Lets Get Behind The U-20S

Reading Edinburgh evening news appears that hearts and killie will be using all their under 20 first team players in their semi final tie on Saturday. Suggest we include our first team boys on Sunday.

I read some young rangers player wants to play today and tomorrow, and thought maybe we should use McGinn, Naismith, Kelly etc but it be a bit of a kick I the bawz for them and the other boys that got to the semi only to be dropped.

Game day, think I'll head down with time to spare and see what bargains I can get from the shop for the last time.

If Newco are about , you might be able to pick up a car park and training ground for next to nothing :P

( as long as you deposit your season ticket money into a fund )

OK. Its a shitty day.

Your choices are:

Braehead with the wife/hubby/partner of choice.

Watch the Saintees game on telly

Paint your spare room.

Or for only £4 , get down to St.Mirren park & support the young Buds.

I normally give games with the old scum a wide berth, but today i will make an exception. Hopefully we can stuff em & add to their miserable weekend.

I read some young rangers player wants to play today and tomorrow, and thought maybe we should use McGinn, Naismith, Kelly etc but it be a bit of a kick I the bawz for them and the other boys that got to the semi only to be dropped.

McGinn is down at Wembley.

Absolute disgraceful refereeing, Sent Saints defender off when he clearly took the ball, Then in the last min of the 90 he was 5 yards from the Rangers full back who clearly put up his hand and punch the ball and the ref gave a corner, I've seen some bad refs but this was a shambles, But our youngsters can feel proud of themselves their effort was amazing even with ten men they never gave up only to be let down by a incompetent ref. Young mark Williams at the back was superb and it wont be long before he is looking to get in the first team. But very proud of the commitment of our youngsters, Hope a few of the 1st team were watching,

Santaponsasaint, whilst I agree that the refereeing was poor, and our effort couldn't be faulted, we were lacking in every area if the pitch. We only have ourselves to blame for losing given that I don't think we had a shot on target for the entire 120 minutes.

Constantly played the wrong pass, under hit or telegraphed delivery numerous times. So many times that players on the ball just didn't look up or around them and needlessly gave the ball away. Our back 4 were so short on presence it was ridiculous - that Rangers number 10 was passing our centre backs several times even when literally giving them a 10 yard head start. It was only two last gasp goal line clearances that kept the score down.

We were atrocious. The only positive in our entire side was Dilo who was immense ( with the exception of the last minute free kick which he made up for anyway).

I don't like being negative, I'm just being honest here, I don't know how anybody could have seen that game any other way.

Edited by zurich_allan

Santaponsasaint, whilst I agree that the refereeing was poor, and our effort couldn't be faulted, we were lacking in every area if the pitch. We only have ourselves to blame for losing given that I don't think we had a shot on target for the entire 120 minutes.

Constantly played the wrong pass, under hit or telegraphed delivery numerous times. So many times that players on the ball just didn't look up or around them and needlessly gave the ball away. Our back 4 were so short on presence it was ridiculous - that Rangers number 10 was passing our centre backs several times even when literally giving them a 10 yard head start. It was only two last gasp goal line clearances that kept the score down.

We were atrocious. The only positive in our entire side was Dilo who was immense ( with the exception of the last minute free kick which he made up for anyway).

I don't like being negative, I'm just being honest here, I don't know how anybody could have seen that game any other way.

It's a very young under 20's squad this season, they'll learn from it. Edited by davidg

Felt so sorry for the boys today. Unsure about the sending off, might have been shouting for it if it had been at other end. But the penalty claim ??? WTF ! you`ve got the linesman looking across the line & the ref looking directly at it , what does it take to get a decision against that lot ?

Thought the central defence were good in the air but woefully slow on the deck. The young left back looks decent & the number four has that midfield organiser look about him. The wee No 11 had a cracking game but all too aften chose the wrong option for the final ball.

The youngsters gave it all but when we went down to 10 it was never going to happen.

As for rankers ? if thats the future for the blue bigots.... bring it on !! two or three decent players but overall they were a bad lot , Their number 14 in particular was honking. he wouldnt get a game for our Fives on a wednesday !!

Oh, & Thomas Reilly ? Sorry Bud,simply not ready for SPFL football & i`m not sure you ever will be.