Free Buses To Away Games For All?

Ross County are laying on free buses to Paisley for this Saturdays match. Which I'm sure means they will bring a bigger crowd than normally.

So how about all the SPFL clubs getting together and making this a permanent thing.

It would mean bigger attendences and possibly more cash in the clubs coffers.

It wouldn't be hard to set up. Quite simply the home team pays for the away fans travel and then gets the cash back from gate reciepts at the turnstyle.

More bums on seats can't be bad.

Thoughts please guys....

I am ready to be shot down for the crime of positive thinkingbangin.gif

Edited by Tony Fitzy

Why would you be shot down my forward thinking forum chum?

It is a great idea if it were to mean that an increase in travelling support would result in such an increase in away crowds that the cost of running a bus would be more than off set by the increased crowds. Increased crowds also means an increase in programme sales and (as Shull will tell you) sales of pies, bovril and other such overpriced rubbish that is sold to the football supporter in this damn fine country of ours.

Another angle would be that less fans would drive horseless carriages meaning that less petrol will be expended resulting in a complete reversal of global warming thus saving the ice at either pole. Even the tree huggers could be persuaded!

Such an idea is unlkely to prove cost effective at lower division clubs where the cost of the bus is more than the gate receipts likely to be received from the 15 or so travelling supporters so each game would have to be considered on its own merit but certianly for SPFL games such a scheme would prove to be a positive move both for football clubs and the un-common travelling supporter.

Good idea as I said, good idea indeed.

Edited by TediousTom

Ross County are laying on a free bus to Paisley for this Saturdays match. Which I'm sure means they will bring a bigger crowd than normally.

So how about all the SPFL clubs getting together and making this a permanent thing.

It wouldn't be hard to set up. Quite simply the home team pays for the away fans travel and then gets the cash back from gate reciepts at the turnstyle.

Thoughts please guys....

Corrected it for you.

Question is will they fill it.whistling.gif

Some premiership clubs down south did this (Stoke and Fulham I think) not sure if it boosts travelling numbers or just means that those wanting to go to away games (and who previously paid) would then get for free. Saturday will be interesting as this is every bit as big a game for RC as it is for us so they should bring decent numbers if travel is free. If we had been going up there with free buses laid on we would fill the away end so it's up to the RC fans to prove on Saturday that they can travel in decent numbers.

ETA remember the support we took to Dens in the old Prem days when free buses were laid on for a relegation crunch match - the road up was awash with Saints buses, a great day.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

Hundreds of Dingwall locals get free travel to Paisley, then get a £5 cab ride to Braehead for some serious retail therapy and Ikea meatballs, before heading back to their buses for 5pm?

This benefits St Mirren how?

Hundreds of Dingwall locals get free travel to Paisley, then get a £5 cab ride to Braehead for some serious retail therapy and Ikea meatballs, before heading back to their buses for 5pm?

This benefits St Mirren how?

They'll be going well to get to Barrhead in a taxi for a fiver.

Only because they know they'll be humped.

Too late for the bod to do this for the Killie game but that was the ideal opportunity to give something back to the travelling fans.

The BOD could Hire a Football Special from Scotrail... them were the days!

Ross County are laying on free buses to Paisley for this Saturdays match. Which I'm sure means they will bring a bigger crowd than normally.

Thoughts please guys....

Great idea, well done Ross County.

I've driven up tae Dingwall tonight to cash in on the free trip to and from St Mirren Park ramorra. clap.gif