

Couldn't make the game, gutted I missed it.

I was watching Sky Sports news on sky go on my phone when we scored the equaliser and was celebrating so much I must have missed the 3rd come up a minute later. I was delighted with the draw until my Rangers supporting mate casually informed me we had won, he assumed I knew because I was so happy!

I actually said to someone at 2-0 it would be worth sticking us on too win since we had a good record of comebacks against Motherwell.. wonder what odds I would have got for that.

Yesterdays result evens up the disaster of the Dundee United game/day. ( I said before this game this weekend could well be this very thing)

The Dundee United game was almost the game that cemented our position in the play off place while yesterday doesn't get us out of this potential nervy situation it evens up ALL the negatives from that day in Dundee.

It doesn't erase the previous poor performances, it doesn't remove Lennon & the players from letting the support down but it gives us a real chance to stay in the to league.

As has been said, (See Drews post) it's too late for all the "remove Lennon" bollox, we are what we are and are capable of getting results to survive.

I'm well aware there is blind optimism and equally blind pessimism but yesterday shows ,if not proves, we have enough, including the current manager and players, to survive.

We could end up in our equal best finish (Yes, that's my prediction) and regroup for next season with whatever changes may take place.

Cheer up and support your team ya miserable baisturd. We will still finish 7th.bangin.gif

Edited by jpg123

Why aiming so low? We are 3 points behind 7th, if we finish there it would be our highest finish in the top flight for over 25 years. I see no reason why we can't finish there. We have the momentum and favourable post split fixtures.

the usual comic cuts on the BBC last night, what on earth werethey doing splicing the siants match with partick's? that simply did not work. they were 30 hours behind the story and everybody knew the outcome, so why the lame attempt at cranking the tension?

And thenthere was the focus on the penalty award, ignoring the offside first goal of th game-they didnt even scrutinise it.

that presenter is a clueless, patronising wee shit

Hope that hibs go down with hearts and rangers going into liquidation-that will sort that mob out

the usual comic cuts on the BBC last night, what on earth werethey doing splicing the siants match with partick's? that simply did not work. they were 30 hours behind the story and everybody knew the outcome, so why the lame attempt at cranking the tension?

It works well on MOTD with its multi million pound budget when they link the relegation deciders all together in a timeline type of thing and it does look good

Last night on sportscene it just looked half-arsed.

And then there was the focus on the penalty award, ignoring the offside first goal of th game-they didnt even scrutinise it.

that presenter is a clueless, patronising wee shit

Hope that hibs go down with hearts and rangers going into liquidation-that will sort that mob out

They probably didn't focus on the offside first goal because no Motherwell players were offside. One thump up the park caught our defenders flat in a line looking at one another while Ainsworth and Anier strode on. I am pretty sure that Vigors was in an offside position across at the main stand side corner flag when he was involved in the build-up to their second goal (before they got 5 or 6 breaks of the ball).

Why aiming so low? We are 3 points behind 7th, if we finish there it would be our highest finish in the top flight for over 25 years. I see no reason why we can't finish there. We have the momentum and favourable post split fixtures.

I'm well aware 7th would be our best ever but lets keep things in perspective, we are still in a very precarious position, it would only take a loss with other results going against us and we're back in the play off place.

Saturdays result was out of the blue, not sure the last time we beat them at home albeit many results seem to have been close affairs.

We are now playing the other "shite" teams so it really could be any one of us who ends up 11th, and a lot of luck/bad luck will come into play.

Anyone got an idea what the bookies are saying about who will end up in the play off place?

Came up from Durham for the St Johnstone game, not too clever and again for saturday with my boy travelling down from Aberdeen for the same, fantastic result!! Even got a text after our third from my lass asking if we'd snatched a victory from the jaws of defeat!! Only answer...hell yes!! More of the same for the next 5 please (without going behind first!!)

I'm well aware 7th would be our best ever but lets keep things in perspective, we are still in a very precarious position, it would only take a loss with other results going against us and we're back in the play off place.

Saturdays result was out of the blue, not sure the last time we beat them at home albeit many results seem to have been close affairs.

We are now playing the other "shite" teams so it really could be any one of us who ends up 11th, and a lot of luck/bad luck will come into play.

Anyone got an idea what the bookies are saying about who will end up in the play off place?

Erm we beat them 2-1 at home last season, in the Friday night match just before Xmas.

Reported : Boo Boy , Knicker wetter . whistling.gif

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Fair enough I'll give you that one however the biggest hinderance to our staying in the top flight remains Lennon & his selections/tactics.

In your opinion.

Realty is, IMO, a lot more to it than that but no need to start the talking in circles again, what's done is done, the next 5 games are all that matters.

RIGHT. Whos hacked this cnuts account?

Erm, please read that I said I wasn't sure, not that we'd NEVER beaten them.

Thanks for that.

I know what you said but I'd have thought someone who has to have their opinion heard on all things Saints would be able to remember a significant victory over a good team that happened less than 18 months ago. It's not as if there have been many.

Edited by bingboy