Supporters Trust Secure New Coaching Software For Smfc Youth Academy

Tennant's Lager

From SMiSA.net cool2.gif

SMiSA, The St.Mirren Supporters Trust have for over twelve years championed the Youth Development programme at St Mirren. We work closely with the Academy so we can understand where and when we can best assist with our support.

At our recent presentation of members funds to purchase essential equipment for the Academy we were shown a demonstration of a software package the coaches were keen to adopt. Sports Session Planner is a program used by some of the top sports clubs across the planet and we are delighted to inform that The St Mirren Supporters Trust have invested members' subscriptions reserved for youth development spending by way of purchasing this for the Academy. In very simple terms this will allow coaches more time to coach and spend less time at a desk, but the benefits of this are far greater and we will be following and tracking the use of this, and reporting back on the benefits of this investment.

There can be no argument that our continuous support of developing of young Saints players is justified. Our first team has a healthy percentage of graduates from the Academy and to coincide with our latest donation for Sports Session Planner, we believe it proper to highlight that our future stars in stripes will grace St.Mirren Park on Sunday 13th April to battle with Rangers in the Scottish FA Youth Cup Semi-Final.

Season tickets are valid for the game, and gate prices are minimal for others so it would be fantastic for a big turn out of the Saints fans for this one. Come along and support the young buddies and hopefully in seasons to come when this crop of talent have progressed into the first team and are climbing the steps at Hampden to collect winners medals you can recall the 13th April 2014.

Come on you Saints!

£800 for a bit of software that does the same thing as a tactics board or a pen and paper.

I guess fools and their money are really easily parted. rolleyes.gif

You are usually a resonable chap, its obviously much more than you say ,its used by international and premier league clubs so it must have a high reputation, its not just traonging sessions, it is also to do with individual players performances.

If Liverpool put on one of their training sessions we also get access to it.

Anything that gives as an addition edge is welcolmed

Well done SMISA

www.sportssessionsplanner.com

Guest TPAFKATS

You are usually a resonable chap, its obviously much more than you say ,its used by international and premier league clubs so it must have a high reputation, its not just traonging sessions, it is also to do with individual players performances.

Well done SMISA

just so long as sunderland don't put their sessions on

Well done SMISA

You only get it if Liverpool share it, and I'd imagine that clubs who are willing to share drills and sessions already do so with the plethora of available video clips on You Tube.

For me Waldorf it looks like a nice piece of software, but the cost is way too high for what it is, and it absolutely would not free coaches from their desks as the website claims - instead it will tie them to desks as they work their way through the various session plans and drills trying to build their session. And even then it isn't that efficient as a session that can look OK in graphic form, or on paper may look totally different in practice when you'll notice things like players left standing around idle for too long.

To pay £800 for a licence and then to have to pay a further £35 per year per coach is just too much, especially when you know that many coaches simply will not get any value from it at all.

For me you can't beat getting out there and seeing what drills clubs are doing. Sitting in the cafe at Ravenscraig I can overlook sessions from a number of teams across a number of age groups and a wide range of abilities and I can get a good over view of what is working and what isn't. To do that might cost me for a couple of latte's but it wouldn't take me long to have a number of drills that could be copied, or modified to suit my team. The same is true of the internet where a bit of research will show you drill ideas that others use and share, and there's coaching books and magazines that cost a fraction of what this software does, and it doesn't time out at the end of a year either.

I'd agree with Slash. SMiSA do a great job raising money and there's no doubt that putting it into youth development is sensible, but I do think they come across as naive in terms of achieving their aims or getting value for the money they are spending.

You only get it if Liverpool share it, and I'd imagine that clubs who are willing to share drills and sessions already do so with the plethora of available video clips on You Tube.

For me Waldorf it looks like a nice piece of software, but the cost is way too high for what it is, and it absolutely would not free coaches from their desks as the website claims - instead it will tie them to desks as they work their way through the various session plans and drills trying to build their session. And even then it isn't that efficient as a session that can look OK in graphic form, or on paper may look totally different in practice when you'll notice things like players left standing around idle for too long.

To pay £800 for a licence and then to have to pay a further £35 per year per coach is just too much, especially when you know that many coaches simply will not get any value from it at all.

For me you can't beat getting out there and seeing what drills clubs are doing. Sitting in the cafe at Ravenscraig I can overlook sessions from a number of teams across a number of age groups and a wide range of abilities and I can get a good over view of what is working and what isn't. To do that might cost me for a couple of latte's but it wouldn't take me long to have a number of drills that could be copied, or modified to suit my team. The same is true of the internet where a bit of research will show you drill ideas that others use and share, and there's coaching books and magazines that cost a fraction of what this software does, and it doesn't time out at the end of a year either.

I'd agree with Slash. SMiSA do a great job raising money and there's no doubt that putting it into youth development is sensible, but I do think they come across as naive in terms of achieving their aims or getting value for the money they are spending.

As licensing and ongoing annual S & M goes those costs are dirt cheap. Corporate supported software costs can frequently be ten times these figures. Those costs are peanuts by comparison.

As licensing and ongoing annual S & M goes those costs are dirt cheap. Corporate supported software costs can frequently be ten times these figures. Those costs are peanuts by comparison.

Is it cheaper than what St Mirren coaches were using previously? Is this software really going to make coaching sessions better? Is it really going to unleash coaches from their desks and allow them to spend more time on the training pitch as the website claims? How do other clubs at all levels of the game - clubs like Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona - survive without using this software? Why would anyone need this software when you Tube is packed full of videos of training drills that have been produced by some of the games top coaches and whilst there is a plethora of cheap training books and manuals on the market?

Can anyone honestly envisage the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Matt Busby or Bill Shankley sitting down at his desk to create pretty wee graphics with arrows all over the park rather than being out on the training pitch and showing their players what they want done?

it's yet another extravagant waste of money from SMiSA.