St Mirren V Hibs 19/4/14

Reading butchers post match comments it looks likely he will try and choke the life out of this game and take a point. By his own admission they can't score, and, Saturday aside, we find goals hard to come by also. If we could get an early goal it might see them crumble as they are low in confidence. A point for us wouldn't be a disaster but this is the time when one win is huge as the teams around us will naturally start hurting each other. It's just a shame it's not this week as hibs are clearly reeling.

I watched the game last night and Hibs were dire, Aberdeen barely got out of 2nd gear and beat them fairly easily. I was flicking between that game and the spurs game but watched the whole second half and don't remember Hibs creating a single geniune opportunity to score.

Great opportunity for us next week.

Amazing how the 'pundits' the so called experts in the press all turn after a single result. We do Motherwell in dramatic late fashion , a game which turned on huge luck, yet now most seem to suggest it will be Ross county or HIbs ffs after last nights watch and that St Mirren have 'enough' yet last week we were phucked, doomed , going to be marooned, ffs

Anyway fwiw, my punditry .........

All season long we have over promised and under delivered with our squad, numerous reasons. Still unbelievably after our dire season , two things for me could still be possible, we could win three games in a row, at which point I will doff my cap to DL and we could still finish 7th ffs. IMO we have enough spark, determination and actual player ability to see us safe and reliably secure.

HIbs consistently have shown they are crap and under the Butcher bounce, well lol , he has shown himself as not a great manager with a bigger club before, I see a trend emerging again. They just have enough already and will not lose another five.

Partick, very vulnerable, all over the pitch, weak and dodgy, pinning their hopes on a loan striker and a former ST Mirren defender. Might scrape it.

Ross co, generally physical , but more average and lacking creativity, rely solely on set pieces, free kicks.

Kilie, another typically poor season , played out in a ghostly stadium set up, horrible , but probably got a crucial goal in Boyd that will be enough.

Fwiw Ross county are my tip for the play offs,however even then , no drama, they will win , cos, at the end of the day, any of the teams in the bottom six are still better than a runner up in the championship.

So, in summary same shit, just a different season, oh and on topic, I believe we will beat Hibs 2-1' so that's it , jinxed now

If we end up winning 3 or 4 of our post split games and finishing 7th, I just hope the board don't see that as a reason to give DL a new contract.

If it happens then fair play to him for starting to win when it matters and what would be our best SPL finish despite a dire season, but I just don't think he is the man to take us forward and we would be back in a relegation battle year after year.

.......,however even then , no drama, they will win , cos, at the end of the day, any of the teams in the bottom six are still better than a runner up in the championship.

Do you really think so? I wouldn't be overly confident about playing Dundee/Hamilton/Falkirk. There have been enough SPFL teams losing to lower league teams this year never mind going into the game without any form or confidence.

9 points from the remaining 15 will see any of the 5 teams safe I think. It's just a question of who gets them.

Edited by stormtrooper

I would start the same team that finished the game against Motherwell, the set up was all wrong that we started with against them, far too compact, hopefully Wylde puts in the same performance again, he was fantastic. If we start with the same tempo that we had in the 2nd half we will be fine.

Reading butchers post match comments it looks likely he will try and choke the life out of this game and take a point. By his own admission they can't score, and, Saturday aside, we find goals hard to come by also. If we could get an early goal it might see them crumble as they are low in confidence. A point for us wouldn't be a disaster but this is the time when one win is huge as the teams around us will naturally start hurting each other. It's just a shame it's not this week as hibs are clearly reeling.

2 versus ICT, United and Killie. 9 goals in 5 games excluding Darkheid. Pretty good actually.

A win would be tremendous but I'd probably take a point now to be honest. County and Thistle are both away from home so will hopefully both lose.

A loss would be pretty disastrous. It's definitely more a must not lose game than must win game.

I'm reserving my prediction until after the Sheep v Hibs game tomorrow night, but I imagine that Butcher will be looking for a point, pack the midfield and defend high up the pitch. If he manages a 0-0 then our game will have an entirely different feel to it, as they'll have stopped the spiral of defeats. I think the Aberdeen will have too much for them and take the points in a scrappy affair. When this happens i'll be back on here Tuesday morning to predict Saints 2-0 Hibs.

Sorry troops, I'm sure you've all been on here waiting for my prediction. I've had to go away with work, so this is a wee bit late.

St Mirren will beat Hibs by two goals to nil.

I believe, as a support, we should start chanting "Attack!.........Attack!......... Attack! Attack! Attack!" Whenever we get possession.

Get your Drift E Mc2 ! Bit like Bluto, Prick, And the wishaw wanderer in attack ? Oh yes We can, Despite the people saying we Cant ? whistling.gif

I believe, as a support, we should start chanting "Attack!.........Attack!......... Attack! Attack! Attack!" Whenever we get possession.

No. Just No. I heard Manure sing that the other day and it sounded lame even for them.

We on the other hand should at least start with the chant " Don't lose posession, Don't lose posession, don't lose don't lose posession"sorcerer.gif

No. Just No. I heard Manure sing that the other day and it sounded lame even for them.

We on the other hand should at least start with the chant " Don't lose posession, Don't lose posession, don't lose don't lose posession"sorcerer.gif

Like it!

Come on Baby don't loose possession. To the tune of Blue Oyster Cult "Don't fear the reaper"

We on the other hand should at least start with the chant " Don't lose posession, Don't lose posession, don't lose don't lose posession":magic

The reason I'm promoting "Attack" is because our defence is a wee bit leaky.

Neither our back line, or indeed the assistant referees, understand the offside rule.