St Mirrens New Strip

I prefer white shorts and socks too, just threw that jpeg out there for a wee bit of discussion! Can amend them to white, maybe add a couple of thicker hoops on the socks, try a few things for the hell of it. End of the day though, JDs in-house team will do it, but the club need to approve it!

Whatever happens, I hope we don't end up with a shocker like this season. Us having a bad kit seems to go hand in hand with a crap season!

Your kit from a couple of seasons is the winner. Don't think you need to change much each season....maybe change the collar shape, socks, thickness of the stripe (not to f**king thin though!!), but just keep it simple.

This is the first St Mirren kit I remember, so whilst it isn't the famous stripes I've always liked it. I'm not a fan of black socks, always feel we have nightmare seasons when we wear them.

So for me, decent size stripes, black or white shorts, white socks. Away kit has to be red. Come on JD, give us something decent.

As the striped designs seem to have been generally shite for years (League Cup winning season the notable exception - absolutely the best looking St.Mirren strip I have ever seen), what about a return to an all white strip next season? We've had plenty of them over the years.

I like that idea.

Failing that what about all white tops with black stripes?

I prefer white shorts and socks too, just threw that jpeg out there for a wee bit of discussion! Can amend them to white, maybe add a couple of thicker hoops on the socks, try a few things for the hell of it. End of the day though, JDs in-house team will do it, but the club need to approve it!

Edited by santaponsasaint

Pointless argument new strip has been decided and will be ready for sale at the end of May

If you don't know what it looks like, are you able to say if the fans council were asked their views regarding any of the strips?

I believe they had a major say in the new strip design. I would like to know why it has not been shown yet, if it's done and dusted why not show it ?

Should be selling the new one now, just as the decent weather is coming in.

Perfect timing with many " Cup Finals " for us on their way , starting with Killie on Saturday.

Aye, good idea, sell next seasons strip while we still have a quarter of this season to play. 1eye.gif

Keep that up and you'll be able to get the 2016-2017 strip for yer Christmas. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Aye, good idea, sell next seasons strip while we still have a quarter of this season to play. 1eye.gif

Keep that up and you'll be able to get the 2016-2017 strip for yer Christmas. lol.gif

Well, I think the purchasing of the present one ceased last May.

Dunderheid

As the striped designs seem to have been generally shite for years (League Cup winning season the notable exception - absolutely the best looking St.Mirren strip I have ever seen), what about a return to an all white strip next season? We've had plenty of them over the years.

All white with black pin stripes? That is the only way I'd ever accept black shorts/socks...

JD need the two strips to be good and sell well as they must have taken a substantial hit given the large discounts even prior to xmas on the away monstrosity. The home has also been reduced twice since xmas and it looks like they would struggle to give them away. Safe option of plain black and white home strip with no bloody yellow with a red away