Old Paisley Nightclubs

saintstu

When I was 14-15, I sold the evening times in pubs (well before the internet) all over Paisley. However Cookie Monster is maybe a wee bit older than me? so has a depth of knowledge around pubs I can only aspire too. 
Hmmm. I don’t know about that. He is a year younger than me IIRC. I thought you were ancient.
If you're in your early 40's then you'd be correct. [emoji6]

On 10/31/2020 at 3:40 AM, God of war said:

A lot of pubs gone now. Never liked "the wee barrel" always thought it was a dump. "Wee Howf" best pub in Paisley. Liked "Pillars' years ago and "Carnaiges" will never be beaten...

Happier times

Game at the Racecourse, last 20 mins at Love St

Then head in Carnaiges for the Happy Hour which lasted a few hours

Swing band then Karoke and the Saints players would come in

Big Basher and wee Jose listening where they went wrong that afternoon

2 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Happier times

Game at the Racecourse, last 20 mins at Love St

Then head in Carnaiges for the Happy Hour which lasted a few hours

Swing band then Karoke and the Saints players would come in

Big Basher and wee Jose listening where they went wrong that afternoon

Yip..magic times...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 7:49 PM, billyg said:

Was it Mary Ann , or similar ? I knew them well , Owen , the late Alan Erskine and me hung about together for a while , even went on holiday. Eamonn was head of Airfield Ops at Stansted Airport until he sadly took his own life. 

Owen's old boy , Big Tony , who owned the Alamo,  passed away during the past week !

• 4 months later...
14 hours ago, Stevie said:

Anybody remember a boozer with a wee dance floor called Censors ? I think it was next to or near Watson's.. This was about 1986...

Names familiar, remember Watsons.  If memory  serves me right, I recall another pub with small dance floor in Forbes Place, I think it was called Zoes, beside river, on corner 2044829205_forbesplace.thumb.jpg.fb853243c5019b86a410ace1294597e2.jpg 

Remember watsons although it was a no no according to my mate as his mum and her fella drank in there haha. Used to start off at station bar, then workers, the finlay's for the sangria jugs( ok until you started getting stuck into the fruit😉) then eventually ending up in carnegies

1 hour ago, pod said:

Names familiar, remember Watsons.  If memory  serves me right, I recall another pub with small dance floor in Forbes Place, I think it was called Zoes, beside river, on corner 2044829205_forbesplace.thumb.jpg.fb853243c5019b86a410ace1294597e2.jpg 

Was that not Cannes??

4 minutes ago, pod said:

You could very well be right.   Problem now is, was there every a Zoes, or was that in my travels. 🤔

I don't remember a Zoe's but in fairness there are some mornings I can't remember my own name!! 

5 hours ago, HSS said:

Backchat was round there too.

Backchat was next door Cannes.

If you exited Cannes and went right, the entrance to Backchat was up a rather steep set of stairs. It took a lot of concentration to get up them whilst pished under the gaze of the bouncers. Any stumbles and you were out on your arse.

4 minutes ago, Slash said:

Paisley during the 80s probably had the most pubs and clubs per head of population in the UK. 😂 

It was feckin mad. Good times! 🍺 💃 

Used to be a great place for Friday/Saturday night pub crawl, didn't have to stagger far.  

4 minutes ago, pod said:

Used to be a great place for Friday/Saturday night pub crawl, didn't have to stagger far.  

Shuttles used to be open til 2am every night of the week except Sunday 🥺

Backchat was next door Cannes.
If you exited Cannes and went right, the entrance to Backchat was up a rather steep set of stairs. It took a lot of concentration to get up them whilst pished under the gaze of the bouncers. Any stumbles and you were out on your arse.

Didn't Backchat have two levels?

Our memories might be affected due to the alcohol intake. [emoji37]