St Mirren V Hearts Top League

shull

I noticed one of the Hearts supporters buses parked in Clark Street. I think they were waiting for a couple of folks that hadn't got back to the bus yet. Some of them were taking the opportunity to stay outside on the street to use their phone/have a quick ciggie etc. and one mature blonde fan gave a wee smile when she caught me looking at her. I gave her a smile back and reserved her image in my memory for whenever I need to "crack one off". I don't know what it is about Edinburgh women but there's something about them.

Trainspotting has a lot to answer for.

Wee Kelly was a Weegie, wiz she no?

just back from the game, decent performance really, Cheesy and McGregor were solid, Wylde was good as well, saw Mick Harford going in to the main stand, currently head of recruitment at Millwall. Really good round of applause at the start! Decent crowd as well.

Agreed. Thoroughly enjoyed the game/day but not this morning's sair heid. Who got MOTM? Has to be Cheesy surely?

Some have been critical of the atmosphere at St Mirren Park. Today proved that it can be fantastic if the crowd is near capacity and the fans let themselves be heard. Some of the chants from the Jambo fans were hysterical. The Hearts visit was tarnished by their continual falling over for no reason, soooo many teams are doing this and are getting away with it.

Already looking forward to next season.

COYS

Some have been critical of the atmosphere at St Mirren Park. Today proved that it can be fantastic if the crowd is near capacity and the fans let themselves be heard. Some of the chants from the Jambo fans were hysterical. The Hearts visit was tarnished by their continual falling over for no reason, soooo many teams are doing this and are getting away with it.

Already looking forward to next season.

COYS

A 3 or 4 thousand crowd at Greenhill Road has a far better atmosphere than a similar attendance would've had at Love Street. The noise yesterday was deafening.

Love Street was only good when the away fans were the other side of the fence and there was no f*cking seats.

I thought our biggest problem today was similar to what I've seen on a few of the games on TV more recently.

Our midfield sits far too deep and is too detached from the lone striker. This makes holding onto the ball up front incredibly hard, and allows the opposition too much space and time on the ball.

If you're playing one up, he needs to be properly supported. Too often today we were too slow to get numbers forward.

Absolutely correct. If the players were implementing Danny's tactics yesterday to the letter I'd be concerned - if you do play with a lone striker it has to be someone who can take a touch and make the ball "stick" until support arrives. Too often yesterday Magennis either needed 4 touches to get the ball under control or on the rare occasion he did take control he was facing back to a midfield sauntering forward with no real urgency and no outball. Very frustrating to watch.

I haven't quite made my mind up on Josh - has been a decent impact sub generally because he's quick and a handful for tired defenders, however if we are being completely honest, he's very poor technically and inadequate in a lot of areas.

If he's available I'd take him as a squad player (Parkin-esque) but if we are relying on guys like him in the starting XI we're clutching at straws...

We turned up last minute at the ground & couldn`t get two decent seats together for the west stand, had to go in the South stand. Lo & behold, we look over to the west stand to the hundreds of empty seats, surely they cant all be season ticket holders who havent turned up ?

The main stand also had lots of empty seats & the south , although busy ,was far from full.

Fair play to the Jambo fans (not something i particularly like saying) they made the atmosphere what it was & their repertoire of songs was top class, great to hear them poke fun at their own situation.

We turned up last minute at the ground & couldn`t get two decent seats together for the west stand, had to go in the South stand. Lo & behold, we look over to the west stand to the hundreds of empty seats, surely they cant all be season ticket holders who havent turned up ?

The main stand also had lots of empty seats & the south , although busy ,was far from full.

Fair play to the Jambo fans (not something i particularly like saying) they made the atmosphere what it was & their repertoire of songs was top class, great to hear them poke fun at their own situation.

Wonder why you were late? whistling.gif

drinks_cheers.gif

Absolutely correct. If the players were implementing Danny's tactics yesterday to the letter I'd be concerned - if you do play with a lone striker it has to be someone who can take a touch and make the ball "stick" until support arrives. Too often yesterday Magennis either needed 4 touches to get the ball under control or on the rare occasion he did take control he was facing back to a midfield sauntering forward with no real urgency and no outball. Very frustrating to watch.

I haven't quite made my mind up on Josh - has been a decent impact sub generally because he's quick and a handful for tired defenders, however if we are being completely honest, he's very poor technically and inadequate in a lot of areas.

If he's available I'd take him as a squad player (Parkin-esque) but if we are relying on guys like him in the starting XI we're clutching at straws...

Big Josh never looked like scoring.

Wylde who i thought was excellent was whipping in plenty crosses for him to attack and he never moved to attack them

Was that you and the missus moaning at the ticket office for ten minutes.

Yesterday confirmed to me that I really hope we don't try and sign Josh Magennis next season.

He runs about a lot and wins a decent amounts of headers from punts, but his touch, finishing & general awareness of what's going on around him is very poor.

Obviously we need another target man striker to replace Thommo (Kane Hemmings might be a decent shout - 22 goals & Championship POTY for a poor Cowdenbeath side - I suspect he'll get a higher paying English club though), but Josh clearly isn't the answer.

Yesterday confirmed to me that I really hope we don't try and sign Josh Magennis next season.

He runs about a lot and wins a decent amounts of headers from punts, but his touch, finishing & general awareness of what's going on around him is very poor.

Obviously we need another target man striker to replace Thommo (Kane Hemmings might be a decent shout - 22 goals & Championship POTY for a poor Cowdenbeath side - I suspect he'll get a higher paying English club though), but Josh clearly isn't the answer.

All yesterday really confirmed is that he isn't a target man centre forward.

With his electric pace he is much better utilised in a deeper role where he can run at defences.

All yesterday really confirmed is that he isn't a target man centre forward.

With his electric pace he is much better utilised in a deeper role where he can run at defences.

He can barely control the ball, never mind run at players with it.

Anybuddie know what happened when the Linespeople checked the nets at the start of the 2nd half? Our Head of Security came out and removed something from the net at the away end but what was it and why couldn't the Linesperson or a Steward remove the offending article?

Anybuddie know what happened when the Linespeople checked the nets at the start of the 2nd half? Our Head of Security came out and removed something from the net at the away end but what was it and why couldn't the Linesperson or a Steward remove the offending article?

At the south stand end,they removed what looked like a small remotely operated camera from inside the goal net area & gave it to the young cameraman about 10 feet to the left of the goal. He looked a wee bit miffed .

Dilo

Thanks. Aye right enough he did well, top save at the end of course. Looked terribly nervous every time the ball is played back to his feet though and not brimming with confidence in that department. Wee bit of practice needed in that dept. but he's a decent young 'keeper..

Edited by Barney63

Big Josh never looked like scoring.

Wylde who i thought was excellent was whipping in plenty crosses for him to attack and he never moved to attack them

I don't think I saw Josh , win one header , as the ball was booted up to him for the umpteenth time. His head may have connected , with a ball , when he was near the six yard box but the ball was going nowhere near target .

As for Wylde , he reminded me of Gowser last season , with some of the fancy footwork he was displaying and the way he kept losing his marker and of course as you say , plenty of supply whipped into the box for , erm , Josh. .

Funniest moment for me , was when the linesman linesburd , called the umpteenth offside against Gowser (he was raging) and someone shouted to the linesburd , "Nae wonder Jason left you!!" wA8W9vB.gif

Unfortunately for the Saints all that was going on around Josh was opposition defenders. Other teams against us, like Ross County, had a big forward heading down a big kick up the park to his advancing mid fielders.

I don't think I saw Josh , win one header , as the ball was booted up to him for the umpteenth time. His head may have connected , with a ball , when he was near the six yard box but the ball was going nowhere near target .

He did win one, but it led to him missing a sitter.

As for Wylde , he reminded me of Gowser last season , with some of the fancy footwork he was displaying and the way he kept losing his marker and of course as you say , plenty of supply whipped into the box for , erm , Josh. .

Funniest moment for me , was when the linesman linesburd , called the umpteenth offside against Gowser (he was raging) and someone shouted to the linesburd , "Nae wonder Jason left you!!" wA8W9vB.gif