St Mirren V Hibs 19/4/14

It would be great if St Mirren fans actually watched the incident instead of sticking the boot into Goodwin at every unwarranted opportunity. No wonder he is vilified by the officials and the press when our own supporters are no better. It's disgraceful.

I was merely stating my reaction on hearing we had a man sent off and was not surprised it was Goodwin. I was not having a personal go at Goodwin merely expressing my disappointment at potentially letting Hibs back into the game.

It was never a red card anyway.

Great team performance today. Showed grit and determination throughout, and a real desire to win - something we have been lacking this season.

Goodwin shouldn't have gone in for that challenge, but it was never a red card. Let's not let that incident take the shine off of a great team performance.

Onto Friday!

As has been mentioned, McGinn and McLean were outstanding today, but I would like to give a big shout to our centre halfs. They have been a bit shaky at times, but they threw themselves at everything for the cause this afternoon. Great to see.

We cannot ask for any more than what the players are giving us. So good to come away from a game feeling that way.

I am very proud to be a Buddie tonight!

Edited by Drew

Great result today , enjoyed some aspects today and absolutely hated some in equal measure.

Flying and it's all so good, then bam ! Jim Goodwin, oh well, fwiw I am annoyed at Thomson as his reaction as it helped with the easy red being waved. I hate that Cnut Thomson who was dishing out the dirt very early but got no pull for his nastiness. Anyway JIm let himself down as he was reckless. I think we should appeal the red, we'll get it because imo, the anti Goodwin lobbyists really are just an embarrassment now. That was never a red on review.

Anyway, I thought we were pretty professional today, it's back to back wins and afaiac that is a sign of progress. If we do the magic three in a row, well, that's my confirmation that the team are proving the doubters and I would gladly celebrate that as a ST Mirren milestone, three victories on the spin , wow, when did that last happen ?

Anyway, on topic, loving the Hibs seethe, loving the Adams Ross county meltdown , loving the KIllie arse collapse.

It's turning well for us, just bring on the luvvies next Friday. What a great place to go out and celebrate three wins on the spin, the clays West End. Oh the irony..... magic, well done DL, take a pat on the back.

Now, let's uncork another !!!

Great team performance today. Showed grit and determination throughout, and a real desire to win - something we have been lacking this season.

Goodwin shouldn't have gone in for that challenge, but it was never a red card. Let's not let that incident take the shine off of a great team performance.

Onto Friday!

have you seen the challenge on tv ? jim slid in and then thomsons leg appeared in front of him, nothing he could do about it

It would be great if St Mirren fans actually watched the incident instead of sticking the boot into Goodwin at every unwarranted opportunity. No wonder he is vilified by the officials and the press when our own supporters are no better. It's disgraceful.

unfotunately there seems to be an amazing amount of twats on here - who will gladly slate our team and players even though they know they are wrong or have not seen footage that proves they are wrong - me , i slate mcausland because i see footage that proves i'm right

I find it hard to believe we have unearthed and nurtured a talent as good as wee John McGinn. What a sensational talent. He grabbed that game by the scruff of the neck and was MOTM by a mile. He will have a fantastic career. I really hope he doesn't make the move too soon. I'd advise him stay put for the next two years minimum and develop into his game. I hope he doesn't let everything go to his head (no jokes please) like so many before him, but to be honest he just doesn't seem that type of lad. An exceptional young player and I feel lucky to have him.

Kenny McLean put on another quality performance. He was the one putting his boot on the ball and controlling things for long spells. His football brain combined the absolute athlete that is McGinn is a winner. I'm hopeful we can keep Kenny, he really has come into some great form