Peaches Geldof Snuffed It Tae

murray street

Type in "so farewell then" to the site search, have a look at the various people who have died & what the contributors to BAWA had to say about each. Its difficult to find one without a joke aimed at or around the deceased, the Ariel Sharon one was particularly interesting.

Some of those who have expressed outrage on this thread were contributors on those other threads & not always in glowing terms about the recently deceased.

Perhaps someone might enlighten me as to the etiquette when posting on "so farewell then" type threads /

Is it ok to slag off the leader of a foreign power but not question the lifestyle or past misdemeanors of a Brit ?

Are old people fair game while younger people should be left alone ?

Do we have to check whether the deceased has any living relatives before we make a comment that some may take exception to ?

Yours Respectfully

Confused.

Type in "so farewell then" to the site search, have a look at the various people who have died & what the contributors to BAWA had to say about each. Its difficult to find one without a joke aimed at or around the deceased, the Ariel Sharon one was particularly interesting.

Some of those who have expressed outrage on this thread were contributors on those other threads & not always in glowing terms about the recently deceased.

Perhaps someone might enlighten me as to the etiquette when posting on "so farewell then" type threads /

Is it ok to slag off the leader of a foreign power but not question the lifestyle or past misdemeanors of a Brit ?

Are old people fair game while younger people should be left alone ?

Do we have to check whether the deceased has any living relatives before we make a comment that some may take exception to ?

Yours Respectfully

Confused.

slag who ye like some folk will like some folk won't as I said I'm not offended nor am I outraged. So just chill oot and don't be upsetting yersel I'm sure it's not the first or last thread that will see someone offended :-)

slag who ye like some folk will like some folk won't as I said I'm not offended nor am I outraged. So just chill oot and don't be upsetting yersel I'm sure it's not the first or last thread that will see someone offended :-)

fwiw, i did not slag anyone (well not in this thread ) & Im not upset MS , just pointing out the Hypocrisy of some on here.

Suitably Chilled !! flowers.gif

fwiw, i did not slag anyone (well not in this thread ) & Im not upset MS , just pointing out the Hypocrisy of some on here.

I suppose it's all down to how you view things,

ariel sharron, defender of the israeli people or vicious oppressor of people who are unlucky enough to be born on a bit of land that is controlled by people with no recognition of their human rights and a man who died of symptoms approximating to old age after a full life and not answering to the calls for justice from those who claimed opression at his (and others) handss

Peaches geldof-spoiled wee girl who was indulged by her media mogul dad to speak her mind whenever her opinion was sought, or a deeply troubled young woman who lived her life in goldfish bowl following the high profile fall and death of her deeply troubled mother, leading to her seemingly taking her own life because of her inability to cope with those events

You could have picked hitler or Saddam as a comparison. I think perspective fits the bill rather than hypocrisy

ye asked if it was ok to slag certain people etc etc - I took my wording from you post. just to cleat that up :-) I am glad you are not upset but are chilled...life is short - enjoy :-)

I suppose it's all down to how you view things,

ariel sharron, defender of the israeli people or vicious oppressor of people who are unlucky enough to be born on a bit of land that is controlled by people with no recognition of their human rights and a man who died of symptoms approximating to old age after a full life and not answering to the calls for justice from those who claimed opression at his (and others) handss

Peaches geldof-spoiled wee girl who was indulged by her media mogul dad to speak her mind whenever her opinion was sought, or a deeply troubled young woman who lived her life in goldfish bowl following the high profile fall and death of her deeply troubled mother, leading to her seemingly taking her own life because of her inability to cope with those events

You could have picked hitler or Saddam as a comparison. I think perspective fits the bill rather than hypocrisy

I picked examples from recent "so farewell then " bawa threads.

However, i get your point.