Kilty Buddie

Many of us especially the many who go to away games will have seen a guy every game dressed in his black and white kilt and Glengarry on, This guy name was John Docherty a friend of mine, Sadly John passed away this morning, He will be sad loss to his family and friends, And other family St,Mirren FC

Edited by santaponsasaint

Just heard from a Saints supporting colleague an hour ago that he was seriously ill and it wasn't looking good. Noneless, sad to hear of his sudden passing.

Like most fans, I didn't know him by name but was well used to seeing him at away games. Always brought a smile to your face with his devotion to the cause.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Terrible, terrible news.

Like so many other's I did not know "Kitled Buddie" personally but he was a well kent face both at home and away. One of the character's of our support whom will be remembered by many amongst our number. I think it is fair to say that many of us who did not know him will remember him and that is testament to the man's character.

RIP my fellow Buddie, you will be sadly missed.

So sorry to hear about this. I did not know him personally but know others who were friends of John. He sat quite near me in the stadium and I would sometimes see him on the bus for away games. Enjoy your new life John and I offer my condolences to John's family and friends.

John was an out and out character who will be sorely missed on the North End St Mirren supporters bus.He was a terrific chanter who would be encouraged to give us a song on the way back from Dingwall or Inverness.I will leave it to his good mates Gerry and Martin to write something fitting but in the meantime may I say it was a pleasure to have known you John.A true gent and downright good guy.Dapper in kilt or in a suit.God bless you mate.May you rest in peace.