Next Year's Championship

Happy Buddie

Mibbe a wee bit early for this as we only know two of the so-called big clubs who'll be competing there next season, Hearts and the Ibrox Mob, but it could be a wee bit tasty in there, looks like even Dumbarton might be on a roll, given their recent form, in with possibly Hibs smile.png and Falkirk. I fancy Dundee, even against Dumbarton, only need to avoid a drubbing, for the title, Hamilton are playing Morton in the last game of the season, and could give them a skelping, so should be in second place. Falkirk host Alloa who will see their chance of staying up with only a point as Cowdenbeath face an in-form QotS.

So, Dundee up as Champions for next season, Hamilton beat Hibs in the play-off, leaving The Ibrox Mob, Hearts, Hibs, Dumbarton and Falkirk playing for the top two. Your thoughts?

Edited by Happy Buddie

Mibbe a wee bit early for this as we only know two of the so-called big clubs who'll be competing there next season, Hearts and the Ibrox Mob...

My thought?

That Ibrox mob, IF they are there.... and IF they are playing from Ibrox will be starting with a severe points deficit and NO money.

What makes you think they'll be competitive against full time professionals, when they struggled so much this season, with so many late goals and the usual penalties against part-timers? :unsure:

Edited by bluto

So, Dundee up as Champions for next season, Hamilton beat Hibs in the play-off, leaving The Ibrox Mob, Hearts, Hibs, Dumbarton and Falkirk playing for the top two. Your thoughts?

It is not as simple as 2nd top in Championship plays 2nd bottom of Premiership.

4th in Championship plays 3rd in Championship (2 legs) then the winner plays 2nd in Championship (2 legs) and then the winner of that game plays 2nd bottom of the Premiership (2 legs).

Mibbe a wee bit early for this as we only know two of the so-called big clubs who'll be competing there next season, Hearts and the Ibrox Mob.../quote]

My thought?

That Ibrox mob, IF they are there.... and IF they are playing from Ibrox will be starting with a severe points deficit and NO money.

What makes you think they'll be competitive against full time professionals, when they struggled so much this season, with so many late goals and the usual penalties against part-timers? unsure.png

I take your point, I said competing in the sense that they will be in that division. I didn't mean to imply they'd be competitive, I think they'll struggle to make top 4, unless Gregg's Greatest Customer is given a Wonga-type war chest.

It is not as simple as 2nd top in Championship plays 2nd bottom of Premiership.

4th in Championship plays 3rd in Championship (2 legs) then the winner plays 2nd in Championship (2 legs) and then the winner of that game plays 2nd bottom of the Premiership (2 legs).

No, I know that, I just think the final play-off will be Hibs vs Hamilton, 'mon the Aitches.

Right so far thumbup2.gif