St Mirren V Hearts Top League

shull

What about 'Going Down' by The Stone Roses?

Got to include "This could be the last time" by The Rolling Stones, or "It's all over now".

Or, by Rick NelsonHello Mary Lou, GOODBYE HEARTS, Sweet Mary Lou I'm so in love with you.I knew Mary Lou, wed never partSo hello Mary Lou, GOODBYE HEARTSAnd we can all join in with the words in capitals
Edited by Happy Buddie

On another note, I hope the old bill are prepared properly for Saturday, cos I've got a feeling the Hearts fans may try to invade the pitch.

I'd settle for the same outcome as when they last invaded our pitch. The 5-2 win in McAvennie's last game, on the final day of the 84/5 season.

I always remember that one of the invaders was a burd in a tight, bright yellow polo neck, sporting big jiggling diddies as she ran. With the passing of 30 years it's probably best that she doesn't give a repeat performance on Saturday.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

I'd settle for the same outcome as when they last invaded our pitch. The 5-2 win in McAvennie's last game, on the final day of the 84/5 season.

I always remember that one of the invaders was a burd in a tight, bright yellow polo neck, sporting big jiggling diddies as she ran. With the passing of 30 years it's probably best that she doesn't give a repeat performance on Saturday.

Was that ths day Campbell Money stopped the North Bank from joining in the fun?

And then did we not beat them again at Love Street in one one the first games of the next season?

The next season being the one where they bottled it at Dundee?

Just got my tickets for W1, Im playing in a cup final friday night, up early next morning to get to get to Paisley, back late saturday, playing for Leicester City Legends sunday, should be a good weekend.COYS!!!

Was that ths day Campbell Money stopped the North Bank from joining in the fun?

That's exactly what I was going to post! The Saints fans were piling down from the top of the North Bank to get to the Hearts fans, who were goading us on, and Campbell Money came running along waving his arms for everyone to calm down and stay where they were, or it would've seriously kicked off. It did in town afterwards if I remember correctly?

If Partick win this Saturday we have to better the Partick score by 2 goals to finish above them.

If Partick and Rot County draw we can finish 8th with a draw against Hertz as long as Kilmarnock don't win by 3 goals.

Let's beat the Jambos and hope County take something from Firhill.

And then did we not beat them again at Love Street in one one the first games of the next season?

The next season being the one where they bottled it at Dundee?

Yep! 6-2 a couple of games into the next season. Not long after they went on around a 30 game unbeaten run until they shat themselves at Dens Park, and then again in the cup final the following week.

Yep! 6-2 a couple of games into the next season. Not long after they went on around a 30 game unbeaten run until they shat themselves at Dens Park, and then again in the cup final the following week.

It's all coming back to me now.

The STV commentator said after we beat Hertz 6-2 at Love Street.

"It's been a long time since the Hearts supporters have seen their team beaten so soundly"

And I remember thinking at the time it may have been 3 months ago, but it was only 3 league games ago.

That'll be the Derry flight then with Ryanair. Bluto might have to use that soon.

I love Donegal to bits but then it is quite like some parts of Scotland. I know you don't indulge but a pint of the black stuff sitting in Donegal is the next best thing to having one in Dublin.

You need to pay a visit to Kerry.

I'll miss the Hearts fixture.

Saints vs Hearts has a little bit of edge about it and tends to be a good contest. T'castle (after Firhill) is my favourite away venue, good pubs and decent atmosphere. In the last few years the Union flags and 'hello hello' stuff has (to their credit) snuffed out.

I wish them a successful season in 14/15 and a return as champions.

I'll miss the Hearts fixture as well. Furthermore, much as I've hated them over the years - and all the anti-Hearts stuff in this thread is absolutely spot on - I have to admit I've got a good deal of admiration for them this season for the way they've gone about things. They've never pointed the finger elsewhere, they just rolled the sleeves up & got on with it so fair play to them.

Maybe we should invite along a few old Saints players.....could you imagine the Jambo hordes if Phil read out.....

"Please welcome to St Mirren Park - Frank McGarvey, Tony Fitzpatrick, Billy Abercromby and er Jim Feckin Stewart"

Maybe we should arrange some false tannoy announcements......"Would Frank McGarvey make himself known to the nearest steward"

I think the maroon hordes would go ballistic.....

"Would a Mr Albert Kidd make his way to the home end....."