Lets Get Behind The U-20S

Felt so sorry for the boys today. Unsure about the sending off, might have been shouting for it if it had been at other end. But the penalty claim ??? WTF ! you`ve got the linesman looking across the line & the ref looking directly at it , what does it take to get a decision against that lot ?

Thought the central defence were good in the air but woefully slow on the deck. The young left back looks decent & the number four has that midfield organiser look about him. The wee No 11 had a cracking game but all too aften chose the wrong option for the final ball.

The youngsters gave it all but when we went down to 10 it was never going to happen.

As for rankers ? if thats the future for the blue bigots.... bring it on !! two or three decent players but overall they were a bad lot , Their number 14 in particular was honking. he wouldnt get a game for our Fives on a wednesday !!

Oh, & Thomas Reilly ? Sorry Bud,simply not ready for SPFL football & i`m not sure you ever will be.

Thanks Sir Alex. thumbup2.gif

wink.png

Absolute disgraceful refereeing, Sent Saints defender off when he clearly took the ball, Then in the last min of the 90 he was 5 yards from the Rangers full back who clearly put up his hand and punch the ball and the ref gave a corner, I've seen some bad refs but this was a shambles, But our youngsters can feel proud of themselves their effort was amazing even with ten men they never gave up only to be let down by a incompetent ref. Young mark Williams at the back was superb and it wont be long before he is looking to get in the first team. But very proud of the commitment of our youngsters, Hope a few of the 1st team were watching,

I thought it was a foul but never a red card as there was cover and he was not clear through on goal.

Defence was too easily cut open in the first half... but I thought young Williams in particular went on to have a decent game.

Dilo was outstanding... motm by a mile.

Also liked the look of Anton Brady.

Well done to the 'kids' for the effort and commitment to the cause, amidst some decidedly dodgy refereeing. However the better team won and should have done so well before extra time.

I don't want to be too downbeat, but on that showing I'm not particularly impressed with the talent that's coming through. There was a lack of ability on the ball pretty much across the board.

Well done to the 'kids' for the effort and commitment to the cause, amidst some decidedly dodgy refereeing. However the better team won and should have done so well before extra time.

I don't want to be too downbeat, but on that showing I'm not particularly impressed with the talent that's coming through. There was a lack of ability on the ball pretty much across the board.

While your view is appreciated getting to this stage should not be underappreciated.

There are many teams who would have been happy to have reached this stage and at this young age there is plenty of time to improve.

Edited by faraway saint

Like davieg said its a very young side they have a lot to learn, Remember this season they lost McGinn, Naismith and Kelly from their team. I thought there attitude and effort was excellent

Disgraceful decision from an incompetent referee who then stands before extra time and laughs with his linesman about decision to our players. Granted rangers may have been stronger and dilo made a few decent saves but for an official to do that is shameful. imo the guy was an out and out cheat or a shitebag. Although probably both.

Cant believe people on here saying our boys arent technically good. Our kids are decent on the ball and will continue to improve. Id rather we try and play the way we do than be like rangers and just hump it long all day.

Biggest turning point was the ridiculous sending off. Boy was wide of goal and both our centre backs were in box.

The officials today were utter shite.

Id rather we try and play the way we do than be like rangers and just hump it long all day.

Biggest turning point was the ridiculous sending off. Boy was wide of goal and both our centre backs were in box.

Can't agree on either points here. Rangers played a lot more football than us. Their centre forward was rapid, so they played in behind a few times... But there's a difference between that and just lumping it long.

Whilst the red card was a poor decision, I don't see how it was a turning point. The game followed much the same pattern as it had before. In fact, if anything, we came into it slightly more.

As I said before, you couldn't fault the players for effort/commitment but there was a distinct lack of quality/technical ability. I appreciate they have time on their side, but our boys didn't seen comfortable on the ball which was the most concerning aspect. I was expecting more, a lot more really.

I thought it was a foul but never a red card as there was cover and he was not clear through on goal.

Defence was too easily cut open in the first half... but I thought young Williams in particular went on to have a decent game.

Dilo was outstanding... motm by a mile.

Also liked the look of Anton Brady.

First time I've been to watch the U20s. Wasn't a great performance, but most of that was our own doing and nothing to do with Rangers (I can understand why McCoist hasn't been bringing them into first team action as they are miles away in quite a few cases). Wehether it was the occasion, or the horrible weather we never got the ball down and played.

Agree re Dilo being very good, but Brady edged it for me in the MotM.

On a side note... Not sure what we are feeding the youngsters, but it's good to see some defenders coming through that are 6ft plus.

The ref got them all wrong, Cuddihy clearly took the ball ref gave a pen got that wrong cos it was outside the box, and the handball incident ref was 5 yards away, Absolutely shocking

The handballs were absolutely blatant.

On the pen we gave away, the initial tackle was perfect AND outside the box.

Just after that he raises his foot a little and catches the Rangers player. I could see that being a foul/penalty, but still not a red card as I think Dilo would have got to the ball first.

The handballs were absolutely blatant.

On the pen we gave away, the initial tackle was perfect AND outside the box.

Just after that he raises his foot a little and catches the Rangers player. I could see that being a foul/penalty, but still not a red card as I think Dilo would have got to the ball first.

But he gave the pen then had to change it cos the linesman told him he was wrong, Guy was clueless the whole guy,

The ref got them all wrong, Cuddihy clearly took the ball ref gave a pen got that wrong cos it was outside the box, and the handball incident ref was 5 yards away, Absolutely shocking

The ref would have even HEARD the ball hit his hand.

Don't know if its just my work, but I can't watch the vid again... says its 'private' ?

Here is the video, it's 13 mins long, but the incidents are at approx 4.15

and 6.30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iseQqtttpUg

ETA: Don't let it lie Saints! We have proof. I hope a copy is winging its way to Vincent Lunny to at least recind any punishment (as if sending off wasn't enough) for the defender.

Edited by Vambo57

Can't agree John. Thats why I put it back up.

We've got nowhere being 'classy'. Knowing Our Place and taking it up the arse from alledgedly biased/corrupt officials. Time to fight back IMO.

Edited by Vambo57

• 2 weeks later...