Nigel Clough 100/1
Eric Cantona 250/1
Arsene Wenger 250/1
David Beckham 250/1

Well, what do you know. thumbup2.gif

Guest TPAFKATS

According to Man Utd, load of shite.

Hope this helps.

Not really. They havent sacked him yet - and refused to comment on him being there next season.

Nice spin though...

Guest TPAFKATS

And yet you start a thread titled Moyes sacked? 1eye.gif

I love this forum. lol.gif

I'm only posting what was being reported all over the sports media - Moyes sacked.

Nothing daft about it...but you know that.

Silly faraway

Feel sorry for Moyes. I reckon United were on the wane and it was through complete force of personality of Alex Ferguson they won last season. As for a new manager Klopp's name has been mentioned a few times but I'm not sure he'd produce the miracles expected of him. You never know, mind you. But forget Guardiola. And as for Simeone, really? After the World Cup in '98?

It was always a step too far for Moyes. He did well at a medicore club like Everton but it was always going to take a big name manager to get the job done and Moyes simply didn't fit the bill.

Next to no chance it'll be Klopp. Simeone is too much of a loose cannon for a club like United. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ferguson.

On the flip side, what now for Moyes? He's definitely tarnished now, as far as the Premiership is concerned, unless Norwich. Maybe down to the Championship, having to work his passage back to the top division with a promotion?

I doubt he's "tarnished" enough to have to delve into the Championsip as many teams with a similar budget to Everton will look at what he done there over a considerable period of time.

Qite a few lower to mid table Premiership sides will be interested between now and the start of next season, IMO.

On the flip side, what now for Moyes? He's definitely tarnished now, as far as the Premiership is concerned, unless Norwich. Maybe down to the Championship, having to work his passage back to the top division with a promotion?

Nah, he'll easily get another Premiership gig- mid-to lower half. He could even get the Celtic job if he didn't want to go to the Championship. If he fancies a gig abroad he could do it too. If anything Man U has raised his profile.

It was always a step too far for Moyes. He did well at a medicore club like Everton but it was always going to take a big name manager to get the job done and Moyes simply didn't fit the bill.

Next to no chance it'll be Klopp. Simeone is too much of a loose cannon for a club like United. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ferguson.

I think it was a poisoned chalice, a team on the wane, and Ferguson took them to a title that others couldn't. That's not to forget the shear change in executives that dealt with transfers and coaches. I suspect many managers would have struggled with that team this year. That's not to say he's done a good job in the circumstances, but I think Moyes could be forgiven for much.

I agree no chance on Klopp and I would think Simeone too. I actually hope the new man struggles again and maybe makes them think about the speed of managerial change.

He was let down by imposters like Valencia, Nani and Young. Players long past their best like Evra, Ferdinand and Carrick and players who shouldn't be anywhere near Manchester United first team like Cleverley, Kagawa, Rafael, Fellaini and Jones. Only the keeper, Rooney, Vidic and Van Persie would get a game in the current top four teams.

How Alex Ferguson won the league last year with that bunch just goes to show the genius of the man. Huge clear out required and won't happen in a season no matter who they get in as the top 4 are miles ahead of them.