Kilty Buddie

Many of us especially the many who go to away games will have seen a guy every game dressed in his black and white kilt and Glengarry on, This guy name was John Docherty a friend of mine, Sadly John passed away this morning, He will be sad loss to his family and friends, And other family St,Mirren FC

Bloody hell, Gary, really sorry to hear that. Seen him at many games, I'm sure even before he started wearing the kilt. Very sad news indeed. sad.png

During my last travel with North End Bus to Tynecastle, we had some good banter with John, he then bought us all a drink in the pub before the game. We beat Hearts then, what a great day it turned out to be!

Next time we spoke at St Mirren park on Boxing Day and just before the home game against Hearts... Discussed how unpredictable St Mirren was winning and losing against all expectations!! He was always a pleasure and honour to talk to, a true gentleman, a dedicated fan. Absolutely devastated to hear of his passing, condolences to the family and close friends. :( A massive loss to the St Mirren family. May he rest in peace...

Hope there will be a minute's applause in his honour at the next home game, least we can do.

It may not be possible for the club to hold a minutes silence/applause but it would be nice of the St Mirren family to wear a bit of tartan on Saturday.

Jim C.

What a great idea Jim, and already being spread on twitter. Those who have tartan - please wear it on Sat, and those who have wee panda toys - take them with you to the game this Sat. It will be a nice touch by St Mirren family to pay respect to one of our own.