St Mirren V Ross County, Sat 3Rd May 2014

I was fascinated to note that not one single County player went down injured after we scored... gosh... what a co-incidence given that every ten minutes prior to that one of them was on the deck as if having been shot by a sniper! CHEATS!

McLean continues to be the player I always believed he would become with confidence and experience... and that shot of his that hit the metalwork was swerving all over the place... a bigger double dip than our economies!!!

Goodwin was just exceptional, and my MOTM by a margin. Did the simple things well; was very disciplined in the face of provocation; had a genuine presence; was vocal in encouraging those around him and driving them on; and was every inch a Captain!

Interestingly, a long time ago I advocated Newton and Goodwin as a pairing in front of the defence. I said that would reduce the amount of ground Goodwin had to cover and allow him more of a focus, whilst allowing Newton to be more central and play to his strengths. That was exactly what happened today and Newton was well worthy of a commendation. Quietly effective... but without him in that role today that defence would certainly have conceded. The wrong Cheesy turned up today... I prefer his assertive twin brother!!! Weak link that could have cost us dearly today.

Special credit to Dilo too... assured; confident; tres vocal; good saves and good kicking too today. I truly hope we are looking at getting him on a long term contract and don't try to penny pinch. The lad has something special and will go on to be a top keeper.

Saving the best for last... Wylde's goal... wow... just wow!!! :We are not worthy :We are not worthy :We are not worthy

Spot-on. Some arsehole in the family stand was shouting abuse at Danny after the subs. FFS, we have some real throbbers in our support.

I had a "discussion" with someone in front of me who was going ape because Magennis had come on and he was a waste of space. I pointed out that it would mean a change of shape and an injection of pace as we needed to try something different... but the mind was made up and it was an awful sub!!! Magennis has impressed me the last two home games when he has come on... and he has contributed to good results.

Sorry, but not up on text speak! I'm too old.

GIRUY!

Just to emphasis the point...

This is our LOWEST ever Premiership finish.

We sacked Gus Macp after achieving our then highest ever SPL finish!

According to the logic of the hypocrites - and most of the Danny fans were Gus haters - then Lennon must go!

They set the criteria!

Gus' best season was in the SPL was 2007/8 when we finished 10th with 41 points - 2 years before he was sacked for finishing 10th on 34 points. Danny Lennon has only ever delivered less than 34 points on 1 occasion, 33 points in his first season in charge.

If you are going to imply that finishing with 34 points is our highest ever SPL finish, tell me if that would be good enough to avoid the play off place this year.

I was pretty supportive of Gus, and wasn't convinced by DL's first season but since then DL has been a modest improvement on Gus, we've finished with 42 points and 39 points the last two season and may well break the 40 points barrier again, something Gus only managed once in the SPL in 4 attempts.

Gus' best season was in the SPL was 2007/8 when we finished 10th with 41 points - 2 years before he was sacked for finishing 10th on 34 points. Danny Lennon has only ever delivered less than 34 points on 1 occasion, 33 points in his first season in charge.

If you are going to imply that finishing with 34 points is our highest ever SPL finish, tell me if that would be good enough to avoid the play off place this year.

I was pretty supportive of Gus, and wasn't convinced by DL's first season but since then DL has been a modest improvement on Gus, we've finished with 42 points and 39 points the last two season and may well break the 40 points barrier again, something Gus only managed once in the SPL in 4 attempts.

Danny won the league cup against 11 men

How good were the two young fullbacks today? Kelly was excellent in the first half in particular.

Screamer by Wylde. How good would it be to finish in 7th? Especially after the early parts of the season?

Love it. COYS!

He'll still be gone if we win our last 2 games.

The squad he assembled in the first half of the season was piss poor, he chose not to spend his budget, panicked signed players in the wrong areas and his January signings have helped get him out of trouble.

The money he's spunked paying players off and even paying wages to guys who are now playing elsewhere. Real poor squad management and that's why he won't be here next season.

There is a couple of contradictions in this post...

"The squad he assembled in the first half of the season was piss poor" and "The money he's spunked paying players off and even paying wages to guys who are now playing elsewhere"

The guys he punted were to quote "piss poor", so yes criticise the signing of them, but how can you then criticise Danny for moving them on. Costing no more, and possibly less than it would have cost for them to sit on the bench or stand with us. IMO this is a trait of Danny with should be applauded, he isn't afraid to show under performers the door.

Then..."he chose not to spend his budget" and " his January signings have helped get him out of trouble."

Again, had he spent his entire budget in the summer would we have started as poorly? Possibly not. So a valid criticism. Then again, had that money been spent, and not been saved would we have been able make the January signings like Wylde and Magennis. Guys who have certainly had a positive effect on our season. So surely he deserves some recognition for keeping some money in reserve.

Last summer was a shambles, said so at the time and still believe that it wasn't just down to the manager alone. Something seemed off with the club all summer.

If we take enough points from the next two games to finish 7th, I think that the board are going to struggle to justify letting Danny walk from his contract.

ANYWAY...great performance's today from Kelly, Goodwin and McLean. Excellent substitutions from the manager, and a screamer of a goal. Good day all things considered.

It may be unimaginable to think but, 7th placed finish, 44 points, league cup winner, promoting youth

to established first team regulars, could it be possible we may struggle to keep Danny at the club....

I'm keeping my head low till this post blows over...lol.gif

There is a couple of contradictions in this post...

"The squad he assembled in the first half of the season was piss poor" and "The money he's spunked paying players off and even paying wages to guys who are now playing elsewhere"

The guys he punted were to quote "piss poor", so yes criticise the signing of them, but how can you then criticise Danny for moving them on. Costing no more, and possibly less than it would have cost for them to sit on the bench or stand with us. IMO this is a trait of Danny with should be applauded, he isn't afraid to show under performers the door.

Then..."he chose not to spend his budget" and " his January signings have helped get him out of trouble."

Again, had he spent his entire budget in the summer would we have started as poorly? Possibly not. So a valid criticism. Then again, had that money been spent, and not been saved would we have been able make the January signings like Wylde and Magennis. Guys who have certainly had a positive effect on our season. So surely he deserves some recognition for keeping some money in reserve.

Last summer was a shambles, said so at the time and still believe that it wasn't just down to the manager alone. Something seemed off with the club all summer.

If we take enough points from the next two games to finish 7th, I think that the board are going to struggle to justify letting Danny walk from his contract.

ANYWAY...great performance's today from Kelly, Goodwin and McLean. Excellent substitutions from the manager, and a screamer of a goal. Good day all things considered.

C'mon Joe aka Murray Street - please get the highlights posted big chap.

Liked Phil's choice of music on the way out with "Born to be Wylde"

Although I think he could have gone one better by playing the Elvis Presley track

"Wylde in the County"

Usually after 10pm for highlights.

Great strike by Wylde.

The free-kick by Brittain could have changed everything, but we deserved a wee bit of luck today.

I feckin hate cheats. County looked to disrupt our game by play-acting at every opportunity. I reckon that was part of their game plan.

Any time someone went near Goodwin they went down clutching some part of their anatomy.

Goodwin had a great game today. Controlled throughout. I'm sure he will have appreciated the backing he received from the stands.

The Monday Marvels were feckin brilliant at Half-Time. Well done lads!

Totally agree. The big dude who was doin the cartwheels looked so pleased to be on the pitch. He & his pals put their heart & soul into it. Well done guys . thumbup2.gif

Bearing in mind the lack of quality of the start of season signings , we have finished the season with not a bad squad , the quality of our sub's bench is as good as I can ever remember it .

With regards to Danny Lennon , he is a better manager now , than he was when we appointed him , he is smart enough and honest enough to have learned from his mistakes .

He also has conducted himself very well during a very difficult time

I think Danny is capable of putting together a decent squad for next season , the younger p?Ayers are all a year older , and Greg Wilde might just be real quality when he gains in confidence

The rank patter from their fans was f*cking cringeworthy at times as well.

What a bunch of mutants.

Also, 3 bus loads when their club laid on free transport? We took 40 (forty) buses to Dens Park when our board footed the bill.

_64504275_derek_adams_web0112.jpg

Were they shouting 'dildo' at our 'keeper in the second half, or am I delusional?

What about that tackle from Cheesy in the box in the second half? How good was that.

Slightly disappointed at the end though... Barrs Cola. Not sure if it's up to taking on Pepsi Max. Poor show. Get it sorted MacPherson.

That was a world class tackle let me repeat that it was WORLD CLASS FROM CHEESY

The rank patter from their fans was f*cking cringeworthy at times as well.

What a bunch of mutants.

Also, 3 bus loads when their club laid on free transport? We took 40 (forty) buses to Dens Park when our board footed the bill.

_64504275_derek_adams_web0112.jpg

Double post. Apologies.

Edited by Drew

Were they shouting 'dildo' at our 'keeper in the second half, or am I delusional?

They certainly were, for long periods. I thought it was beginning to get to him a bit as well then he started pulling off some top class saves and shut them up.

Dilo did very well today under pressure and I can vompletely understand why Kello is struggling to get his spot back. Well done Chris.

They certainly were, for long periods. I thought it was beginning to get to him a bit as well then he started pulling off some top class saves and shut them up.

FFS, I am almost embarrassed for them. Beavis and Butthead had more class.

RC bring nothing to this league, and this only confirms this.

Dearie me.

Edited by Drew

Another fine, all round, performance by the team today. Not a single failure in stripes and Jim Goodwin was simply immense in the middle. We're safe now but you have to wonder what might have been if we had seen some of this consistency earlier in the season?

Anyway, County are cheating bastards and their arsehole of a manager should be ashamed of the way he set them up today to spoil the game and try to get Goodwin in trouble at every opportunity. Well done to Craig Thomson for not falling for their shite.

Back on the subject of Adams. I hope that little weasel faced non-entity takes his team down and fades into obscurity like that other little toe rag Billy Reid. Both horrible little cunts.

Another fine, all round, performance by the team today. Not a single failure in stripes and Jim Goodwin was simply immense in the middle. We're safe now but you have to wonder what might have been if we had seen some of this consistency earlier in the season?

Anyway, County are cheating bastards and their arsehole of a manager should be ashamed of the way he set them up today to spoil the game and try to get Goodwin in trouble at every opportunity. Well done to Craig Thomson for not falling for their shite.

Back on the subject of Adams. I hope that little weasel faced non-entity takes his team down and fades into obscurity like that other little toe rag Billy Reid. Both horrible little cunts.

Amen to this.

Damn fine posting Sir. Last two paragraphs made me laugh out loud.

Take a bow!