Google Chromecast

faraway saint

I can't think of many applications for this wee gizmo that would enhance the connectability (is that even a word?) I already have. My TV has wi-fi and Andriod apps on my phone and tablet allow me transfer what I'm watching onto the TV. That said, I am no doubt missing something, as it does sound like a groovy wee piece of kit in fairness.

Just purchased a nice wee bit of kit that allows me to watch anything I have on my laptop/phone/tablet on my main TV.

Only £30 and works like a dream.

Saves me messing about with cables when watching films etc.

Just saying.

Was this a Groupon bargain by any chance?

I can't think of many applications for this wee gizmo that would enhance the connectability (is that even a word?) I already have. My TV has wi-fi and Andriod apps on my phone and tablet allow me transfer what I'm watching onto the TV. That said, I am no doubt missing something, as it does sound like a groovy wee piece of kit in fairness.

You're not missing anything Drew, this is really if you don't have a new Wi-Fi enabled TV.

I watch quite a few movies I've downloaded and hooking the TV up via a couple of cables isn't a real big hassle but just makes it slightly less.

• 4 weeks later...

Does Chromecast only show whats on the Google Chrome Browser, or does it show everything on your tablet/laptop/pc screen?

As far as I'm aware you can show anything but haven't had time to mess around with it yet.

You can show any films you are running on any video player just by dragging into Chrome Browser.

I've only used it to watch films that are run on other sources than directly through the browser.

PS To look at photos I just dragged them into the browser.

Edited by faraway saint

As far as I'm aware you can show anything but haven't had time to mess around with it yet.

You can show any films you are running on any video player just by dragging into Chrome Browser.

I've only used it to watch films that are run on other sources than directly through the browser.

PS To look at photos I just dragged them into the browser.

Just had a look about, as far as I can see you can play anything from your laptop/tablet/phone. thumbup2.gif

You can even get B&W Army on your TV. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint