St Mirren V Motherwell.. 5/4/14

Lex

Season 2012/13

Gary Teale - Games Started 23

Used Sub 7

Assists 8 (Joint 6th in most assists all season)

St Mirren scored 38 league goals in those games. So Teale assisted in over 20% of our goals.

Then there is the cup run.

Scored against Ayr

Scored in the shootout at Aberdeen.

Involved in the opener against Celtic

Wins the penalty.

Gives the ball to Cheesy to cross the third.

Lifts us off the canvas in the final.

Flatter's to deceive you say...

jiFfM.jpg

Impressive stats from last season although he's still not scored for us in the SPL but that was then, this is now.................

I'm not denying Teale's got talent but over three years I've seen him have more poor games than good one's - like the bulk of our players he flatters to deceive we don't have anything like a top six squad with or without Teale. He had a poor first season and that came from the man himself, a good second one (which I freely admit) but my recollection is that his best spell came when Isma arrived and we had pace on both flanks - maybe we should play him and Wylde on opposing wings.

Now to this season - he's been part of our disastrous start, was M.I.A. for our one good spell and has recently returned for a few cameo appearances - the last one I saw against the Fakes he barely touched the ball and now on the back of 10 seconds from a highlights package he appears to be hot stuff again, that's the sort of logic that gets you Stéphane Bahoken.

It really is a sign of how bad this season has been that so many posters are fixating on a 35-y-o who hasn't played an entire 90 minute in 6 months. Spacing out your argument and having a big JPEG doesn't make Teale's contribution to the club this season any greater!

Impressive stats from last season although he's still not scored for us in the SPL but that was then, this is now.................

I'm not denying Teale's got talent but over three years I've seen him have more poor games than good one's - like the bulk of our players he flatters to deceive we don't have anything like a top six squad with or without Teale. He had a poor first season and that came from the man himself, a good second one (which I freely admit) but my recollection is that his best spell came when Isma arrived and we had pace on both flanks - maybe we should play him and Wylde on opposing wings.

Now to this season - he's been part of our disastrous start, was M.I.A. for our one good spell and has recently returned for a few cameo appearances - the last one I saw against the Fakes he barely touched the ball and now on the back of 10 seconds from a highlights package he appears to be hot stuff again, that's the sort of logic that gets you Stéphane Bahoken.

It really is a sign of how bad this season has been that so many posters are fixating on a 35-y-o who hasn't played an entire 90 minute in 6 months. Spacing out your argument and having a big JPEG doesn't make Teale's contribution to the club this season any greater!

The guy has been injured all season pretty much, how is he supposed to have a contribution this season? He's fit now, let's use him.

The guy has been injured all season pretty much, how is he supposed to have a contribution this season? He's fit now, let's use him.

More poor games than good. One good season in three.

You can dance about this if you want but I don't remember him having much impact this season when he has been fit prior to Saturday's wundermove. I remain of the opinion that over his spell with us he's flattered to deceive. I've got no objection to us playing Teale, perhaps he'll be able to change my opinion by hitting top form between now and the end of the season, that would genuinely please me, but it won't change my view that so far he's been more miss than hit.

His current state of fitness in regard to being able to perform at his best for 90 minutes is open to question.

More poor games than good. One good season in three.

You can dance about this if you want but I don't remember him having much impact this season when he has been fit prior to Saturday's wundermove. I remain of the opinion that over his spell with us he's flattered to deceive. I've got no objection to us playing Teale, perhaps he'll be able to change my opinion by hitting top form between now and the end of the season, that would genuinely please me, but it won't change my view that so far he's been more miss than hit.

His current state of fitness in regard to being able to perform at his best for 90 minutes is open to question.

Do you not agree though, he is a better option than everyone else we have tried in that position since he has been injured? Newton had a couple of excellent games but faded away. Think we have tried McGowan,Campbell and Magennis there but none have been as effective. Even just giving us the natural balance in the team.

He can flatter to deceive sometimes, his first season was a write off but I thought last season he was incredible for us.

Do you not agree though, he is a better option than everyone else we have tried in that position since he has been injured? Newton had a couple of excellent games but faded away. Think we have tried McGowan,Campbell and Magennis there but none have been as effective. Even just giving us the natural balance in the team.

He can flatter to deceive sometimes, his first season was a write off but I thought last season he was incredible for us.

Depending on his fitness Teale may well be our best option wide right. Like I said earlier in the thread if fully fit it'd be worth starting him and Wylde on either wing replacing Campbell from the starting line-up against ICT.

lol.gif

In the past the team going into the post split fixtures in 12th place was almost always relegated especially if there was a points gap bigger than the 3 for a 1 game margin. The two relegation battles I really remember are 2001 against Dundee Utd. and 2012 against Dunfermline - in both seasons the bottom team was unable to bridge a 4 point gap despite winning the ultimately not so crucial H2H game. The only time a gap of this size was bridged successfully IIRC when Livingston overtook Dundee in 2004/05.

TsuMirren's analysis seems more realistic to me, at some point optimism becomes self-delusion - we have now entered the must win stage of the season.

COYS!

Just shows you...........................

Just need Teale to score a hat trick tomorrow and you'll be covered in egg. whistling.gif

Bloody hell, an away manager talking us up for once.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26796957

Thought only Gus (the master) and Danny bigged up teams they were about to face.

We will win this now.

1-0 Saints tomorrow.

thumbup2.gif

Bugger, now 1-1 Ross C v ICT as I type.

Stuart McCall always talks us up, I'm sure he would quite like to have 1 or 2 of our players, he's done a fantastic job at Motherwell, would be interesting to see what he could do with our squad of players.

Here is another take on it

get DL to put the last 6 fixtures up on the board

4 at home 2 away

gee the boys up and say 6 cup finals to go

P.S. as a ST.MIRREN fan...why be so confident about other teams winning

keep the faith wee man

Dif is we are not playing hertz 6 times.

Feeling pretty positive about tomorrow. A narrow but vital home win will do wonders for everyone connected with our club and I think we might just get it.

Everyone has to turn up and put in a shift unlike the last home game. Need some big performances and will be looking for Goodwin, Thomohawk and McGowan to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make positive things happen for the buddies.

Possible line up:

Dilo

Naismith McGregor Mcausland Kelly

Teale Goodwin McGowan Mclean McGinn

Thompson

2.1 to St Mirren.

Ps not the end of the world if we lose but we won't. ;-)

There is only one problem with the team above, our defense.

Young, inexperienced goalie and fullbacks with two at best iffy centre backs. Midfield onwards we could be top six, back four is Championship stuff and has been for years.

Why has it never been addressed?

Edited by Gordon Urquhart

I'm really really surprised how confident people appear to be, considering we're playing a team who are challenging for 2nd.

I really want us to win, but I honestly can't see our team somehow turning up tomorrow considering how they've failed to do so for most of the season. I hope I'm having to eat my words tomorrow but this is only going to be an away win.