Partick Thistle V St Mirren (Rip Simon Richardson)

Lex

got a ticket right behind my pals so all good. I think it being on telly wont make a huge difference this time. I don't do away games now as I simply can't afford them so when I saw this was on telly I thought great but as time as went on ive thought no I need to go - its too big a game!!

Goodwin playing Friday night; we're appealing the red and panel will discuss it next week smile.png

good news, now Danny and the club, and fans, need to stir up a huge fuss between now and Friday about how the victimisation of JG has to stop. It will make a difference to the referee's way of thinking....could be the difference between a red and yellow or yellow and no card at all. Which could be the difference between 1 and 3 points.

Find it hard to think about anything else before this game. I didn't know Simon other than that he was a familiar face at the Saints games that I'd nod to. I do know that he was brutally murdered a few hours after following the Buds on our last trip to Firhill.

On a lighter note, if we win this we are safe.

Going to be a strange one this. On the one hand, I love going to Firhill and the Friday night scenario with a huge Saints support will make it even better. On the other, I'm with you Lex. I will find it very difficult not to completely associate the game with what happened to Simon last time round. It'll be very strange to remember having a few jars with him before and after in the Star and Garter. Let's just hope we do him proud and get a convincing win just like last time.

Is the radio covering it? Get Alba on mute and listen to the tranny's commentary.

The problem with that is with a TV digital signal and a FM radio signal there is a two second difference on reception and when goals come in 13 seconds it can f**k up your viewing pleasure.

The match is being live streamed on wiziwig.tv, so looks like it'll be an early Saturday morning Gaelic commentary for me, unless I can find an English language stream.. either way I don't care, I'll be happy watching the Buds and listening to a big away support singing our way to victory.

3-1 Saints, don't care who scores.

thumbup2.gif

Thank Christ we don't play hearts until our last game as it looks like they will hurt a few teams with their defiant style. With the nature of the split meaning someone losing ground very quickly its a must that we don't lose on Friday.I would take a yoni yoni ( that's what 0-0 sounds like in Gaelic to me anyway) Thistle will be a very tough prospect at firhill. It's great to feel confident and we are playing well enough to win. I just wish I could watch us just once and not be shitting myself. Nearly 40 years of this and still haven't learned.