Supporters Direct Scotland - National Football Survey

Tennant's Lager

Just posted on smisa.net:

(From Supporters Direct Scotland):

SDSNationalSurvey.jpg
The Supporters Direct Scotland National Football Survey, in association with the Scottish FA, is the second national football survey carried out, the first being conducted twelve months ago by the Scottish FA.

The survey seeks to bring a greater understanding of supporters’ perceptions of football's role within Scottish society, the match day experience, governance of the game as well as grassroots and youth development, among other topics.

Football fans can access the survey here. The survey launched yesterday and will close on Friday the 25th of April.

Paul Goodwin, Head of Supporters Direct Scotland said "Supporters are critical to the game in Scotland and will be increasingly so in the future. It's essential they are engaged in debates and discussions about the future of the game through surveys on key topics here. They are the lifeblood of the game and any changes to the game should have their best interests in mind".

Stewart Regan, Chief Executive of the Scottish FA, said: “The National Football Survey is essential in canvassing the thoughts of football fans in Scotland, regardless of the level of the game they are involved in. This survey poses a range of questions which we're seeking feedback and their views on for the benefit of the game.

“Last year’s survey gave the fans’ perspective on league reconstruction and already you can see the benefits of such areas as the pyramid and play-offs, both of which received the overwhelming support of the game’s fans.
Remember, we're always looking for your views and opinions on the game's most pressing issues and there's numerous ways you can get involved. Please visit the Fans Parliament page on our website or contact us directly to see how you can get involved and give your views.

Supporters Direct only exist to tick boxes for the government so it can say it,s "listening to/onside" with football fans. They have the reverse Midas touch (everything they touch turns to shite) whenever they get involved with a club in trouble. They actually achieve hee-haw but claim everything was down to them as they ambulance chase any club they see as vulnerable.

here,s an idea?

The ridiculous amount the government pays to fund them should be divvied up between clubs outside the Premiership..... Now that would make a tangible difference to many clubs, but where would the great & the good go to patronise football fans then?

Supporters Direct only exist to tick boxes for the government so it can say it,s "listening to/onside" with football fans. They have the reverse Midas touch (everything they touch turns to shite) whenever they get involved with a club in trouble. They actually achieve hee-haw but claim everything was down to them as they ambulance chase any club they see as vulnerable.

here,s an idea?

The ridiculous amount the government pays to fund them should be divvied up between clubs outside the Premiership..... Now that would make a tangible difference to many clubs, but where would the great & the good go to patronise football fans then?

£70,000 split between 30 clubs? A tangible difference? Seriously?

Supporters Direct for me serves a useful function in facilitating the takeover of clubs by supporters groups. It's about shared knowledge, experiences and access to legal advice all of which is really important IMO. They've obviously had some major successes too, certainly the most obvious ones for me would be at Swansea City, Exeter City and AFC Wimbledon. They've also had a few disasters like the work they did at Stockport County. Where I guess the problem there lies is that whilst SD can facilitate the takeover the fans of the club then have to elect who they want to run the club, and if that person turns out to be useless it can and does end in utter disaster.

In Scotland though I would agree that Supporters Direct appear to be the utterly toothless lap dogs for the Scottish Government and the SFA. The farce over league reconstruction and in particular the last poll that was sent out to all fans - and the length of time it took to publish the results - highlighted for me the fact that they have moved well away from being representative of the supporter to being far more like a suckling pig drinking from the teat of those that run the game in Scotland.

£70,000 split between 30 clubs? A tangible difference? Seriously?

Supporters Direct for me serves a useful function in facilitating the takeover of clubs by supporters groups. It's about shared knowledge, experiences and access to legal advice all of which is really important IMO. They've obviously had some major successes too, certainly the most obvious ones for me would be at Swansea City, Exeter City and AFC Wimbledon. They've also had a few disasters like the work they did at Stockport County. Where I guess the problem there lies is that whilst SD can facilitate the takeover the fans of the club then have to elect who they want to run the club, and if that person turns out to be useless it can and does end in utter disaster.

In Scotland though I would agree that Supporters Direct appear to be the utterly toothless lap dogs for the Scottish Government and the SFA. The farce over league reconstruction and in particular the last poll that was sent out to all fans - and the length of time it took to publish the results - highlighted for me the fact that they have moved well away from being representative of the supporter to being far more like a suckling pig drinking from the teat of those that run the game in Scotland.

£70k??? where do you go for crap info?

http://www.supporters-direct.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Signed-Annual-Report-Accounts-2012.pdf

At least you know they are a bunch of ambulance chasing chancers desperate to get their names down as 'Directors' to impress at the gawff club bar.

Edited by Lord Pityme

£70k??? where do you go for crap info?

http://www.supporters-direct.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Signed-Annual-Report-Accounts-2012.pdf

At least you know they are a bunch of ambulance chasing chancers desperate to get their names down as 'Directors' to impress at the gawff club bar.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2011/10/06095342 - although the article is from 2011 and the accounts appear to show that it's now £135,000. It still wouldn't make much difference to 30 clubs in the lower leagues.