St Mirrens New Strip

Not our strip.......

This. I don't know who is involved in designing next season's kits, but if it is our BoD or CK, I don't believe they would ask for that. Given what JD Sports own in-house team did with our first JD kit, which was good, I don't think they'd mess around with the stripes this much. Also, such thin stripes couldn't possibly have names and numbers on the back even remotely legible, so would it be a white back again? Having seen the positive reaction to 'bringing back the stripes' on recent kits, surely they wouldn't choose to go back to white backs or white patches again.

Having said that, I'm out the picture, REA is out the picture, so as I said, who knows who is now responsible for designing our strips.

If that turns out to be our real home kit.... Bring back, erm, me!

This. I don't know who is involved in designing next season's kits, but if it is our BoD or CK, I don't believe they would ask for that. Given what JD Sports own in-house team did with our first JD kit, which was good, I don't think they'd mess around with the stripes this much. Also, such thin stripes couldn't possibly have names and numbers on the back even remotely legible, so would it be a white back again? Having seen the positive reaction to 'bringing back the stripes' on recent kits, surely they wouldn't choose to go back to white backs or white patches again.

Having said that, I'm out the picture, REA is out the picture, so as I said, who knows who is now responsible for designing our strips.

If that turns out to be our real home kit.... Bring back, erm, me!

Dont forget the RED numbers wink.png

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/St_Mirren/St_Mirren.htm

The 1964/65 or 1968/69 strips would be perfect for the new Season.

I like them.

Even the 1884 to 1898 effort wid dae with different coloued shorts and hose thumbup2.gif

Edited by shull

The strip itself may not be too bad. It is the sponsor which is hideous. I'm sure there is a league rule about the height and size of the sponsors logo on strips. Fingers crossed that shield thing is breaking the rule. Pozbaird may be able to shed some light since he was involved in designing past strips.

Based on that photo, the new jersey looks attrocious, though the ludicrous sponsor transfer doesn't help at all. Perhaps it is reasonable to reserve judgement until we get a proper view, but initial impressions are far from reassuring.

What is it with the pin stripes? FFS, how hard is it to grasp that people like the classic stripes, and only minor tweaks are required to freshen things up each season.

The best strip we've ever had in modern times is the 2012/13 strip that we won the League Cup in.

Reason why? It's a simple design, traditional, and unfussy.

This new 'thing' is dreadful looking. And what's with sticking with this yellow trim idea? Since when did we become Notts County??

Edited by Leicester Saint

The strip itself may not be too bad. It is the sponsor which is hideous. I'm sure there is a league rule about the height and size of the sponsors logo on strips. Fingers crossed that shield thing is breaking the rule. Pozbaird may be able to shed some light since he was involved in designing past strips.

My guess is that the JD sponsor is simply a mock up and we will be sponsored by one of the JD group companies like Black's this year and Diadora etc previously.

It does look Dunfermlinesque so maybe Jimmy Calderwood has had some input at St Mirren Park after all!