St Mirrens New Strip

Indeed.

But some of the comments are a tad over dramatic, for what is, in effect, a glorified T-shirt.

... but a glorified T Shirt that in different guises has been worn since 1877, and carries with it memories and emotions. The club crest itself is something many fans get tattoos of.

It's more than a glorified T Shirt.

If anything, it's become a glorified JD Sports advertisement. They've got their claws well into our colours.

If nothing else it has got plenty of attention in the media.

Plenty of people seem to like it.

I'm not one but hey ho, does it really matter as long as the players wearing them are doing the business ?

I'm not one but hey ho, does it really matter as long as the players wearing them are doing the business ?

In this instance surely it matters because the new three year deal with this particular supplier has been instrumental in supporters seeing awp reluctantly have to walk away.

... but a glorified T Shirt that in different guises has been worn since 1877, and carries with it memories and emotions. The club crest itself is something many fans get tattoos of.

It's more than a glorified T Shirt.

If anything, it's become a glorified JD Sports advertisement. They've got their claws well into our colours.

Fair enough.

I just can't get that upset about a piece of clothing.

It's made the STV Sports news !

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-mirren/273746-st-mirren-launch-new-home-shirt-ahead-of-the-201415-campaign/

Hoping for better from the away strip, did someone say it was going to be luminous yellow stripes like Dortmund ? As for the new home one, I'm getting used to it, probably wait til late season for a half price one to use as a 'hi viz' cycling top. Cars and lorries will avoid me nae bother in that !

In that article our General Manager states that is 'bespoke'... so who designed it then?

My first thought was "that's a relegation strip", but you never know, on the park it may look quite nifty. Need to see a whole team in it. I think it will look grey from the terraces. At least it seems quite modern. I think our younger fans (under 40) will generally like it, but generally us auld baisturts will hate it. I think it will grow on us though.

I cannnot see it being a top seller, but that does not matter to us.

The League cup winning classic strip with a V-neck would have been a stunner.

BRING BACK POZ!

Fair enough.

I just can't get that upset about a piece of clothing.

I suppose its better that directing your ire at the manager or players.

Inanimate object and all that (a bit like Cheesywhistling.gif ).

I get angry about lots of clothing items. Underpants that go up the crack of yer' arse when you sit in your car, the big sticky-uppy white labels on the neck of yer' T Shirts.... and the killer... You zip up a jacket and the zip has grabbed a bit of the cloth and gets stuck. Cannae' move it up, cannae' move it down.

Clothes are basturts'.

That is true our forum God, very true indeed.

That said that is the worst football strip I have ever seen, It hurts my eyes and when did yellow become one of our colours?

It is honking, its is daft looking, it is stupid, it is awful, it is keich, it is so bad that I genuinely couldn't believe it when I saw it.

In the style of the comic store guy from that cartoon called "The Simpson's"

WORST STRIP EVER

In that article our General Manager states that is 'bespoke'... so who designed it then?

My first thought was "that's a relegation strip", but you never know, on the park it may look quite nifty. Need to see a whole team in it. I think it will look grey from the terraces. At least it seems quite modern. I think our younger fans (under 40) will generally like it, but generally us auld baisturts will hate it. I think it will grow on us though.

I cannnot see it being a top seller, but that does not matter to us.

The League cup winning classic strip with a V-neck would have been a stunner.

BRING BACK POZ!

Was that our new yellow top you were wearing earlier at the Hurlet around 5pm ?

The new strip is great and i love it and i will be purchasing one for me and one for Abby.

We should incorporate yellow in all our merchandise now and ditch the red.

A black, white and yellow scarf would appeal to me.

Also, imagine a Card display using yellow , that would be tremendous.

no real like or dislike, but i do agree the introduction of yellow is wrong, who thought about introducing pukey yellow in the first place - blame them.

anyway it will be interesting to see how visible our players are when wearing it, it might make them blend into the crowd, or become like ghosts.

i would like our ghost to accidentally boot derek adams in the chuckies today BTW

The new strip is great and i love it and i will be purchasing one for me and one for Abby.

We should incorporate yellow in all our merchandise now and ditch the red.

A black, white and yellow scarf would appeal to me.

Also, imagine a Card display using yellow , that would be tremendous.

I think the designer lost his red crayon and hasn't replaced it the last couple of seasons

I think the designer lost his red crayon and hasn't replaced it the last couple of seasons

Last season I never entertained any coloured crayons for the home kit. The only colours in the home kit should be black and white. Change and third kits give an opportunity for different colours. IMHO... naturally.

In regard to the use of, and increasing presence of yellow in home kits...Any yellow in the home kits has come from JDs in-house design team. Unless someone within the club asked for it. The only yellow I was involved with was for this season's third kit.

Red in our home kit screams 'Dunfermline!' to me. I saw JDs own in-house offering for the 2012/13 season - there was so much red in it you'd have sworn our colours were red, black and white.

Ball is naturally now fully in their court, and/or whoever is in the club who gets involved in kit design. Could be CK, could be Brian Caldwell, or equally it could be no-one, and they just let JD do what they want.

Edited by pozbaird

Ball is naturally now fully in their court, and/or whoever is in the club who gets involved in kit design. Could be CK, could be Brian Caldwell, or equally it could be no-one, and they just let JD do what they want.

Not CK this year, was The GM.