Old Paisley Nightclubs

saintstu

It is sad that some of Paisley's old listed buildings ,became night-clubs and then mysteriously , burnt down . One , can only presume that , an empty night club is a dangerous fire hazard. .

Indeed, that one near The Loundsdale spontaneously combusted one night as well.

Must be made of stuff that burns, say like, petrol?

Cue Ball -> Videoplex -> Talk of The Town

Fantastic place. Leisure club downstairs, snooker hall with about 20 tables & a couple of snooker rooms which you could hire for the evening, great for a guys night out, & the Videoplex with its wall of Tellys showing Music Videos from the latest popular beat combos !

Ah , Memories. thumbup2.gif

There used to be a Glasgow businessman who was born on a Mediterranean island. He done good and bought some properties. Apparently he was awfy unlucky with accidental fires. Luckily he always had insurance. He became quite wealthy. Think he might have even owned a hotel. damned if I can remember his name.

Fantastic place. Leisure club downstairs, snooker hall with about 20 tables & a couple of snooker rooms which you could hire for the evening, great for a guys night out, & the Videoplex with its wall of Tellys showing Music Videos from the latest popular beat combos !

Ah , Memories. thumbup2.gif

Aye, Steve Davis came for a question night, was superb.

Dispelled the "boring" image there and then.

went to talk of the town once for a friends 21st - 4 of us were pals thru school but started drifting as we got older - this night out showed it up Talk of the Town her oot her nut dancing like something possessed and us 3 standing there going omg this place is awful!!

Cotton Club - good wee night - used to see a few Saints players there - they were all happy to chat away Macca on the other hand couldn't take his eyes off my pals boobs haha

The Cotton Club was it's name I think. thumbup2.gif

Was called "The Institute" in its latter years.

Won Scottish nightclub of the year in the mid-nineties during that particular incarnation.

They used to bus people in from all over the Glasgow area.

Had some fun evenings in there.

Aye, Steve Davis came for a question night, was superb.

Dispelled the "boring" image there and then.

I met Steve Davis at the opening of the Davis Club in the North end of town.

I met another well kent player in the cue ball tho...

I was off school ill and in the cue ball as part of my recovery programme whistling.gif when who should stagger in but a rather inebriated Alex Hurricane Higgins! Got him to autograph my cue too... even if it was a bit hard to read!

I met Steve Davis at the opening of the Davis Club in the North end of town.

I met another well kent player in the cue ball tho...

I was off school ill and in the cue ball as part of my recovery programme whistling.gif when who should stagger in but a rather inebriated Alex Hurricane Higgins! Got him to autograph my cue too... even if it was a bit hard to read!

Willie Thorn played an challenge match against Eddie Sinclair, Scottish professional but pretty rubbish, at the Cue Ball.

Thorn won the first couple of frames, almost had one of his famous 147's and was looking like he couldn't miss a ball.

Sinclair then produced one of THE best potting exhibitions I've ever seen, won 6-2.

A few week slater he was playing Kirk Stevens n the World Championship, he was 10/1.

I'm having some of that I said, he got beat 10-1, was lucky to get one, bottled it in front of the cameras.

B'strd.

Was called "The Institute" in its latter years.

Won Scottish nightclub of the year in the mid-nineties during that particular incarnation.

They used to bus people in from all over the Glasgow area.

Had some fun evenings in there.

The Institute was in Bridge St.Also called The Garage and Network in it's lifetime.

There used to be a Glasgow businessman who was born on a Mediterranean island. He done good and bought some properties. Apparently he was awfy unlucky with accidental fires. Luckily he always had insurance. He became quite wealthy. Think he might have even owned a hotel. damned if I can remember his name.

Must be related to that other local businessman who had a popular pub/wine bar at the bottom of New Street, who during an apparent downturn in trade attempted to convert one half of said premises into a pizza restaurant, fitting it out and even renaming it 'Dante's'..... Hmmm...Dante's, what happened next ? Oh aye....

Ironically , I suspect that you heard that from a friend who , heard it from a friend etc. . , it was in much more recent years that I found out that said , Speedwagon was the name of a fire engine. . FFS. .

mQQTzTB.gif

Talk Of The Town.

Snooker Club and Night Club.

Mysteriously burnt down.

It's now Millstream Court.

Cowped a few hairy arsed hingoots in there, rich pickings of paisleys dirty cows in this dive. laugh.png

I was steamboats outside there one night and did a piss up against the hedge, right in front

of a meatwagon full of polis, 50 quid fine up ma hole. laugh.png