Thommohawk's New Deal

I have always been against any notion of Thompson taking over the management role. It is a nonsensical notion, and wouldn't work, IMO.

That said, I would wonder why he took his badges if he has no interest in management in the future. I don't think it is too far-fetched, but should not happen until he stops playing and he should cut his teeth in the same way that all young managers should - ie: lower leagues or an asst berth.

I haven't seen any interest from Thommo regarding management unlike Goodwin and Teale

I doubt it would automatically trigger a 1yr extension, more likely the club are obliged to offer another 1yr contract. Whether Thommo takes up that offer or not is another question.

Thommo, please accept that offer!

I would expect it would trigger an automatic extension, I know from talking to Tealy that he had this clause and is gutted that he won't play enough games to trigger it, but still hopes to sign.

Without any doubt saints must sign up teale. He is a very fit player who has had a bad season with injury. He is a very good creative player who can definitely play on. Make no mistake that should he go we will be losing him to another top level club in Scotland

I agree , I'd like to see Teale have another season with us.

When fit , he is a player who can create and open up games.

Hope he signs or at least gets offered one more season.

Hugh Keevins is an irritating gobshite with a punchable face and voice. There's not many people who I think have a punchable voice, but by Christ, he's one of them. 'Comediene' Sarah Millican is another. Punch, punch , punch.

That is all. Goodnight from Savannah, Georgia.

Shite, off topic again. Hope Thommo' gets another year. Hope we're still a top flight club, hope we sign decent support player(s) to help him. Hope the likes of McGinn, McLean and Kello stay to keep a decent spine of a team together. Hope Peaches Geldof rests in peace... Yadda, yadda.

Absolutely goodnight from Savannah, Georgia. Gie's a signing, etc...

Edited by pozbaird

He went for and got all his coaching badges so I'd be very surprised if he doesn't put them to use after he hangs up his boots.

surely gaining the knowledge will be helpful in either management media careers. I reckon he'll give both a try, and see which suits him best.

For everyone saying they can see him going into the media, is there really a career to be made as an ex player in scottish football?

you have sportscene which is funded with washers and sky/bt that dont particularly care about scottish football.

He'd be a natural for Question of Sport... Scottish fitballers have a good record of picking up more than most on that programme!