Our Club Banning Motherwells Drum

You'd think going by this place, that some Buddies actually WANT Motherwell fans to create a rousing atmosphere for their players tomorrow.

no, they just want the principle of any fans trying to create an atmosphere to be allowed to do so

why did we bother building a new stadium when we could have used the public library instead

what next, banning singing or banning raised voices at the ground ? oh hang on a minute

Perhaps all those who agree with this decision and are complaining about the noise of a drum would like to enlighten us all as to what level of noise, if any, they consider acceptable, a 5 decibel noisy crisp packets perhaps ? a 2 decibel squeaky shoe ? any farting that can be heard at a range of three feet and you'll be reported to stewards

and previous threads have been debating why the atmosphere at the ground is so poor

pathetic

I prefer to hear loud singing supporting the team, rather than an incessant, monotone banging noise for 90 minutes.

Apologies for having different preferences to you.

You'd think going by this place, that some Buddies actually WANT Motherwell fans to create a rousing atmosphere for their players tomorrow.

When DUFC banned the drum I criticised them... I'm hardly going to defend our own club. The Arabs actually had a better arguement as the drums were near the hospitality area... the away stand at our ground would mean they cause no disturbance.

As for atmosphere... our own fans need some kind of incentive to sing and it hasn't been coming from the pitch! If a drum making them sing led to us trying to drown it out I would rejoice!!!!

Edited by BuddieinEK

I prefer to hear loud singing supporting the team, rather than an incessant, monotone banging noise for 90 minutes.

Apologies for having different preferences to you.

not a problem with you disagreeing, but don't you think virtually every ground needs some sort of improved atmosphere, I would also like to hear loud singing but you don't get that either

you can make noise without a drum, drums at the fitba, for me personally, are annoying - its not the level of noise its just the constant banging it does give me a headache - I HATED going to ibrox cos of it. SIng, shout chant as loud as ye want - brilliant!!!! bang bang bang - naw naw naw

Anyway COYS intae the drumless feckers!!!!!!!!

When DIFC banned the drum I criticised them... I'm hardly going to defend our own club. The Arabs actually had a better arguement as the drums were near the hospitality area... the away stand at our ground would mean they cause no disturbance.

As for atmosphere... our own fans need some kind of incentive to sing and it hasn't been coming from the pitch! If a drum making them sing led to us trying to drown it out I would rejoice!!!!

If you sit near the away end like I do, the noise is brutal unlike hearing it in the family stand. Trust me, if someone started banging a drum in the family stand you would change your mind. Would you go into a quite pub and stand at the bar with some idiot banging away next to you because their is no atmosphere ?

If you sit near the away end like I do, the noise is brutal unlike hearing it in the family stand. Trust me, if someone started banging a drum in the family stand you would change your mind. Would you go into a quite pub and stand at the bar with some idiot banging away next to you because their is no atmosphere ?

I sat next to it at Fir Park and it did my nut in... I was at Firhill twice this season as a neutral and their drummer was equally annoying...

But I see no legitimate reason to ban it. Not liking it is not a valid reason imo.

fair point, but why go to a quiet pub when you can go to a quiet football ground instead

despite the difference of opinions on the drum, at least everyone is agreed on the need for more vocal noise, tomorrow's the ideal time to judge

With one f**king drum that beats the same monotonous note for 90 minutes, I'd love to put my size 10 steel toe capped boots right through the drum.

Get a good drummer with a full drum kit, a great lead guitarist, good bass player and a decent singer and I'll listen to it all day.

If the Well drummer can play like this then I'm all for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_nU_VFvIZs

good news,drumming at football is annoying to me and i also noticed the motherwell drummer using the awful din in an attempt to put players off when taking corners,throw ins and free kicks in our last game at fir park, and as pointed out earlier the drummer is part of the group who set off flares in our previous home game against them,

I sat next to it at Fir Park and it did my nut in... I was at Firhill twice this season as a neutral and their drummer was equally annoying...

But I see no legitimate reason to ban it. Not liking it is not a valid reason imo.

If it annoy most of the home fans, why allow it ? do we not go to games to watch football ? If we had a drummer belting out crap every game, the club would be minus 1 supporter. There is nothing in a guy hitting a drum to the same beat helping the atmosphere at any game, all he is, is an annoying arsehole.

If it annoy most of the home fans, why allow it ? do we not go to games to watch football ? If we had a drummer belting out crap every game, the club would be minus 1 supporter. There is nothing in a guy hitting a drum to the same beat helping the atmosphere at any game, all he is, is an annoying arsehole.

not disagreeing... but legally... what reason is there for refusing entry?

If annoying noise was a valid reason... most of us would have the folks seated next to us banned for life!!!

Alex Duthart.

One of Scotland's finest ever drummers.

http://youtu.be/BR3qXGUl-Xs

I'm sure that's Jim Collins (from Barrhead) standing to his left.

Jim had the ability, and was destined to be greater than Duthart and Kilpatrick, but lacked the self belief, I believe.

Jim was my wee brothers drum teacher, he's a truely gifted drummer and a gentleman.