St Mirrens New Strip

Could be a blessing in disguise having this abomination of a strip. If, as previously posted, the sales do turn out to be low, then maybe JD pull out of the contract and we get a decent supplier Adidas, Umbro etc. We will then be able to have a decent club shop that actually sells the strip !!!!

Could be a blessing in disguise having this abomination of a strip. If, as previously posted, the sales do turn out to be low, then maybe JD pull out of the contract and we get a decent supplier Adidas, Umbro etc. We will then be able to have a decent club shop that actually sells the strip !!!!

Not sure we'll ever have and Adidas or Nike doing our strip. They probably cost too much and we don't sell enough to justify it. Teams in Scotland,like Dundee Utd, who have Nike kit simply buy them off the rack and add their own badge etc as far as I'm aware.

I think we're stuck in the worlds of Carbrini, Fila, Hummel and Jomo forever.

I could be talking absolute pish here though.

Think they'll have to hurry if so. Apparently these things are decided months and months in advance.

Also, are people really saying it's worse than the bib? Can't understand that.

You would have thought the designers would have done a bit of research, or at the

very least be tipped off by someone at the club to stay well clear of anything remotely

resembling the bib strip....

makes you wonder if anyone at the club really gives a fcuk.....

Not sure we'll ever have and Adidas or Nike doing our strip. They probably cost too much and we don't sell enough to justify it. Teams in Scotland,like Dundee Utd, who have Nike kit simply buy them off the rack and add their own badge etc as far as I'm aware.

I think we're stuck in the worlds of Carbrini, Fila, Hummel and Jomo forever.

I could be talking absolute pish here though.

We talked turkey with Puma I believe. Before JD got the gig.

....makes you wonder if anyone at the club really gives a fcuk.....

I doubt anyone at the club or JD gives a fcuk. It's quite clearly a commercial contract that's longer than what's written on it. The text of which says "Must contain black & white and one colour of your choice" The end... lol.gif

The process involved in choosing the strip would, I imagine, comprise of the sponsors, the fashion designer and the club's commercial dept. No doubt there were a few proto-designs on show. Why o why did they not take this opportunity to engage the fans in choosing what strip appealed to the majority? It's not hard, is it?

Was in Braehead today. There's an electronic advert board outside the JD store. It was showing the Gregg Wylde pic. I was waiting for Mrs Poz to come out of M&S and the amount of 'What the fcuk!?' comments from guys passing the advert was, well, noticeable.

After seeing a clearer image, it's starting to grow on me. As long as the guys who wear it give 100% when they pull it on, I'm not too fussed.

Come on John- Genital Warts can grow on you, doesnt mean you like it. And I will cheer on the guys no matter what they where but If I buy the top,I will condone the BOD and JD for giving us any crap they want on the assumption we will buy it if it has our club badge and colours on it

Seriously pissed off at this, not just the strip, but the utter contempt shown to the efforts of Provan Sports and Poz in recent seasons to bring us decent strips and merchandise. I say boycott these JD wankers and let's make it a viral campaign !

The club have made a smart move with this. The last 2/3 season strips have been really smart and people have went out and bought them. Where next season, although the strip looks chakit, the fans will still buy the strip for the st mirren badge. The following season after nexts strip will be a cracker which will boost the finances again, you have to do this from time to time!

The club have made a smart move with this. The last 2/3 season strips have been really smart and people have went out and bought them. Where next season, although the strip looks chakit, the fans will still buy the strip for the st mirren badge. The following season after nexts strip will be a cracker which will boost the finances again, you have to do this from time to time!

Your talents are wasted here, you are a marketing genius !

Come on John- Genital Warts can grow on you, doesnt mean you like it. And I will cheer on the guys no matter what they where but If I buy the top,I will condone the BOD and JD for giving us any crap they want on the assumption we will buy it if it has our club badge and colours on it

It's like marmite, you either like it, or hate it. Personally, the old boaby warts aren't my cup of tea, but I still like the kit.

I have previously expressed my derision for this strip and my derision continiues to burn, like thrush!

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with the well written article on next season's clown style strip and I echo the the statement of "suffering Christ" as written in said article I cannot help but wonder if a new more positive article should now be penned in support of the strip.

Now (stay with me) the article is absolutely correct and truthful as I previously said, in fact I like the article, it is one of my favourites. We,the forum community of this here forum are Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co supporter's and as such I am sure we all wish to do as much as we can to promote the club and the clubs interests. This would even extend to penning a slightly biased and basically untrue critique of the new strip.

Why? Well any decrease in sales (surely less people will actually buy this eye hurting thing) harms our glorious and righteous club directly and the appearance of such an article (however accurate and well written) may serve to harm the sales figures of this terrible piece of over priced cloth.

If the writing of such a spin-doctoring tale of lies is in any way insulting to the journalistic communty involved in penning the fine articles that we, the forum user's enjoy then I would even volounteer to pen an alternative article as I do not mind telling blatant lies in the pursuance of what I see as a greater good. If the Christian's and Muslim's can do it to promote false Gods then old TT can do it to promote all things Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

I await the commision!