Peaches Geldof Snuffed It Tae

murray street

I understand she was a huge fan of Mickey Rooney, must've taken the news badly.

They've taken it badly over here in Atlanta. A guy in the hotel told me Wee Mickey had died. I was shocked, who will lead Celtic into next season I wondered. Turns out I got the wrong wee Mick.

Hey-ho.

Bobs daughter dead aid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26931337

Hope her sister Jalfrezi Tikka Chasni Saag Aloo Madras Geldof-Hutchence is OK.

& her Naan.

I understand she was a huge fan of Mickey Rooney, must've taken the news badly.

Hilarious guys. A wife a mother a daughter and only 25 and some people want to come on a football forum and kid on they are Frankie Boyle. Pathetic thumbdown.gif

Hilarious guys. A wife a mother a daughter and only 25 and some people want to come on a football forum and kid on they are Frankie Boyle. Pathetic thumbdown.gif

I dont think you will reach these people, too thick to know what real life is and too secure in their own ignorance to know a tragedy when they see one. Will they react in the same way, with a laboured joke and a callous attitude, when tragedy comes to their own doors?

Just looking at the BBC reports lays out a map of a life that was always going to hit some kind of buffer at some time. there are greater tragedies and more widespread suffering, but there is someting truly gutting about what LOOKS like the inevitability of this event.

Edited by beyond our ken

I dont think you will reach these people, too thick to know what real life is and too secure in their own ignorance to know a tragedy when they see one. Will they react in the same way, with a laboured joke and a callous attitude, when tragedy comes to their own doors?

Just looking at the BBC reports lays out a map of a life that was always going to hit some kind of buffer at some time. there are greater tragedies and more widespread suffering, but there is someting truly gutting about what LOOKS like the inevitability of this event.

To be fair, you are running the risk of getting caught up in the usual speculation and celebrity chat that all too often surrounds situations like this. Possibly reading too much into things when it is likely no-one will ever know all the facts. Is that any better than people using a bit of humour to lighten the mood?

Perhaps she simply didn't like Mondays.

Edited by Drew

A good man who lost his wife when she was only 41 has now lost a daughter when she is only 25.

A sister has lost her wee sister and a sister has lost her big sister.

Two wee boys have lost their mum and a young man has lost his wife.

You have to feel for Bob Geldof and his family.

Aye, I really don't give a fcuk about a 25 year old mother dying, all I care about is the opportunity to joke about it in the general nonsense section of a fitba' forum.

FFS. Someone set up an 'easily offended don't even dare to say anything disrespectful a mother/daughter/child/missing Boeing 777 with 239 innocent victims is involved here' section.

Get it sorted Div/MacPherson/Lennon/Goodwin/Mother Teresa of Calcutta.

Aye, I really don't give a fcuk about a 25 year old mother dying, all I care about is the opportunity to joke about it in the general nonsense section of a fitba' forum.

FFS. Someone set up an 'easily offended don't even dare to say anything disrespectful a mother/daughter/child/missing Boeing 777 with 239 innocent victims is involved here' section.

Get it sorted Div/MacPherson/Lennon/Goodwin/Mother Teresa of Calcutta.

I don't think Mother Teresa knows how to start a topic or is indeed a member, but then she's deid tae.

Puzzling how "common decency" is written off because it's a football forum/general nonsense blah blah blah.

As has been mentioned, wonder how some of the above would react to similar shite posted about someone close to them?

A sad and painful time for Geldof in a life that's been smitten by hard knocks.

Tragic.

Puzzling how "common decency" is written off because it's a football forum/general nonsense blah blah blah.

As has been mentioned, wonder how some of the above would react to similar shite posted about someone close to them?

A sad and painful time for Geldof in a life that's been smitten by hard knocks.

Tragic.

I look at it this way....

What is the likelihood of any family member or friend of the deceased dropping in on the Virtual West Bank? Negligible at best, I would have thought. So, in reality, the people who are going to find the more lighthearted posts on this news inappropriate and/or offensive will be other B&WA posters.

Let's be honest, we could all find something posted on here every other day to be offended about if we chose to let the forum communicate with us in that way. This place is a bit of daft distraction, and should remain so, in my view. I learned years ago, that unless any content is a direct, and line-crossing dig at me personally, it is a mistake to take anything on here too seriously.

Edited by Drew

I look at it this way....

What is the likelihood of any family member or friend of the deceased dropping in on the Virtual West Bank? Negligible at best, I would have thought. So, in reality, the people who are going to find the more lighthearted posts on this news inappropriate and/or offensive will be other B&WA posters.

Let's be honest, we could all find something posted on here every other day to be offended about if we chose to let the forum communicate with us in that way. This place is a bit of daft distraction, and should remain so, in my view. I learned years ago, that unless any content is a direct, and line-crossing dig at me personally, it is a mistake to take anything on here too seriously.

To certain extent I agree Drew.

More than unlikely Bob Geldof, or any other family members or friends will dive into this forum.

That still doesn't, IMO, make it a place to joke about someone who has died, especially in this case, so young.

We could throw this about all day, just seems uncalled for IMO.

I am not one for 'celebrity' stuff - I don't care who goes with who, who did what to their hair, who's pregnant etc etc .

My mum died when I was a baby so when I hear of kids losing their mum at a young age I really really feel for them as I know the effect it can have on your life.

I heard on the radio yesterday of 2 mums who died over in Tenerife rescuing their kids form the sea, a third women went to help and her and the kids survived - extremely sad.

Sorry to de-funny the thread, folk are right Bob Geldof isn't likely to pop in and all over the country folk will be making fun of it. Not my style but not going to get all high and mighty about.

My puerile contribution was not intended to offend. Sadly Bob Geldof's life has been punctuated by tragedies and now two young children have been left without their mother. Nonetheless if you look back at most of the "So Farewell Then ...." genre of threads on B&W Army you will find them peppered with puns and attempts at black humour with no offence intended. For some reason, presumably the young age of the deceased, it is offensive this time around. A lesson learned by me, some deaths are ok to throw humour at (maybe old or middle-aged people)and others are not.

My puerile contribution was not intended to offend. Sadly Bob Geldof's life has been punctuated by tragedies and now two young children have been left without their mother. Nonetheless if you look back at most of the "So Farewell Then ...." genre of threads on B&W Army you will find them peppered with puns and attempts at black humour with no offence intended. For some reason, presumably the young age of the deceased, it is offensive this time around. A lesson learned by me, some deaths are ok to throw humour at (maybe old or middle-aged people)and others are not.

On a serious note this issue did occur to me.

If someone who has had a good innings dies, is it ok, and as such and I probably don't feel as bothered.

Wrong? Possibly.

In this instance, I feel it's not necessary (unfunny comments) but really there is little or no difference.

I have not been offended by anything said on this thread (I didn't know her) and aye some of the stuff said on this forum whilst in bad taste (IMO) can be funny.

I was just putting in my tuppence worth why this is sad, when Jade goody died the internet was full of stuff - all I could think about was her kids losing their mum so young - obv this is a big big thing for me.

If people want to crack jokes, that's their choice, as I said its just not for me.

This reminds me of the time a former forum regular nob end accused me of 'not having a sense of humour' when I took offence at his tactless comments the day after the Stockline factory in Maryhill collapsed, killing several people, some of whom known to me personally from my neighbourhood and had been standing next to me in my then local the night before they died.

I was told to "get a life" and to "stay off a f*ckin fitba forum", if I couldn't "take a joke'" etc etc. I could still happily rearrange that fanny's face all day ! bangin.gif

As to the current debate, naw, you probably wouldnae find me poking fun here either, it's all horse for courses though. And no offence taken...

I went to a boomtown rats gig at the apollo in 1978, I was about 40 rows from the stage so I don't think I could say I knew Bob Geldof with any degree of certainty

I met him in person in 2005 by the side of the stage during the Live 8 gig at Murrayfield. He told me to FECK OFF ! I felt honoured... punk.gif