Foodbank Collection - St Mirren Park, 19Th April

Tennant's Lager

Only the other day I lured a pesky cold caller into my tangled web.....

He said "Hi.... Is this Lord Pityme I.m talking to?"

I grunted a response...

"We'll I just need to establish your identity"

I replied..

"Go on"

Then hung up.... I mean if he already knows my name he,s good enough to work out the rest.... No?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Only the other day I lured a pesky cold caller into my tangled web.....

He said "Hi.... Is this Lord Pityme I.m talking to?"

I grunted a response...

"We'll I just need to establish your identity"

I replied...

"Go on"

Then hung up.... I mean if he ready knows my none he,s god enough to work out the rest.... No?

Someone translate please. huh.png

Is it wise to have football fans coming to a football match armed with tins of food?

I'm generally supportive of the initiative in this instance by SMiSA but I can't help but doubt the wisdom of some of this. I know the collection points are outside of the stadium but there has to be a risk associated to having football fans of both clubs in the vicinity of a football stadium being armed with the kind of controlled containers that are not allowed on just the other side of each turnstyle.

Is it wise to have football fans coming to a football match armed with tins of food?

I'm generally supportive of the initiative in this instance by SMiSA but I can't help but doubt the wisdom of some of this. I know the collection points are outside of the stadium but there has to be a risk associated to having football fans of both clubs in the vicinity of a football stadium being armed with the kind of controlled containers that are not allowed on just the other side of each turnstyle.

Wrong again. This is nothing to do with SMISA, Its was someone from the charity who asked St,Mirren to get involved, who in turn asked the fans council for volunteers to collect the food, and the rest all got involved, SMISA don't run everything at the club even tho they like to think so,

[Edited - no personal abuse please. DT.]

Edited by Tennant's Lager

, SMISA don't run everything at the club even tho they like to think so,

that's bollocks

Read the statement again, the fourth paragraph clearly states it was organised by the fans council and the community trust, and by publishing this through the various alternative outlets available to SMiSA, including emailing SMiSA members, is in fact helping to publicise the efforts of other groups

Wrong again, This is nothing to do with SMISA, Its was someone from the charity who asked St,Mirren to get involved, who in turn asked the fans council for volunteers to collect the food, and the rest all got involved, SMISA don't run everything at the club even tho they like to think so,

You cannot even read a statement properly,once again someone doing something positive,ie SMISA spreading the word ,becomes a negative with you ,away and walk yer dog

[Edited - no personal abuse please. DT.]

Read the statement again, the fourth paragraph clearly states it was organised by the fans council and the community trust, and by publishing this through the various alternative outlets available to SMiSA, including emailing SMiSA members, is in fact helping to publicise the efforts of other groups

Exactly right John. The purpose of myself, and the trust posting about this is purely to spread the word that it is happening - if a few more people contribute as a result, that's reason enough in itself to do so. If not, no harm done. It's a no-brainer.

The various fans groups should be working together on matters like this, not against each other. We're all St Mirren supporters trying to do our bit on all fronts, to help make a difference.

The various fans groups should be working together on matters like this, not against each other. We're all St Mirren supporters trying to do our bit on all fronts, to help make a difference.

The blame for this descent into personal abuse lies with the usual suspects.

How a positive initiative like this can end up with some of the posts above, beggars belief.dry.png

that's bollocks

I was quoting Stu Dickson not the statement

Wrong again, This is nothing to do with SMISA, Its was someone from the charity who asked St,Mirren to get involved, who in turn asked the fans council for volunteers to collect the food, and the rest all got involved, SMISA don't run everything at the club even tho they like to think so,

You really are some piece of work. thumbdown.gif