Old Paisley Nightclubs

saintstu

Good memories reading through this.
I remember a bar in Forbes place, I believe it was called Canne, first bar as I remember to serve a pint in the vase style glass.
Another from the 80’s was under the bridge at Gilmore street station, I can picture it but can’t recall the name.
Paisley Park (think it was called the Turf before and after Paisley Park) was another mid 80’s venue.

1 hour ago, Russian Saint said:

I remember a bar in Forbes place, I believe it was called Canne, first bar as I remember to serve a pint in the vase style glass.
Another from the 80’s was under the bridge at Gilmore street station, I can picture it but can’t recall the name.
Paisley Park (think it was called the Turf before and after Paisley Park) was another mid 80’s venue.

I mentioned Cannes earlier in the thread. Great place.

Lots of bean bags.

The night club Backchat was just along from it. A double trial getting in there. Getting past the bouncers and then the long climb up the stairs when you were blootered. The merest of stumbles and you were out on your arse.:lol:

Paisley Park was where we stopped off between Corkers and The Garage and/or Make for the border round the corner in Bridge Street. A lot of pink neon lights compared to either of its spells as The Turf.:rolleyes:

Not sure about the one under the bridge next to the station. It was Hamishes's Hoose at one point, but I think that was later than the 80's.

Edited by FTOF

The picture above of Talk of the town reminded me of a similar style mansion which was at the end of Murray street (50 yards from the stadium) which was used as a nightclub back in the 80s , can’t remember its name? Think it also burned down, poor fire retardant material back then 😙

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The picture above of Talk of the town reminded me of a similar style mansion which was at the end of Murray street (50 yards from the stadium) which was used as a nightclub back in the 80s , can’t remember its name? Think it also burned down, poor fire retardant material back then 😙

Think it was The New Fergus, played a few games of pool in there. 

Looks like if it had a pool table I knew about it. :lol:

1 hour ago, Russian Saint said:

This is really annoying me!! I have been in this place several times and can’t remember it’s name. It was just two doors down from the Argyle bar heading to the station, I think it’s a restaurant now. At the time it was where the Goths went as the music wasn’t the usual mainstream pish. It had two levels and was mostly painted black. I hope someone remembers it. The cathouse keeps coming to mind but note sure 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

40 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

There's also a building of a similar style in New Sneddon Street, almost parallel with the Old Ground. It think it's the Scotia hotel now, but I'm sure it was a pub/club in the late 80's/early nineties.

21 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Thanks I can sleep the night now. The clubhouse played decent music. I used to frequent Mr Boston’s in shuttle street and Watson’s in Forbes place. God I can’t wait until the pubs open again. 

Was Watson's where the hairdressers is in Forbes place now?

If it was then we used to go there too. One of the better places at the time.

Yes Watson’s was across from the stmirren shop on the corner. It had two levels. Bar down stairs and small lounge upstairs.

The Scotia hotel is opposite the prolife, it had a small bar back in the mid- 90s , I went in a couple of times before games when we played at love street. 

The Clubhouse was a brilliant place,the only nightclub I’ve been in that sold skins behind the bar.We went most weekends and I can’t remember seeing any trouble.The music was brilliant and the place was bouncing.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I mentioned Cannes earlier in the thread. Great place.

Lots of bean bags.

The night club Backchat was just along from it. A double trial getting in there. Getting past the bouncers and then the long climb up the stairs when you were blootered. The merest of stumbles and you were out on your arse.:lol:

Paisley Park was where we stopped off between Corkers and The Garage and/or Make for the border round the corner in Bridge Street. A lot of pink neon lights compared to either of its spells as The Turf.:rolleyes:

Not sure about the one under the bridge next to the station. It was Hamishes's Hoose at one point, but I think that was later than the 80's.

Hamishes Hoose was called the Handy Bar around 40 years ago. 

Tudor used to close at 10 on a Mon dart night so we then used to go to the Handy for the last hr.

Old woman who run it was always complaining about us only going to her pub since it was open later than others in the area  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hamishes Hoose was called the Handy Bar around 40 years ago. 

Tudor used to close at 10 on a Mon dart night so we then used to go to the Handy for the last hr.

Old woman who run it was always complaining about us only going to her pub since it was open later than others in the area  :lol:

I know all these pubs because I used to sell the evening times in them when I was a boy. The Elbow room and ring of bells were good business 👍🏻

13 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The clubhouse was by far the most chilled place at the time. There was also a nightclub/bar next to Halfords ? Think it’s a nursery now. 

14 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The clubhouse was by far the most chilled place at the time. There was also a nightclub/bar next to Halfords ? Think it’s a nursery now. 

Your right about the bar in Abercorn St now a nursery but bugger if i can remember the name of it. 

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Your right about the bar in Abercorn St now a nursery but bugger if i can remember the name of it. 

The Waverley then Chesters.It gets mentioned in this thread.

2 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

This is really annoying me!! I have been in this place several times and can’t remember it’s name. It was just two doors down from the Argyle bar heading to the station, I think it’s a restaurant now. At the time it was where the Goths went as the music wasn’t the usual mainstream pish. It had two levels and was mostly painted black. I hope someone remembers it. The cathouse keeps coming to mind but note sure 

Was it not Stewart's Bar?

9 hours ago, HSS said:

The Waverley then Chesters.It gets mentioned in this thread.

Might have known you would know   :lol:

It was the Waverley when we used to go in. 

Ask the mate late night and it is now driving him nuts since he cant remember.

Think i will let him suffer a few days before i tell him   :rolleyes:

Prior to being The Clubhouse, that unit was an Indian restaurant called the Shirin Mahal.
I was in there with a forum member, to spare his blushes lets call him Bud the B...no, that's too obvious, B the Baker...anyway after a few ales we had a curry but my companion was pished and, quite skilfully it has to be said, vomited his curry back onto his plate.
Soon after the waiter came over, looked at the full plate and said "are you not hungry?"