Jim Goodwin On The Radio

HSS

The Club have to protect Jim more from the rantings of nutters like Adams. This should have been nipped in the bud before it became a witch-hunt. A stout defence and constant praise initiative is required to protect JIm. Certainly worth a new contract. :)

Not sure about Jim.

As above, I think he's a massive part of our team when he is in the middle of the park, but sadly he's a marked man with everyone out to get him booked/sent off.

His reputation almost certainly earned him the red against Hibs.

If that is overturned tomorrow, as it should be, then perhaps the persecution feelings will ease, but if it is upheld and he gets a three game ban then it will confirm my worst feelings.

Still has a house down South so might want to change association !

Would love to see him sign a new deal. There's many fans of other teams in our league who have said they'd love a player like Goodwin in their team. He's a big asset to the club and the team in my opinion, despite the agenda against him.

For me he is priority number 3 from the out of contract players for a new deal this summer, behind Thommo and Kenny.

A very good player if he concentrates on his game , but he,s been driven out the game in Scotland by Adams , McNamara and the rest , its a joke how some players have tried to get him sent off.

He,s one of our top earners , and also the player that out most through suspensions , and consequently I can,t see us renewing his contract .

Wonder who we will get to play the holding midfield role next season

This is a tricky one, heart says yes but head struggling to agree. I like Jim and would love to see him back to his best. And him turning down Hibs a couple of years ago speaks volumes about his character.

Two seasons ago he was great, last season he played in central defence and was way less effective. This season must have been a nightmare for him. And has struggled to find form all season.

That said over the course of the last 3 years the team has only really been at it's best with Jim playing well in the heart of midfield.

Not sure about Jim.

As above, I think he's a massive part of our team when he is in the middle of the park, but sadly he's a marked man with everyone out to get him booked/sent off.

His reputation almost certainly earned him the red against Hibs.

If that is overturned tomorrow, as it should be, then perhaps the persecution feelings will ease, but if it is upheld and he gets a three game ban then it will confirm my worst feelings.

Still has a house down South so might want to change association !

Young boy in the reserves ready to step into his shoes.Declan Hughes.He has a lot of football about him as well as being able to break up play.

Young boy in the reserves ready to step into his shoes.Declan Hughes.He has a lot of football about him as well as being able to break up play.

He has never featured in the starting 11, so isn't ready to step into the shoes of one of our most influential players, in a critical position in the squad.

Perhaps the lad could be introduced gradually with the guidance and support of Goodwin, but it would be a huge gamble to slot him straight in.

Goodwin is a heart on the sleeve player. He intimidates opponents, and gives us an edge that we lack in his absence. Guys like Lasley at Motherwell are no different, really, but are perhaps a bit cuter so have stayed out of the spotlight to some degree. So it goes, perhaps Jim needs to tweak that element of his game, and I think some progress in that regard was apparent on Friday when he was our stand-out player.

We shouldn't bow down to the pressure brought to bear by pricks such as McNamara and Adams. Granted, it can be problematic when the authorities have an agenda, too, but I think, on balance, we benefit enough from having him at the club to keep him here and back him up.

I've commented a few times about Jim being a bit of a handicap when that red mist descends but I can't believe that so many think we would be better without him. When he's good, he's very good. By all accounts he's a hell of a nice bloke and I hope he gets a new contract and has a great time next year captaining our team to our highest place ever in the SPL. And the Scottish Cup would be nice as well. But please,Jim, try your damnedest to reign in those daft tackles that get you into bother. The bastards are after you.

James Goowdwin of the emerald isle is a fine player for the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co, is a fine captain and has proven to be a fine ambassador for our club.

He is becoming a "marked man" in terms of fellow professional's attempting to cheat whereby they attempt to earn yellow and red cards for our captain. Such cheating against Mr Goodwin of the isle emerald is due in part to his determination as a captain and as such the trepidation that opponent's feel toward Mr Goodwin's name being on our teamsheet. This serves as a compliment to him as a man and player of the game of football.

James Goodwin is a fine Buddie and one whom we Buddie's can be rightly proud of. James Goodwin is one of our own and not only does he deserve a new contract we Buddie's deserve not to lose one of our own.

James Goodwin for a new contract!

Edited to add: Not only has Jim earned a new contract he has also earned the right to have his name spelt correcly in the first line of my post!

Edited by TediousTom

It'll be a sad day, not just for us but for Scottish football as a whole, if Jim feels it would be better to leave Scotland due to becoming a marked man. He's an old fashioned 'gives it out and takes it' honest midfielder, in a game which is increasingly full of players with a 'there was contact so I was within my rights to go down' attitude.

It'll be a sad day, not just for us but for Scottish football as a whole, if Jim feels it would be better to leave Scotland due to becoming a marked man. He's an old fashioned 'gives it out and takes it' honest midfielder, in a game which is increasingly full of players with a 'there was contact so I was within my rights to go down' attitude.

More like can dish it out but cannae take it springs to mind

He has never featured in the starting 11, so isn't ready to step into the shoes of one of our most influential players, in a critical position in the squad.

Perhaps the lad could be introduced gradually with the guidance and support of Goodwin, but it would be a huge gamble to slot him straight in.

Goodwin is a heart on the sleeve player. He intimidates opponents, and gives us an edge that we lack in his absence. Guys like Lasley at Motherwell are no different, really, but are perhaps a bit cuter so have stayed out of the spotlight to some degree. So it goes, perhaps Jim needs to tweak that element of his game, and I think some progress in that regard was apparent on Friday when he was our stand-out player.

We shouldn't bow down to the pressure brought to bear by pricks such as McNamara and Adams. Granted, it can be problematic when the authorities have an agenda, too, but I think, on balance, we benefit enough from having him at the club to keep him here and back him up.

Sorry Drew but I did not have time to post a long and winded tale this morning but what I was trying to say is that should Jim have to leave due to this outrageous witch hunt then there is a player groomed to take over in that position.Remember that Naismith and Kelly had not featured before they became regulars.Time will tell if Declan makes the step up but I,ve seen him often enough to think he merits a chance.