Laurie Ellis

Hambud

Just like to wish our old left back luck in today's big Ramsdens Cup final.

Come on Raith Rovers!

I was surprised when Laurie was mentioned on the wireless a few weeks back. It seems like decades ago that he played for us. He must be about 58 years old now, eh?

As you say, all the best of luck to the Rovers!

I was surprised when Laurie was mentioned on the wireless a few weeks back. It seems like decades ago that he played for us. He must be about 58 years old now, eh?

As you say, all the best of luck to the Rovers!

he was pretty young when with us. Think he's maybe 33-34 so not ancient. Don't think he plays as much anymore but is involved on the coaching side.

Got to know Laurie when he played for us through a mutual friend, a true gent who had his head screwed on.

he scored twice between 2003-2005. Don't remember and overhead kick though quite possible, I don't remember much from then.

It could've been a pre-season game or something, but I'm sure it happened at some point.

Are you perhaps thinking of Triiggers overhead kick vs Aberdeen at Pittordrie in a cup match in the early 1990's?

Don't think so, as I was born in 1993!