Partick Thistle V St Mirren (Rip Simon Richardson)

Lex

The bottom line tonight for me is Danny got his tactics all wrong. Our midfield was disjointed which is strange given the talent in that department for too long they were playing too deep. Still it's a game we could have lost and did not. Atrocious conditions it must be said also.

The bottom line tonight for me is Danny got his tactics all wrong. Our midfield was disjointed which is strange given the talent in that department for too long they were playing too deep. Still it's a game we could have lost and did not. Atrocious conditions it must be said also.

Exactly how?

Cant wait for this....................................1eye.gif

I'm disappointed tonight. I can't say I was impressed by our performance. If there was a half time team talk I wonder what it was all about because I couldn't say it made any difference. And....as usual, Danny had his 5 minute to go, substitution.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Ok, the majority of the first half we were out of the game.

The 2nd half we were equal, at least.............................wtf do you expect?

You need to get a life..................or a smile. bye1.gif

Far too much space between our midfield and front line. Midfield was too deep and let Thistle get on the ball too often. That, and we were really careless with the ball when we did get it.

Sorted ourselves out a bit second half and ultimately it's a point which suits us more than them.

I'm disappointed tonight. I can't say I was impressed by our performance. If there was a half time team talk I wonder what it was all about because I couldn't say it made any difference. And....as usual, Danny had his 5 minute to go, substitution.

Nonsense, we were much much better in the 2nd half and the substitutions were spot on Edited by cambiebud

A poor performance and I fear we are not out the woods yet. Fingers crossed.

The Simon Richardson tribute came across very well on the tv.

I am not family but I was a very close friend of Simon and I have been in touch with Simon's family this evening. They are extremely grateful for the support shown by Saints and Jags fans tonight. The support shown over the last 6 months by Saints fans, St Mirren FC and The B&W Mag has been fantastic. Simon's family are extremely proud and rightly so.

Proud to be a Buddie. Thank you all.

Only posts when we lose a goal......................absolute "low life" and belongs in the east end of Glasgow as he admitted supporting them previously. :1eye

Not worth worrying about, moron. :thumbsdown

You are one f**king ass hole and brave as f**k behind a key board you f**king wank.

Scrappy stuff, and a bit nervy at times. An off-day for John McGinn, but he can certainly be forgiven for that. Dilo needs to command his area bit more, but he is a young lad and has the potential to be a very good 'keeper indeed.

The first half was pretty dire stuff from Saints bar 5 minute spells at either end. We gave them too much space in midfield, but, to be fair to Thistle, I think they stuck to their game plan and stifled our creative players. Second half, they were hitting balls through the channels and hoping to beat our centre backs for pace. It was a bit shaky from time to time, and a better team could have cut us open.

Jim Goodwin was the MotM by a country mile. Great performance from him tonight, and showed real class when he was scythed and just got straight back to his feet and played on.

Referee was bloody awful.

I'm happy enough with the point. All three would have been great, but, to be honest, we didn't deserve to win that game.

ETA: great gesture for Simon on 68 minutes. Extremely well observed, and thanks to the Jags for joining in.

Edited by Drew

Thanks to everyone for supporting the minutes applause. Great effort by Buddies and Jags to spread the word.

I'm sure Simon's family and friends will take some strength from that support in the weeks ahead.

I know I did. Thank you all once again.

Came across very well on the TV.

No more needed to say.....................complete respect for both sets of supporters. clap2.gif

Not at our best, but happy with point. Jim Goodwin was immense, other pros should watch his display..fouled time after time and gets up again, again and again. Again Kelly caught out with ball to the far post. Dust ourselves down for 3 remaining games. COYS

Looked like Cheesy was the one caught out, but Kelly was posted missing as well.

Thought the central defence had their best game of the season last week but tonight they were awful. Dillon stood between them and neither of them picked him up time after time. Their passing was shocking. They looked scared shitless and that spread to the rest of the team. However we rallied and had a much better second half. Thistle are a pretty decent team but I reckon we have the best squad of any of the bottom six but do not know the meaning of consistency. A point there is ok.