"travellers" Caravan Camp On Hawkhead Road

Dave M

Has anyone else spotted them?

They arrived 2 weeks ago (10th April) near the BASF chemical plant.

I live right round the corner and I actually saw the first few caravans sitting there. The only reason I noticed was because of 4 or 5 manky looking kids were throwing stones outside the McBeals roll shop, and just inside the car park there was a massive fire going.

Today I've noticed more caravans and a massive pile of furniture in a giant heap (presumably for another massive fire).

You can see it if you stand on the platform of the hawkead railway station, or from the pavement going over the railway line on Hawkhead road.

I had a letter from BASF (the land owners) today saying that the travellers entered the site illegally and that the police have been informed.

I am wondering why this hasn't been reported in any local news. There's nothing I can find on the internet either.

Has anyone else spotted them?

They arrived 2 weeks ago (10th April) near the BASF chemical plant.

I live right round the corner and I actually saw the first few caravans sitting there. The only reason I noticed was because of 4 or 5 manky looking kids were throwing stones outside the McBeals roll shop, and just inside the car park there was a massive fire going.

Today I've noticed more caravans and a massive pile of furniture in a giant heap (presumably for another massive fire).

You can see it if you stand on the platform of the hawkead railway station, or from the pavement going over the railway line on Hawkhead road.

I had a letter from BASF (the land owners) today saying that the travellers entered the site illegally and that the police have been informed.

I am wondering why this hasn't been reported in any local news. There's nothing I can find on the internet either.

Massive thread. whistling.gif

C'mon the gypsies. thumbup2.gif

How infuriating!

Who do these 'Travellers' think they are?

The bare-faced cheek of them living on a derelict industrial site car park... And no doubt they'll have their towels out first thing in the morning on the dilapidated chairs round the big fecking mucky puddles too?

It makes your feckin blood boil..!

I wonder... I just wonder maybe I should go ahead with that block-paving quote, given the subsequent guarantees about quality of workmanship from the fat swarthy chap with the beat-up bowler hat?

Throughout my many decades on this planet I have learned a thing or two, some from the mistakes of other's and more often due to my own stupidity.

1) Your gutters are fine, they do not need suddenly checked

2) A good quality driveway costs a lot more that £1500 and you do NOT need to give any proper company the money up front for materials.

3) It is good practice to keep your doors locked

4) You roof is fine and you do not suddenly need it checked.

5) The man at your front door selling you a cut price sofa probably stole it.

6) The man at your front door selling you a cut price lawnmower probably stole it.

7) The man at your front door selling you a cut price generator probably stole it.

8) You do NOT have any consumer rights when you purchase things from a man at your front door.

9) Elderly people are vulnerable, if you have an elderly relative then go visit them and if need be YOU check the roof and gutters (or pretend you did, just give them peace of mind)

10) If you have a van it is NOT a good idea to keep your tools/wares in the van overnight and especially not in full view.

Now that I just happened to mention those facts may I say it is apparently a wonderful thing to have diversity of culture.

Brilliant. It's hard enough to get locals down to the ground, then the Hawkhead Road Celtic Supporters Club moves in.

One town, one team ya' basturts'.

I believe they are known as the Hawkhead Road Celtic Supporters Masseeeeve. Dave would be able to confirmwhistling.gif

I believe they are known as the Hawkhead Road Celtic Supporters Masseeeeve. Dave would be able to confirmwhistling.gif

Drew, in regard to your first post in this thread - no water cannons are available. They're currently installed at Cappielow Stadium where they are used to assist the home crowd get their fortnightly wash.

More information to follow soon as I have it.

Show the visitors what a wonderful community Paisley and it's Buddies are.

Let them stay and show them our hospitality.

Giving them a few hundred complimentary tickets for our next home match would be a good start.

Come on the Gypsies.

Show the visitors what a wonderful community Paisley and it's Buddies are.

Let them stay and show them our hospitality.

Giving them a few hundred complimentary tickets for our next home match would be a good start.

Come on the Gypsies.

Just leave the comps on the dining table and they can collect them when they are next in your house!!!!

:o

Throughout my many decades on this planet I have learned a thing or two, some from the mistakes of other's and more often due to my own stupidity.

2) A good quality driveway costs a lot more that £1500 and you do NOT need to give any proper company the money up front for materials.

6) The man at your front door selling you a cut price lawnmower probably stole it.

7) The man at your front door selling you a cut price generator probably stole it.

8) You do NOT have any consumer rights when you purchase things from a man at your front door.

9) Elderly people are vulnerable, if you have an elderly relative then go visit them and if need be YOU check the roof and gutters (or pretend you did, just give them peace of mind)

10) If you have a van it is NOT a good idea to keep your tools/wares in the van overnight and especially not in full view.

Now that I just happened to mention those facts may I say it is apparently a wonderful thing to have diversity of culture.

You forgot to mention that , a good quality suncream should be used. .

Gypo's parked up on the fringes of Brookfield as well.

Hmmm , Paisley trapped in a Pikey Pincer movement , maybe the dodgers, waltzers and the target shooting shows start soon

Gypsies have nothing to do with "The Shows".

The thieving bastards set up camp about a mile up the road from where i stay and suddenly burgalaries, thefts from gardens etc increased big time and as soon as the Rozzers went to visit, they gave the 'Discrimation' script.. The only camps they should be in are Concentration camps

This reminded me of a 1970's style 'Charlie says' advert.