St Mirren V Hearts Top League

shull

Read somewhere that we haven't won our last home game or even scored a goal since 2005 nine years that is shocking then again its St Mirren so shouldnt be surprised at that .Don't expect it to change tomorrow even the bookies on super score board go for Hearts .

Edited by elvis

Think it's his goodbyes to Newcastle. Apparently Thommo out for a minor knee op as already mentioned. I thought that was scheduled for after the last game.

I mentioned yesterday, Thommo's grandad died this week, so understandably there would be a good chance that his head / heart might not be in the game. A good chance that they decided to bring the surgery forward under the circumstances.

"Bring on the dancing girls"........more of the same tomorrow Saints!!!!

I feckin despised that Hearts team and their supporters sit just behind the OF in terms of arrogance and bigotry.

Goodbye ya dobbers.

I heard the "macaroon" being shouted in the second half.

"Bring on the Dancing Girls" must be one of the weirdest things I've ever heard on a football commentary.

It happens just after Stevie Clarke scores to make it 5-1.

Reckon that is worth getting as a T-shirt slogan.

Yeh , the t-shirt would say something like,

SMFC

f**k the jambos

17/05/85

ye can shove yer jam-tarts up yer arse

"Bring on the Dancing Girls"

Edited by saintnextlifetime

"Bring on the Dancing Girls" must be one of the weirdest things I've ever heard on a football commentary.

It happens just after Stevie Clarke scores to make it 5-1.

Reckon that is worth getting as a T-shirt slogan.

If we can get a four goal lead tomorrow.

"Bring on the dancing girls"

We've had a pretty shite season all told, haven't we? I can't remember a season with so little to cheer us in a fair number of years.

Yet, we could still finish as high as 7th, which is pretty remarkable considering the self-inflicted problems we've had.

However, you only need to look at the gulf between 6th and 7th in points to realise that everyone in the bottom six this season has been pretty rubbish, and that's what's given us the opportunity for such a high finish. NOT because we've done well. We haven't.

So, come on St.Mirren. Give us something really good to shout about on this final day. A strong, skilled, committed performance. 100% effort for the whole 90 minutes. Make us proud of what we see today, and let's finish the season on a high.

Hearts will bring probably the biggest away support to Paisley this season. Let's give them one of the worst days in their season. Let's outperform them all over the park, and take as many chances as possible. Be clinical, be deadly, be ruthless.

Let's give them the sort of doing we only dish out every so often, as payment for all the shite they've given us over the years.

Yes, they're going down. I'm glad. Let's rub salt in their wounds, and stick 4 or 5 past them.

Especially as I'm in town today, and I'll be there!!

Come on ye Saints!!

We've had a pretty shite season all told, haven't we? I can't remember a season with so little to cheer us in a fair number of years.

Yet, we could still finish as high as 7th, which is pretty remarkable considering the self-inflicted problems we've had.

However, you only need to look at the gulf between 6th and 7th in points to realise that everyone in the bottom six this season has been pretty rubbish, and that's what's given us the opportunity for such a high finish. NOT because we've done well. We haven't.

So, come on St.Mirren. Give us something really good to shout about on this final day. A strong, skilled, committed performance. 100% effort for the whole 90 minutes. Make us proud of what we see today, and let's finish the season on a high.

Hearts will bring probably the biggest away support to Paisley this season. Let's give them one of the worst days in their season. Let's outperform them all over the park, and take as many chances as possible. Be clinical, be deadly, be ruthless.

Let's give them the sort of doing we only dish out every so often, as payment for all the shite they've given us over the years.

Yes, they're going down. I'm glad. Let's rub salt in their wounds, and stick 4 or 5 past them.

Especially as I'm in town today, and I'll be there!!

Come on ye Saints!!

And i bet you we will get another abject performance ending d up 10th. Edited by elvis

Just watched the 6-2 game. That made a middle-aged man very happy indeed. Absolutely superb performance and I remember it like it was yesterday. Nearly 30 years ago which in unbelievable. It may be a meaningless game today but by god that has got me tingling. Just a little bit of that swagger would be lovely today and who wouldn't give their right arm for a centre half like Peter GODfrey today - total legend.

ETA Elvis and Froggie make a cup of tea sit down for 20 mins and watch those highlights. If that doesn't give you a shot of positivity then nothing will.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

A bit more up for this, now.

This will undoubtedly be the last time we see a few players in the stripes - most notably Kenny McLean.

Kenny is an outstanding talent, and we will miss his craft. I would be there today if only to give him a decent send-off. He has been subjected to abuse from some of the more clueless throbbers in our support, and it is a shame that he is only now being recognised for the player he is.

All the very best to players who will leave us. Conor Newton is another who is certain to be away. Who will ever forget THAT goal, and the accompanying commentary....NEWTOOONNNNNNN!!!!

It might also be the last time we see Danny and Tommy in the dug-out. If so, my thanks go out to them. They have never been anything but 100% committed to the Saints cause, and brought us a magnificent cup victory last year, so have written themselves into our club's history.

I couldn't care less about Hearts. f**kem!

Just watched the 6-2 game. That made a middle-aged man very happy indeed. Absolutely superb performance and I remember it like it was yesterday. Nearly 30 years ago which in unbelievable. It may be a meaningless game today but by god that has got me tingling. Just a little bit of that swagger would be lovely today and who wouldn't give their right arm for a centre half like Peter GODfrey today - total legend.

ETA Elvis and Froggie make a cup of tea sit down for 20 mins and watch those highlights. If that doesn't give you a shot of positivity then nothing will.

i know it's not as good as 6-2 game but that first half performance v Falkirk is still one of the best i can remember Saints playing.

Edited to add after watching 6-2 game searched for 5-2 game from last day of previous season had no luck finding it came across Falkirk match by accident. If anyone has link to 5-2 game please post.

Edited by Ronnie

i know it's not as good as 6-2 game but that first half performance v Falkirk is still one of the best i can remember Saints playing.

Edited to add after watching 6-2 game searched for 5-2 game from last day of previous season had no luck finding it came across Falkirk match by accident. If anyone has link to 5-2 game please post.

Really enjoyed watching that again. Even back then with a wee rub of the green we might have scored six goals.