"travellers" Caravan Camp On Hawkhead Road

Dave M

Lets clear this up- After the dogs abuse Ive been getting I hope to set the record straight. Maybe some of my comments where a bit harsh but, my disliking of Gypsies, Travellers etc come from my UTTER HATRED of THEFT, and in the case of this group It is the theft of Land (paid for by us as they dont pay council tax, water rates etc) Theft of Utilities (Gas, Electricity- Have dealt with this first hand when working with a Metering company) Theft from people close to their camps (An elderly relative and some other older neighbours) having their Houses, sheds tanned, on some cases more than once,and when a couple of them where caught in the act,they where found to be from the 'Travelling Community' and a friend down south got seriously injured in the midst of a mass brawl near his local after having a quite pint, just as a Gypsy Feud kicked of and they he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I would also like to point out I am in no way a racist, I have many friends of different nationalities, skin colour, religion etc and find racism despicable, almost as much as theft.

And might be worthwhile digesting some of the other post of peoples various experiences with this group before labelling someone a racist, facist and the other choice terms I've seen shared on this page.

Rant over

Read before you post in future, I always do. ;)

Only in my future, so I've now seen mention of it. smile.png

Think we should stop the click, now...? unsure.png

A future fanny or a futuristic fanny. The mind boggles.

The 'Travelling People' were at one time apparently a real nuisance here in Northern Ireland. In the 50's and 60's the infamous B-Specials took it upon themselves to visit them at night and persuade them to get back across the border where they belonged. Travelling people do not scare easily as can be seen today still, but the B-Specials frightened the crap out of them. Rough justice but it's tough on honest citizens who wake up to find they have new neighbours. Yet some still defend them. Nimbyism springs to mind.