St Mirren V Ross County, Sat 3Rd May 2014

Well done for working that out. I had a stab at it but gave up and decided just to let my arse twitch for another four days.

Know how you feel, I could shit through the eye of a needle at 40 paces, but mine is just down to a dodgy full bhoona from last night.

If Killie lose tomorrow we are 100% safe.

If they don't we are all but safe, would take some really freaky results for us to finish 11th now. We only could by Goal Difference.

Won't happen though, we are safe, promise ;)

I genuinely believe we will beat Killie and Hearts to end up with 44 points.

If they don't we are all but safe, would take some really freaky results for us to finish 11th now. We only could by Goal Difference.

You go to all the games so can speak with prior knowledge, should we offer danny a new contract?

Well done for working that out. I had a stab at it but gave up and decided just to let my arse twitch for another four days.

Killie v Hearts - home win

Ross County v Hibs - home win

Hearts v Partick - away win

Killie v St. Mirren - home win

Hibs v Killie - home win

Partick v Ross County - away win

St. Mirren v Hearts - away win

I think the table would be:

Ross County - 40

Killie - 39

Partick - 38

Hibs - 38

St. Mirren - 38

Based on current goal difference and the above sequence of results then we'd probably finish in the play off spot on goal difference.

The games would need to go exactly as described above.

I think the probability of that happening is next to nothing. Try putting that run of results on at a bookies and see what odds you would get.

One draw in 7 games ends it.

Of course, this is all presuming the very worst. Far more likely is for us to finish in 7th spot comfortably.

No need for any more arse twitching!

Nah, I think that anything other than a Killie win sees us safe.

Any draws in the last remaining 7 games ends it.

The subs really changed the game in our favour. Magennis and Wylde were tremendous when they came on, fantastic decision made at the right time.

Spot-on. Some arsehole in the family stand was shouting abuse at Danny after the subs. FFS, we have some real throbbers in our support.

On the positive side, what a hit by Wylde. A stunner that we had a fantastic view of. Had Kenny scored late on, it would have been another candidate for goal of the season. Goody was immense yet again.

We are within a hairs breadth now.

Edited by Drew

I think I've just shown the only way it can happen. Happy for someone to show me differently.

Do a search on here for posts by Elvis (especially on match days) and you'll see what I meant by that post. wink.png

Goodwin having a blinder in the middle of the park, Saints playing well and looking the more likely.

Saints fans sing there's only one Jamie Hammill... 5 to go. Hold it...

Funniest thing was Goodwin pissing himself laughing at the edge of the County box when that was being sung.

Don't know if this is the right thread but what's all the fuss about Morton game finishing at 10 2 ? I though all the games finished at 10 2 on a Saturday. Back to us, what a fantastic run of results for our boys. Showing once again that when the chips are down we can really play. Let's hope the close season brings some exciting news, but for now, fantastic boys!! Well done.

The subs really changed the game in our favour. Magennis and Wylde were tremendous when they came on, fantastic decision made at the right time.

Indeed . Danny got it right for a change and we got to see the Wilde wonder goal , though Magennis could do with being a bit more aggressive at times when he is in a position to take a shot , he is a big guy and could use that fact more. .

I thought we dominated the entirety of the first half and despite several good attempts on target , Mark Brown proved to be cunty's best player and perhaps one of the few that didn't carry a current Equity card . Toss Cunty came alive in the middle of the second half after a series of badly strung passes from the Saints . Dilo was too much of a professional as he kicked the ball out of play as one of Dingwall's Dildo's decided to give his best dramatic performance of feigning injury , in some sort of attempt to waste time/break up the play. .

Today , proved the old adage that , cheats never win , and that one wonder goal from Wilde was all that was need to see Mr Adams go home , meekly. Even if he couldn't admit we deserved the win he did admit that we had a good goal (on the radio). .

Anyway , I'll finish off with a quote of another well known poster , fuck'im. .

Great result and big congratulations to Danny and the players.

Wylde and magennis are fantastic players to have coming off the bench, they just open the game up with their pace and directness, I actually hope we keep Josh after the summer and I never though I would have said that when he signed

Great result and big congratulations to Danny and the players.

Wylde and magennis are fantastic players to have coming off the bench, they just open the game up with their pace and directness, I actually hope we keep Josh after the summer and I never though I would have said that when he signed

Josh has loads of potential and is very enthusiastic . I do hope we get the chance to turn him into his full potential. .

Deserved that today.

What a strike from Wylde, had a great view of it from the back row of family stand. Straight as an arrow, didn't move and was in as soon as he hit it.

Danny got the subs spot on today, really made a difference. We were the better team prior to this but didn't have the energy or quality in final 3rd.

County are a bunch of cheating cunts. Hope they go down.

2 games in a row Jim Goodwin absolutely bossed it. Solid and controlled performance. When you play like that you don't need to get cheap shots in like he did to that young united player.

Looking forward to a Peroni tonight.

COYS

Spot-on. Some arsehole in the family stand was shouting abuse at Danny after the subs. FFS, we have some real throbbers in our support.

Totally agree.

5 mins before the subs I predicted this change, it seemed the logical sub to make.

We were having no joy at all down the left, their right back and Brittain had McGinn and Kelly especially in their pockets today, we needed a winger down that side. Wylde ripped them a new one.

Josh was full of running, very strong and provided much needed energy up front. He's played really well in a few occasions for us.

Danny must go !!!

f**king 7th and on a decent run !!

Apparently :P

What a load on nonsense :)

Seems to be going better than some hoped/imagined ?

He'll still be gone if we win our last 2 games.

The squad he assembled in the first half of the season was piss poor, he chose not to spend his budget, panicked signed players in the wrong areas and his January signings have helped get him out of trouble.

The money he's spunked paying players off and even paying wages to guys who are now playing elsewhere. Real poor squad management and that's why he won't be here next season.

Edited by davidg

He'll still be gone if we win our last 2 games.

The squad he assembled in the first half of the season was piss poor, he chose not to spend his budget, panicked signed players in the wrong areas and his January signings have helped get him out of trouble.

The money he's spunked paying players off and even paying wages to guys who are now playing elsewhere. Real poor squad management and that why he won't be here next season.

Joking aside , yes it seems he will be gone but fair to say he can leave with his head held high.

The finish to the season has gone better than some imagined.

Would be nice to not lose in remaining 2 games and keep 7th.

The cv would look okay with that.