Old Paisley Nightclubs

saintstu

18 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Remember watsons although it was a no no according to my mate as his mum and her fella drank in there haha. Used to start off at station bar, then workers, the finlay's for the sangria jugs( ok until you started getting stuck into the fruit😉) then eventually ending up in carnegies

Corkers not workers🙂

12 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Didn't Backchat have two levels?

Our memories might be affected due to the alcohol intake. emoji37.png

Most likely!

I was referring to the "dancing" bit., where I used to strut my stuff extremely badly.

It was referred to as "Backstab" for a while after a wee bout of knife violence broke out.

I remember dancing with a young lady and this guy kept scowling at me. He came up and told me I was getting a kicking for dancing with his "bird". He f**ked off for a drink and the girl told me that he was delusional and that he was stalking her. He came back over, and pished as I was, I threw caution to the wind and I told him to fuck off. Fortunately he shat it and violence was avoided.:lol:

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Most likely!

I was referring to the "dancing" bit., where I used to strut my stuff extremely badly.

It was referred to as "Backstab" for a while after a wee bout of knife violence broke out.

I remember dancing with a young lady and this guy kept scowling at me. He came up and told me I was getting a kicking for dancing with his "bird". He f**ked off for a drink and the girl told me that he was delusional and that he was stalking her. He came back over, and pished as I was, I threw caution to the wind and I told him to fuck off. Fortunately he shat it and violence was avoided.:lol:

Oaky has never been the same since. 😂

On 4/22/2021 at 10:15 PM, Slash said:

Paisley during the 80s probably had the most pubs and clubs per head of population in the UK. 😂 

It was feckin mad. Good times! 🍺 💃 

Aye it was. Every one packed solid as well. I turned 18 in '84, and us at that age were spoilt for choice. It's hard to imagine these days that there where that many pubs, bars and nightclubs. 

Glasgow? Who needed it ?

On 4/22/2021 at 2:27 PM, pod said:

Names familiar, remember Watsons.  If memory  serves me right, I recall another pub with small dance floor in Forbes Place, I think it was called Zoes, beside river, on corner 2044829205_forbesplace.thumb.jpg.fb853243c5019b86a410ace1294597e2.jpg 

Yes , Zoe's ! Before the days of cctv thankfully. I could tell a few horror stories about that place !

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Yes , Zoe's ! Before the days of cctv thankfully. I could tell a few horror stories about that place !

Was there a short lived bar further along the riverside past the corner shown in the photo? Or has my  spatial awareness regarding buildings in Forbes Place completely deserted me?